• Site may be down for a couple of mins. This notice will show up whilst work is ongoing.
  • During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
-​
Player​
2024​
2025​
2026​
2027​
2028​
1Bunty Afoa
2Tom Ale
3Mitchell Barnett
4The Greatest of All-Time
5Kurt Capewell
6Wayde Egan
7Addin Fonua-Blake
8Jackson Ford
9Leka Halasima
10Tohu Harris
11Chanel Harris-TavitaM
12Shaun Johnson
13Edward Kosi
14Jacob Laban
15Ali Leiataua
16Freddy Lussick
17Zyon Maiu’u
18Te Maire Martin
19Luke Metcalf
20Marcelo Montoya
21Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad
22Marata Niukore
23Adam Pompey
24Demitric SifakulaC
25Jazz Tevaga
26Taine Tuaupiki
27Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
28Dylan Walker
29Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
D1Ben FarrD
D2Etuane FukofukaD
D3Patrick MoimoiD
D4Tanner Stowers-SmithDD
-Jett Cleary-DDD
-James Fisher-Harris-
-Kalani Going-D
-Motu Pasikala-
key: C = Club option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 29/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 4/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 4/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers Pathways), Kahu Capper (Roosters Pathways)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks), Jazz Tevaga (Contract Expired), Shaun Johnson (Retirement)
2025 Off Contract: Nil

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
Let’s be realistic. I thinking we need an outside back, a half, and probably a middle forward.

Options for 2025:
Karapani (broncos)

Options for 2026/early release
Corey jenson Bronx
Xavier willison Bronx
Emre gular raiders
Xavier savage raiders
Blake Wilson dogs
Ronaldo mulitalo sharks
Oregan kaufusi sharks
Royce hunt sharks
Tuka hau tupaha sharks
Tanah boys titans
Erin Clark titans
Jojo Fifita titans
Tof Sipley manly
Jonah pezet storm
Jackson Hastings knights
Leo Thompson knights
Val homes cows
Griffin Neame cows
Wiremu Grieg eele
Joe ofa eels
Dave moale rabbits
Fonua pole tigers

It’s pretty slim pickings out there
Corey Jensen is solid, i've been a fan for a while honestly should've been in the Queensland team. Him, Barnett and JFH is a top prop rotation.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
We’re gonna have to sign someone in the halves even if only for depth but we can afford a quality halfback if we can convince one…..
Gotta shoot high and work your way down the food chain.
Remember last time Sj left- the pricks promised us Mitchell Moses and delivered nikorima (who’s ironically off contract I believe).
Nikorima was a great foil for SJ in some Kiwis games if I remember rightly.
That’s his go and he is doing a decent job at the Dolphins in that role.
It’s a no for me though.
We have a few “foils” just need an alpha.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Nikorima
Asi
Turner
Perham
Volkman

So many options......
well to be fair, fittler recently called nikorima 'elite' lol...in the same article Brohman stated that nikorima is the 'most underrated' player in the game.

i dont think there is another example as great as this article that finally proves that playing rugby league gives CTE.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
The options seem to range from the delusional (Cleary) to the overly optimistic (Brown) to the utterly desperate (Volkman?!).

I'm really hoping we manage to get someone like a Neame that we can start to build a pack around for years to come.

Neame is a promising player, but he's not a guy who anyone will build a pack around. He's slow with limited attack, pretty old school prop. He's basically klemmer without the aggression atm. Potentially a good starting prop in future? Possibly.

Was he really? Hard to gauge when the whole team was dreadful
It was the basis of his defence he was dropped and got limited playing time according to the coaching staff in interviews to explain his non selection. This is not Wrighty's assessment. It is coming from the Wattiors coaching staff at the time.

We’re gonna have to sign someone in the halves even if only for depth but we can afford a quality halfback if we can convince one…..
Gotta shoot high and work your way down the food chain.
Remember last time Sj left- the pricks promised us Mitchell Moses and delivered nikorima (who’s ironically off contract I believe).
You would have to think the club played some part in his retirement, I refuse to believe the club offered him a fair market value one year deal and he turned it down. Why wouldn't he want to keep playing while being home. Leads me to believe their comfortable with a Metcalf/TMM/CHT trio with maybe a depth one year flier on somebody (honestly wouldn't shock me if that was Farr).

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Or the club has lost faith in SJ’s deteriorating form and will risk going with anyone else rather than go all in on SJ again for next year?

Doesn’t necessarily mean they are comfortable with our options, just backed into a corner?
From SJs mouth from the various videos the Warriors released after his announcement - he was offered a contract he liked but felt his time was up.
Obviously we can't be 100% sure of that but who knows.

Thought it would have been interesting had the rumours around Dylan Walker wanting a release to head back to Aussie. He was brought here as an impact player from the bench on good money at $700k a season, and proved to be worth that salary. When you talk about impact, there’s not many more damaging than NAS on his day, though that can be few and far between these days. With his salary at $900k a season, if the storm were to chip in $150-$200k of that salary then that would put it at a similar figure of what Walker was brought here initially as a player from the bench. Of course Walker is worth the figure more on the positions he can fill, but NAS in the right frame of mind could be big impact. Played fairly substantial minutes in the weekend and though the game is passing players like him by with the speed it’s being played, there’s still a place for the type of big body

Thought it would have been interesting had the rumours around Dylan Walker wanting a release to head back to Aussie. He was brought here as an impact player from the bench on good money at $700k a season, and proved to be worth that salary. When you talk about impact, there’s not many more damaging than NAS on his day, though that can be few and far between these days. With his salary at $900k a season, if the storm were to chip in $150-$200k of that salary then that would put it at a similar figure of what Walker was brought here initially as a player from the bench. Of course Walker is worth the figure more on the positions he can fill, but NAS in the right frame of mind could be big impact. Played fairly substantial minutes in the weekend and though the game is passing players like him by with the speed it’s being played, there’s still a place for the type of big body
It's an interesting conundrum for the club. If Walker was to leave and Tohu finishes up we basically have marquee money.
The long term play for me would be Tapine but he has a long term deal.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back