• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
-​
Player​
2024​
2025​
2026​
2027​
2028​
1Bunty Afoa
2Tom Ale
3Mitchell Barnett
4The Greatest of All-Time
5Kurt Capewell
6Wayde Egan
7Addin Fonua-Blake
8Jackson Ford
9Leka Halasima
10Tohu Harris
11Chanel Harris-TavitaM
12Shaun Johnson
13Edward Kosi
14Jacob Laban
15Ali Leiataua
16Freddy Lussick
17Zyon Maiu’u
18Te Maire Martin
19Luke Metcalf
20Marcelo Montoya
21Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad
22Marata Niukore
23Adam Pompey
24Demitric SifakulaC
25Jazz Tevaga
26Taine Tuaupiki
27Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
28Dylan Walker
29Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
D1Ben FarrD
D2Etuane FukofukaD
D3Patrick MoimoiD
D4Tanner Stowers-SmithDD
-Jett Cleary-DDD
-James Fisher-Harris-
-Kalani Going-D
-Motu Pasikala-
key: C = Club option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 29/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 4/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 4/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers Pathways), Kahu Capper (Roosters Pathways)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks), Jazz Tevaga (Contract Expired), Shaun Johnson (Retirement)
2025 Off Contract: Nil

Last edited:
Think his shoulder injury was his downfall because he was the best halfback in nsw cup until that occurred. Hanson promoted then? Because it would be a mistake to go into the season with just TMM, Metcalf and CHT as our only halves next season

I don't deny the issues for next year.

Just don't see the answer being someone we paid to leave.

The three you mention, all can play 7 if needed.

You're then looking at makeshift 6s if it gets dire - CNK, Taine, Walker, Ali...

NZWarriors.com
I don't deny the issues for next year.

Just don't see the answer being someone we paid to leave.

The three you mention, all can play 7 if needed.

You're then looking at makeshift 6s if it gets dire - CNK, Taine, Walker, Ali...
In the world of the nrl, I hadn’t discounted him being released for the season with fucked shoulder and brought back being that he was just holding a top 30 spot and unable to play for the season. The dragons too weren’t prepared to hold him until recovered. I see Tanah Boyd’s name in this thread as an option and see he’s been granted negotiations with other clubs for 2025

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Wonder if Craig mentioned running two sets of books and just generally being a pack of cheating c#nts
yeah I've heard he puts all emphasis on spine (duh).. wingers are least priority (anyone can catch and score) and even middles, he can convert to what he needs..

I think having good character is a big part of it, I think the culture instills it very quickly.. even Munster is conforming...

My mate who is a NZ Super rugby assistant coach spent a few days with him and soaked a lot in.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
In the world of the nrl, I hadn’t discounted him being released for the season with fucked shoulder and brought back being that he was just holding a top 30 spot and unable to play for the season. The dragons too weren’t prepared to hold him until recovered. I see Tanah Boyd’s name in this thread as an option and see he’s been granted negotiations with other clubs for 2025
Tanah Boyd is rubbish… Temu version of DCE

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
The other distraction this year was the negativity around the corner-bomb-kick-chase strategy (yes the strategy that absolutely dominated the Storm until we Warriorsed it late).

That strategy was and continues to be a terrific way to win games. But, only if you do not immediately give away penalties and fail to defend them.

I think the 'chase' part of that strategy basically totally disappearing while the corner bomb part stayed was a a big part of the negativity (along with the classic concede penalty/error on their goal line to immediately concede a try the next set as mentioned).

200w.gif

The replies to my post took a dark turn and I can only see half the posts 🤣

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back