• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
-​
Player​
2024​
2025​
2026​
2027​
2028​
1Bunty Afoa
2Tom Ale
3Mitchell Barnett
4The Greatest of All-Time
5Kurt Capewell
6Wayde Egan
7Addin Fonua-Blake
8Jackson Ford
9Leka Halasima
10Tohu Harris
11Chanel Harris-TavitaM
12Shaun Johnson
13Edward Kosi
14Jacob Laban
15Ali Leiataua
16Freddy Lussick
17Zyon Maiu’u
18Te Maire Martin
19Luke Metcalf
20Marcelo Montoya
21Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad
22Marata Niukore
23Adam Pompey
24Demitric SifakulaC
25Jazz Tevaga
26Taine Tuaupiki
27Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
28Dylan Walker
29Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
D1Ben FarrD
D2Etuane FukofukaD
D3Patrick MoimoiD
D4Tanner Stowers-SmithDD
-Jett Cleary-DDD
-James Fisher-Harris-
-Kalani Going-D
-Motu Pasikala-
key: C = Club option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 29/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 4/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 4/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers Pathways), Kahu Capper (Roosters Pathways)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks), Jazz Tevaga (Contract Expired), Shaun Johnson (Retirement)
2025 Off Contract: Nil

Last edited:
Could be as much that he was the best option able to be negotiated with at the time? Even maybe offering good money to one in hopes it pushes another out? Sharks had a lot of middles coming off contract at the same time. Oregon Kaufusi is the best they’ve got until next year. Could be worse, apparently Corey Horsburgh is on $900k a season. No wonder raiders happy to see him leave
Nah, in no world was BHU ever a ‘best’ option or even a good option. It was a terrible decision to try to sign him. If only we’d failed on another even more notable recruitment idea. Oh well, at least we still got JFH!!

NZWarriors.com
Nah, in no world was BHU ever a ‘best’ option or even a good option. It was a terrible decision to try to sign him. If only we’d failed on another even more notable recruitment idea. Oh well, at least we still got JFH!!
BHU’s best seasons were with SJ at the sharks and wonder if that was behind the thinking? Seems to always work out for us, last time Toby Rudolf backflips and we pick up AFB and this time we miss out on BHU and end up with JFH. What do you think if Erin Clark as a potential signing?

BHU’s best seasons were with SJ at the sharks and wonder if that was behind the thinking? Seems to always work out for us, last time Toby Rudolf backflips and we pick up AFB and this time we miss out on BHU and end up with JFH. What do you think if Erin Clark as a potential signing?
Yeah I’m a fan of Clark- no world beater however I do see him as an upgrade on Jazz who I’ve always been a fan of (well at least ever since his auntie got stuck into me on here years ago) however his errors began to get the better of me this season.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Yeah I’m a fan of Clark- no world beater however I do see him as an upgrade on Jazz who I’ve always been a fan of (well at least ever since his auntie got stuck into me on here years ago) however his errors began to get the better of me this season.
Really feel stink for Jazz. Had his mate last year diagnosed with cancer and tried to do a great thing in making donation incentives to his game, but injuries just killed off what he had going. He and Walker worked great through the middle with their ball playing skills. Think it all could have weighed him down a bit? If Bunty goes, it’ll be all the longest serving Warriors players in Bunty, Jazz and SJ and not quite a new era, but sort of. Webster has given the guys he inherited a chance, and it was a success last season. This year hasn’t been and now it’s up to Webster and McFadden to add the pieces necessary and promote those waiting in the wings

Really feel stink for Jazz. Had his mate last year diagnosed with cancer and tried to do a great thing in making donation incentives to his game, but injuries just killed off what he had going. He and Walker worked great through the middle with their ball playing skills. Think it all could have weighed him down a bit? If Bunty goes, it’ll be all the longest serving Warriors players in Bunty, Jazz and SJ and not quite a new era, but sort of. Webster has given the guys he inherited a chance, and it was a success last season. This year hasn’t been and now it’s up to Webster and McFadden to add the pieces necessary and promote those waiting in the wings
Has he signed anywhere else yet? I don’t recall anything

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
I’d really like to see TMM work on his kicking game in the off season with a kicking coach. He need to improve that aspect to become a more complete player.

His debut was 10 seasons ago. He had some time off, and some time at full back, but apart from that has always been a five eight coming through the grades.

Players should always be trying to put the icing on the cake, but at this stage you'd think that what we see is what we get with TMM.

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Wrighty would you add Ronald Volkman?
I don’t think we have a shirt show in hell of Toby Sexton
Actually my mind tells me Tanah has a a very good kicking game
Yes..he mastered NSW cup but really struggled at NTL level to play with any confidence. He has only played 5 NRL matches and 1 pre season match. CHT on the other hand has had 71 first grade games and is surely as good as he will ever be. But perhaps we can put down Volkman's shrinking violet performances in first grade down to nerves and not being used to the pace of the game.
He is the one we have the most chance of signing and would be a great 1 down replacement for TMM and LM.
Finally Volkman has played 31 NSW cup games and has a winning record of 61% - that is a notable record.

Halves depth

1) LM
2) TMM
3) Volkman
4) CHT - to be developed into a back line utility

I would move fast on Volkman too - this is going to be hard recruiting anybody since we will finish 14th and there are 17 teams.

If you asked me how I would rate Volkman vs Sexton vs Tannah Boyd.
I would take sexton or Boyd before Volkman but I also think Volkman is the more realistic target as Sexton and Boyd will be hot in demand.

Nice touch from Benji giving SJ some love. Any idea why Capper was suspended this year?
With this article talking about Kahu Capper generally playing around the halves or centre, and the Warriors looking like centres are a strong position in the future with some good young prospects, could Capper be considered to around the halves?

Yes..he mastered NSW cup but really struggled at NTL level to play with any confidence. He has only played 5 NRL matches and 1 pre season match. CHT on the other hand has had 71 first grade games and is surely as good as he will ever be. But perhaps we can put down Volkman's shrinking violet performances in first grade down to nerves and not being used to the pace of the game.
He is the one we have the most chance of signing and would be a great 1 down replacement for TMM and LM.
Finally Volkman has played 31 NSW cup games and has a winning record of 61% - that is a notable record.

Halves depth

1) LM
2) TMM
3) Volkman

I would move fast on Volkman too - this is going to be hard recruiting anybody since we will finish 14th and there are 17 teams.

I would take sexton or Boyd before Volkman but I also think Volkman is the more realistic target as Sexton and Boyd will be hot in demand.
what about Ethan Strange ? he looks ok

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
what about Ethan Strange ? he looks ok

His sister Jasmine looks better just quietly. Good insta follow.

Someone else suggested a crack at Munro in another thread.

I'm usually not keen on import wingers but at his age and at a decent price, not a bad shout.

Halves depth

1) LM
2) TMM
3) Volkman

Also we have Geronimo Doyle in NSW cup
Doesn’t get much game time but when he come s nothings happen / three tries in no time at all when he came into halves late in game according to others at the game
I ve seen him do this 3 or so times on the limited nsw cup games I ve seen on tv

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back