• Site may be down for a couple of mins. This notice will show up whilst work is ongoing.
  • During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
-​
Player​
2024​
2025​
2026​
2027​
2028​
1Bunty Afoa
2Tom Ale
3Mitchell Barnett
4The Greatest of All-Time
5Kurt Capewell
6Wayde Egan
7Addin Fonua-Blake
8Jackson Ford
9Leka Halasima
10Tohu Harris
11Chanel Harris-TavitaM
12Shaun Johnson
13Edward Kosi
14Jacob Laban
15Ali Leiataua
16Freddy Lussick
17Zyon Maiu’u
18Te Maire Martin
19Luke Metcalf
20Marcelo Montoya
21Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad
22Marata Niukore
23Adam Pompey
24Demitric SifakulaC
25Jazz Tevaga
26Taine Tuaupiki
27Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
28Dylan Walker
29Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
D1Ben FarrD
D2Etuane FukofukaD
D3Patrick MoimoiD
D4Tanner Stowers-SmithDD
-Jett Cleary-DDD
-James Fisher-Harris-
-Kalani Going-D
-Motu Pasikala-
key: C = Club option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 29/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 4/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 4/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers Pathways), Kahu Capper (Roosters Pathways)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks), Jazz Tevaga (Contract Expired), Shaun Johnson (Retirement)
2025 Off Contract: Nil

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
Lussick is well ahead of roache.
- Way ahead - is a overeation. Lussick is tough & abrasive. Roaches is everything else. Speed, Better distribution from DH. Can ball play and kick a little, good defender
Most importantly disciplined. If SJ was playing next year you could afford to carry him over Roache. If your halves for "25 are, Lets say -Metcalf & Harris Tavita. And CNK is still the FB. There's going to have to be another organiser/general play link somewhere. Egan can be that, Roache can be that. Lussick can't.

If Tohu is having his last year next year and Thompson is available after that then it's a no brainer on our part.
You never know what could happen? Knights have signed James Schiller and Brad Arthur’s son but can’t announce it because their salary cap is so knackered. Though I did see the Arthur signing during the week. They’ve decided to pay $200k of Saifiti’s contract each year at the dolphins where he’s going. Things could get tight there where they could release Thompson early if he signs elsewhere? They chasing Jonah Pezet hard but considering having a shot at Walker too apparently. Ponga’s contract is going to make life tricky for them

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
- Way ahead - is a overeation. Lussick is tough & abrasive. Roaches is everything else. Speed, Better distribution from DH. Can ball play and kick a little, good defender
Most importantly disciplined. If SJ was playing next year you could afford to carry him over Roache. If your halves for "25 are, Lets say -Metcalf & Harris Tavita. And CNK is still the FB. There's going to have to be another organiser/general play link somewhere. Egan can be that, Roache can be that. Lussick can't.
After watching last weeks cup game, there is no way Roache should be anywhere near the halves! I get DH but not halves.

If the article on zero tackle is true. I think there’s a good chance we get Leo Thompson. It seems to indicate he’s a little unsettled at the Knights and is looking for mentoring. - well coming home to be mentored by JFH would be very appealing and I am sure he has had lots of whispers in the ear.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
If the article on zero tackle is true. I think there’s a good chance we get Leo Thompson. It seems to indicate he’s a little unsettled at the Knights and is looking for mentoring. - well coming home to be mentored by JFH would be very appealing and I am sure he has had lots of whispers in the ear.
I'm loving the new recruiting strategy! Kiwis camp will be amazing! Take your pick!

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Tanah Boyd and Lachy Ilias would be good gets i reckon, both are 24 and are definitely good enough to start if given a change of scenery. Bit left field, but could Tuaupiki become a 7 like Jahrome Hughes??? Hughes was a backup fullback turned 7.

Overall we need a halfback and TMM is not the answer imo, purely because of his kicking game.
Also Braydon Trindall???

I would pass on both Tanah Boyd and Lachlan Ilias. Neither scream game managing half to me. Both have struggled for consistent game time in first grade, and have copped their fair share of shit from their respective fans due to their poor performances. The half I would be targeting is Jonah Pezet.

If we do look to recruit a half. The main thing we will be offering is an opportunity.

We have an experienced half retiring and the other options have all struggled to get consistent game time. Mainly due to injury, but their form also hasn't stood out as "I am the man to control this side".

If we sign someone I wouldn't be expecting a superstar but there is a chance for someone to come here and train hard during the off-season and take a first-grade spot.

I would pass on both Tanah Boyd and Lachlan Ilias. Neither scream game managing half to me. Both have struggled for consistent game time in first grade, and have copped their fair share of shit from their respective fans due to their poor performances. The half I would be targeting is Jonah Pezet.
No to Lachlan Ilias?
He’s only 24
25 next year and younger than CHT and Metcalf.

I’d have him as our back up to TMM also

Lussick did him no favors and probably added a few years but he can join Metcalf and TMM in the fractured leg club

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Leo Thompson’s announcement must have rocked the knights with Adam Elliot the latest offered to teams. Sounds like Saifiti to dolphins is far from a done deal with the sticking point how much knights will contribute. Think teams smell blood in the water with with him and Brailey on big contracts that they’re trying to shift on

No to Lachlan Ilias?
He’s only 24
25 next year and younger than CHT and Metcalf.

I’d have him as our back up to TMM also

Lussick did him no favors and probably added a few years but he can join Metcalf and TMM in the fractured leg club
I wouldn’t be against signing him on a short term deal due to our lack of depth, where nothing is guaranteed and he must earn a larger contract (similar to what snake77 mentioned above), but there’s no way he would take under’s to move to NZ.

Thompson would be perfect to replace tohu- bonus if we could get him a year early- double bonus if he brings his brother.
I quite like some of the suggestions for the halves- looking at how many aging halves there are I can see a few of the names raised locking down a first grade spot in the next couple of years.
I’ve got a soft spot for big sexy and I feel like ilias has a high ceiling. Not sure they’re a huge upgrade on what we have but agree that we’re gonna have to sign somebody.
We could chase a big name like brown or brimson- they would add some spark but we’d still be short a game manager- wouldn’t say no if either were interested though tbh…
Outside backs looks like it could be the toughest position to fill- I always liked savage but isn’t he under contract? Might have to get a bit creative there- I wouldn’t mind looking at union players- guys like Stevenson and sand dunes would be high risk signings but could also be high reward- it would depend what kinda dollars they’re after…
Could be an interesting off season.

serious question.

What does everyone mean by a game manager for a half?

Is SJ a game manager? Is TMM not a game manager?

Are people expecting a game managing half (whatever that is defined as) to also bring all the other attributes that SJ or TMM have as an example?

I'm not sure whether this game managing thing is as bigger deal as it seems to be made out as. We went pretty good with TMM and CHT in the halves. 5 wins from 8 games, three losses - two in golden point and 1 by 2 points. In the context of our season and the opposition played that was exceptional results. Are either of them considered game managing halves?

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back