• Site may be down for a couple of mins. This notice will show up whilst work is ongoing.
  • During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
-​
Player​
2024​
2025​
2026​
2027​
2028​
1Bunty Afoa
2Tom Ale
3Mitchell Barnett
4The Greatest of All-Time
5Kurt Capewell
6Wayde Egan
7Addin Fonua-Blake
8Jackson Ford
9Leka Halasima
10Tohu Harris
11Chanel Harris-TavitaM
12Shaun Johnson
13Edward Kosi
14Jacob Laban
15Ali Leiataua
16Freddy Lussick
17Zyon Maiu’u
18Te Maire Martin
19Luke Metcalf
20Marcelo Montoya
21Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad
22Marata Niukore
23Adam Pompey
24Demitric SifakulaC
25Jazz Tevaga
26Taine Tuaupiki
27Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
28Dylan Walker
29Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
D1Ben FarrD
D2Etuane FukofukaD
D3Patrick MoimoiD
D4Tanner Stowers-SmithDD
-Jett Cleary-DDD
-James Fisher-Harris-
-Kalani Going-D
-Motu Pasikala-
key: C = Club option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 29/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 4/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 4/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers Pathways), Kahu Capper (Roosters Pathways)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks), Jazz Tevaga (Contract Expired), Shaun Johnson (Retirement)
2025 Off Contract: Nil

Last edited:
Geez I wouldn’t have Sam Walker near the top tier of game managers - he’s a good player but DCE & Moses way ahead of him at this point in his career.
Yeah fair enough.
Ive always been a big walker fan but he is still developing- probably the best young game manager I could think of- very clever player who like Cleary was born into it and came through a very strong system- id have no hesitation throwing him the keys (not that we have a show anyway but just an example).

NZWarriors.com
Yeah fair enough.
Ive always been a big walker fan but he is still developing- probably the best young game manager I could think of- very clever player who like Cleary was born into it and came through a very strong system- id have no hesitation throwing him the keys (not that we have a show anyway but just an example).
Yeah I’d throw him the keys as well. However I do feel that the Roosters still play too much as individuals & that’s one of the things that holds them back against decent opposition. Teddy probably more to blame for that than Walker mind you.

Yeah fair enough.
I will be surprised if he isn't the heir to DCE for Queensland. Not that I am a Queensland fan but would love to seem him paired up with Munster in Origin.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
IMO Lachlan Ilias has the highest ceiling of the halves available.
Looked pretty good in all areas of the game at times.
Couldn’t have been easy for him at South’s with the disharmony under the recently sacked coach along with Walker, Mitchell and Cook controlling things.
I think he was made a scapegoat there.
I’d buy him.

Couldn’t have been easy for him at South’s with the disharmony under the recently sacked coach along with Walker, Mitchell and Cook controlling things.
I’d buy him.
I’m not 100% but he’s a decent option. Probably one of the top available halves. Has a good kicking game when he’s going well, which is exactly what we need.

Leo Thompson would be handy at the right price, see him more as a potential replacement for Tohu in 2026.

Personally I’d like us to move away from the “ball playing 13”. Move more towards a tackle bot/prop 13, like Melbourne. And inject that “ball player” at 14. Like a Walker or Clarke.

Yeo, Carrigan and Tohu (2023) are the exceptions as they can pretty much do it all. Which really shows how good and rare players like Tohu Harris are at his peak, which unfortunately has passed. Hopefully a good rest can do him right.
Melbourne can have a tacklebot 13 cos they have Katoa and Blore

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
To be clear, if we can get a Tohu, Yeo or Carrigan then absolutely. Or Murray lol.
But that’s the issue, elite players like that who aren’t 1 season wonders don’t come around everyday.

A horses for courses approach is also a go. A prop at 13 in some games and a ball playing 13 against others.

8. Barnett
10. Thompson
13. JFH

How good would that be.
This I can get around 100%. Give me something like

11. Halasima
12. Sifakula
13. JFH

14. Clark

I’d buy him.
Yeah I agree, if not we go left field and put Tuaupiki at 7.

It’s pretty obvious that our back are our problem as opposed to our forwards.

But in regards to the Saifiti and/or Thompson signing. The more I think about it the more I like it…

In regards to outside backs. Who? Who are we going to sign? Realistically. I’m more than happy for next year (or this) to be Montoya and DWZs’ last. I actually think it’s going to be.

Where we could sign Saifiti or Thompson and have an absolutely elite forward pack, dare I say it. The best in the league?

Assuming that TMM and Metcalfe are going to be the halve pairing. Wouldn’t it be a priority to have the best forward pack possible? Obviously I’d rather have Thompson over Saifiti, but I’d take Saifiti at the right price.

8. Barnett/Saifiti
9. Egan
10. JFH
11. Capewell
12. Niukore/Barnett
13. Harris

14. Walker/ Clarke
15. Saifiti/Niukore
16. Sifakula
17. Clarke/Halasima

Go back to a somewhat proper 4 prop rotation.
Tell you what, part of me now wants Walker to leave and we get Clarke. He can cover Hooker and ball player.

Any halve pairing and backline could play behind that.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
It’s pretty obvious that our back are our problem as opposed to our forwards.

But in regards to the Saifiti and/or Thompson signing. The more I think about it the more I like it…

In regards to outside backs. Who? Who are we going to sign? Realistically. I’m more than happy for next year (or this) to be Montoya and DWZs’ last. I actually think it’s going to be.

Where we could sign Saifiti or Thompson and have an absolutely elite forward pack, dare I say it. The best in the league?

Assuming that TMM and Metcalfe are going to be the halve pairing. Wouldn’t it be a priority to have the best forward pack possible? Obviously I’d rather have Thompson over Saifiti, but I’d take Saifiti at the right price.

8. Barnett/Saifiti
9. Egan
10. JFH
11. Capewell
12. Niukore/Barnett
13. Harris

14. Walker/ Clarke
15. Saifiti/Niukore
16. Sifakula
17. Clarke/Halasima

Go back to a somewhat proper 4 prop rotation.
Tell you what, part of me now wants Walker to leave and we get Clarke. He can cover Hooker and ball player.

Any halve pairing and backline could play behind that.
I would love to get mulitalo

Who would have thought this kiwis camp would be this big!

Mulitalo
Kini
Thompson
Nikora
Brown

All get a tap from Stacy.

1 K Kini
2 S Kali
3 R Berry
4 A Leiataua
5 R Mulitalo
6 D Brown
7 L Metcalf
8 J F Harris
9 W Egan
10 M Barnett
11 B Nikora
12 L Halasima
13 L Thompson

14 C H Tavita
15 D Sifakula
16 Z Zyon Maiu’u
17 J Laban

Last edited:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sg3zONgBOzk

Wonder what this guys future is? Was behind Luai at panthers but Talagi’s signing must have blurred the lines for him? Plays five eighth or centre, predominantly five eighth but panthers have Schneider back up halve and highly rated McLean brothers in the centres. In his 9 appearances this season has 2 tries and 6 try assists and can kick. Tackles at 89%, so pretty handy for a halve

I would love Cole but surely things look sweet for him at Panthers

I don't think Blaize will play in the halves here are the positions Blaize has played

1724744430942.png

Pretty straight up and to the point from Saifiti here. Probably not endearing himself to knights fans but honest and fair. Interesting I’ve seen it said by knights fans he hasn’t been the same player since he felt his best mate Mitch Barnett was unfairly let go by the club

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Just a question, regarding Tu and Pasikala. Do these two boys have speed or are they more power sort of wingers?

Pasikala is a fullback by trade, lean fast and skillful from what I've seen. Wouldn't be surprised if he gets a shot next year at some stage.

On the Walker chat, if he played for the Tigers he wouldn't be talked about origin any time soon. Talented player, but no way rep standard yet.

Ilias would be probably the best 7 available, plenty of upside. He wouldn't be cheap so would need to be our 7 to come here.

Pasikala is a fullback by trade, lean fast and skillful from what I've seen. Wouldn't be surprised if he gets a shot next year at some stage.

On the Walker chat, if he played for the Tigers he wouldn't be talked about origin any time soon. Talented player, but no way rep standard yet.

Ilias would be probably the best 7 available, plenty of upside. He wouldn't be cheap so would need to be our 7 to come here.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back