Recruitment Warriors 2025/2026 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2025/2026 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
C = Club option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, S = Supplementary contract (Formerly, Development), T = Train & Trial contract

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 29/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 2/6
Unconfirmed Top 30 2025: 29/30
Unconfirmed Development 2025: 3/6 (Luke Hanson, per Zero Tackle)

Confirmed Top 30 2026: 19/30
Confirmed Development 2026: 1/6

2026 Gains: Nil
2026 Losses: Nil

Off Contract: Bunty Afoa, Tom Ale, Tohu Harris, Edward Kosi, Te Maire Martin, Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad, Adam Pompey, Taine Tuaupiki, Dylan Walker, Kalani Going (D), Tanner Stowers-Smith (D), Demitric Vaimauga (C)

This thread is solely for Warriors recruitment and retention discussion. Any posts not related to the above will be deleted.

Repeat offenders could have their access to this page limited.

Please be mindful of what you are posting in this thread before clicking the reply button.

Last edited:
Hearing that the Warriors are looking at Solomon Alaimalo on a min contract if Pompey is indeed shifted on. Not sure why Pompey would be moved on a year early but the Roosters have been looking at him
Typical Warriors.
Roosters see value in Adam
Warriors see value in RTS

NZWarriors.com
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Looks like the fans views differ from AW
Seems rumours on Bunty Adam Paul Roche suggest a push to get rid of local kiwis and bring in more import Aussies
Shame Aw

But - it’s only rumours

Looks like the fans views differ from AW
Seems rumours on Bunty Adam Paul Roche suggest a push to get rid of local kiwis and bring in more import Aussies
Shame Aw

But - it’s only rumours
I'd be damn sad to lose Pompey. His contract is value for money, and the guy is solid, no fuss.

I think we all know who the guy in our backline is that doesn't fit that value for money. You'd hate to see others move on in his expense.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
You know if Pompey is moved on he'll become a elite tier center in no time. Then we'll all be scratching our heads thinking where was this under Webby while Aussies cream themselves over him like Eli Katoa. He should be starting over Berry.
He has the first grade reps and is our only trustworthy kicker - we'd be mad to lose him he just needs more consistent game time.

You know if Pompey is moved on he'll become a elite tier center in no time. Then we'll all be scratching our heads thinking where was this under Webby while Aussies cream themselves over him like Eli Katoa. He should be starting over Berry.
He has the first grade reps and is our only trustworthy kicker - we'd be mad to lose him he just needs more consistent game time.
I think good luck to Pompey if he can find a long term contract. It would suit him and the club best.
Berry and Ali appear to be the ones the club has invested in and then there are talented youngsters like Kali pushing up from below. The only worry would be NRL ready injury cover in the outside backs with Montoya gone as well.
I can’t think of an NRL side though where Pompey would be a walk up starter though.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
I actually heard on SENZ radio this afternoon the hosts bantering about and one saying "you won't even tell us who has signed with the Roosters". Thought it was nothing but then jump on here and see Pompey to Roosters rumours 🤔🤔

Seems a few rumours floating around at the moment. Pompey having interest wouldn’t surprise me, there was interest from the knights in recent times but the Warriors chose to retain him. I’m disappointed for him in that sense, but perhaps he wanted to stay closer to home rather than wanting to go to Australia at the time? He was the true victim of the RTS experiment I reckon. Interesting if roosters are the club interested as they took him over there as a young guy. Leiataua is too good not to be in the team now, I’m not convinced Berry is a walk up starter after long injury though. At least straight away anyway, but as long as he carries on the trajectory he was than he’ll be the long term other centre I think

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
The Solomon Alaimalo rumour is an interesting one when you consider the recent rumour around Shaun Stevenson. Who knows if there’s any truth to either but interesting when you consider their similarity in body shape, quite tall with some size and pace. Both older in age too. It’s one thing I’ve noticed in a lot of our recruitment targets that have been out there is height. Even Healey is quite tall by a lot of hookers standards, Egan isn’t short either though

Last edited:
The Solomon Alaimalo rumour is an interesting one when you consider the recent rumour around Shaun Stevenson. Who knows if there’s any truth to either but interesting when you consider their similarity in body shape, quite tall with some size and pace. Both older in age too. It’s one thing I’ve noticed in a lot of our recruitment targets that have been out there is height. Even Healey is quite tall by a lot of hookers standards, Egan isn’t short either though
Comparing Stevenson to Alaimalo, is like comparing Pompey To Manu

Comparing Stevenson to Alaimalo, is like comparing Pompey To Manu
Actually thought he was quite impressive for his first season from union albeit in a struggling team. 75% tackle efficiency and average 105m per game over 8. 2 tries and 2 try assists too in those 8. Although over a bigger sample of games, Montoya offered 78% and 120+m as a comparison. Would probably take my chances with him having some nrl under his belt rather than gambling on Stevenson making a sound transition in a preseason

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
I actually heard on SENZ radio this afternoon the hosts bantering about and one saying "you won't even tell us who has signed with the Roosters". Thought it was nothing but then jump on here and see Pompey to Roosters rumours 🤔🤔
I think you'll find that this was in reference to an All Black who has signed with the Roosters. Plenty of chatter starting to develop around this in union circles

Back