• Site may be down for a couple of mins. This notice will show up whilst work is ongoing.
  • During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
-​
Player​
2024​
2025​
2026​
2027​
2028​
1Bunty Afoa
2Tom Ale
3Mitchell Barnett
4The Greatest of All-Time
5Kurt Capewell
6Wayde Egan
7Addin Fonua-Blake
8Jackson Ford
9Leka Halasima
10Tohu Harris
11Chanel Harris-TavitaM
12Shaun Johnson
13Edward Kosi
14Jacob Laban
15Ali Leiataua
16Freddy Lussick
17Zyon Maiu’u
18Te Maire Martin
19Luke Metcalf
20Marcelo Montoya
21Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad
22Marata Niukore
23Adam Pompey
24Demitric SifakulaC
25Jazz Tevaga
26Taine Tuaupiki
27Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
28Dylan Walker
29Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
D1Ben FarrD
D2Etuane FukofukaD
D3Patrick MoimoiD
D4Tanner Stowers-SmithDD
-Jett Cleary-DDD
-James Fisher-Harris-
-Kalani Going-D
-Motu Pasikala-
key: C = Club option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 29/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 4/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 4/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers Pathways), Kahu Capper (Roosters Pathways)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks), Jazz Tevaga (Contract Expired), Shaun Johnson (Retirement)
2025 Off Contract: Nil

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
The lesser thought of centre

Looking at the positions you put that he’s played in, his best strike rate is on the wing. Tago would be one centre, Jesse or Casey McLean look to be holding the other at present. He could well play in the centres, such is his talent he looks like he’ll excel anywhere in the backline. Just regarding Cole, if Talagi is signed to play at five eighth, he could consider his future? Interestingly is a centre too but hasn’t been played there but Schneider has been played at five eighth since Cleary’s injury and they have a highly rated Trent Toelau holding the bench at present who’s a five eighth or halfback

All this talk of forward enhancements is great but I really don't see any meaningful improvement with our current backline.

Who is the best forward pack in the comp? And if paired with our backline for much of this year, how would that team go?

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
All this talk of forward enhancements is great but I really don't see any meaningful improvement with our current backline.

Who is the best forward pack in the comp? And if paired with our backline for much of this year, how would that team go?
It wasn’t long ago everyone was concerned about our pack. Especially Prop. How the tide has turned..
I think solving for backs isn’t that hard and we have some good ones waiting to come up

More choices for Half

Ethan Strange
The eels half who played two games Ethan Sanders??
Tannah Boyd - yes really

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Who do you see available or realistically a chance to come here that would enhance our backline? Or promote?

Really there is no one you can buy that is a known name - for next year anyway.

They would either need to scour NSW / QLD cup or promote from within. Both of which I don't really see happening.

Unfortunately it looks like we will need to ride out the contracts of DWZ & Monoya.

Really interested to see how CNK goes at centre this week - I think that looks to be the quickest fix in putting Taine at the back and CNK at Centre or they may go with RTS at the back next year

Hopefully Berry too can come back big time next year, defensively he is lightyears ahead of anyone else in our squad.

Really there is no one you can buy that is a known name - for next year anyway.

They would either need to scour NSW / QLD cup or promote from within. Both of which I don't really see happening.

Unfortunately it looks like we will need to ride out the contracts of DWZ & Monoya.

Really interested to see how CNK goes at centre this week - I think that looks to be the quickest fix in putting Taine at the back and CNK at Centre or they may go with RTS at the back next year

Hopefully Berry too can come back big time next year, defensively he is lightyears ahead of anyone else in our squad.
I see moving RTS to one wing as solving 2 problems at once.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
I see moving RTS to one wing as solving 2 problems at once.

It just wouldn't surprise me if they bite the bullet and move RTS to fullback.

He played every position in the back 5 this year. I just don't see them using another season to get him working when you may aswell just put him to FB.

Not saying it's what I want and probably not what we need either but is what it is.

That’s pretty much the point with my post before…….. there’s nothing out there in regards to backs.

IMO, an elite forward pack is harder to get than an elite backline. (And more important)
An elite halves pair is fucking hard……..

Who’s out there in regards to packs, backlines and halves.
Big 3 clubs
Penrith; elite forward pack, elite halves, really good backline.

Melbourne; best spine in the comp, bar none. Elite forwards and really good backline.
As a combo, I’d argue Hughes and Munster are better than Cleary and Luai.

Roosters; elite forwards, good halves, elite backline.

The some of the rest.
Manly; really good forwards, really good halves and really good backs

Brisbane; elite forwards, good halves and really good backs.

Warriors; really good forwards, ok halves, average backs

Eels, good forwards, elite halves, ok backs

Just imagine Mitch Moses and Dylan Brown with our forwards this years. I think they get our average backs going.

With JFH and potentially Clarke, Saifiti and/or Thompson in there. That’s an even better forward pack.

I’d trust our talent coming through in regards to the backline.
Hell, I wouldn’t mind Illias tbh. I think he can put pressure on TMM and Metcalfe. But part of me selfishly wants at least one kiwi half.

Our next half doesn't need to be fast with a rts step and be able to kick a ball to the moon. He just needs to be footy smart & be mentally tough/durable for the entire 80 mins and bark at the stragglers all day. Give me a fierce competitor over an athletically gifted player anyday. Metcalf can do the flash stuff for us.
Complete game manager who is the least flashiest of the lot and had an unbelievable IQ, Cooper Cronk.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back