NRL NRL Expansion

Brisbane 3 won't be strong. Titans suck, how is a 4th team going to prosper against a Chch team which has the whole Sth Island behind it and plenty of Crusaders cast-offs? Perth doesn't have the passion to sustain it. AFL far bigger I believe. Fiji and PNG is a pipe dream. Politically unstable decision IMO.
Yeah I don’t think Brisbane 3 is a good idea personally but it’s apparently what the broadcasters are gunning for.
Not 100% sold on South Island yet until we get a boost in the development of local players, the systems in Aus are light years ahead. But it’s probably the best option with Perth.
Yes AFL is king in WA but and average Joe doesn’t know the difference between rugby codes over there, ARU will likely have their hand forced (excuse the pun) to drop a team from super rugby soon, Force in terms of cost cutting is a likely candidate and a Perth team could easily fill that void

Yeah I don’t think Brisbane 3 is a good idea personally but it’s apparently what the broadcasters are gunning for.
Not 100% sold on South Island yet until we get a boost in the development of local players, the systems in Aus are light years ahead. But it’s probably the best option with Perth.
Yes AFL is king in WA but and average Joe doesn’t know the difference between rugby codes over there, ARU will likely have their hand forced (excuse the pun) to drop a team from super rugby soon, Force in terms of cost cutting is a likely candidate and a Perth team could easily fill that void
Refer to Southern Keas.com-looks very professional and well thought out and you can add your email address to get progress updates.

Refer to Southern Keas.com-looks very professional and well thought out and you can add your email address to get progress updates.
That address no longer exists? Even Googling ‘southern keas’ it’s the 9th result until there’s anything about the bid

IMG_2197.jpeg

lol @ the bad AI art, CCC and Adidas colab? :p badly patched badge with the other badge visible?

You have to think - admin who post this one their bid website won't be capable of running the team right?
Might seem like nitpicking but poor attention to the finer details isn’t the most professional look, you’d think something like that is screened before it’s posted.
Assuming it’s a conservation initiative which is a nice tie in but ‘save the keas’ as one of the first messages implies the wrong message for a new bid also

What ever happened to the big announcement from the first Christchurch bid? Was supposed to happen in Vegas with a big American Star as an ambassador..
I can't recall anything either. It's like they did a Dana White from the UFC used to do. A big announcement and it ends up being something little that the fans don't care about.

It was like a double bluff. The big announcement was. There is no announcement.

I can't recall anything either. It's like they did a Dana White from the UFC used to do. A big announcement and it ends up being something little that the fans don't care about.

It was like a double bluff. The big announcement was. There is no announcement.
This bid has let Moffet make some noise while they’ve been quietly going about filling some key roles. I expect news and media to pick up from next week.

Really like the Kea name but the jersey colour and design is terrible.
Like some have said a cross between and Irish and South African rugby jersey.
Don’t get me started on the overcooked design detail on the front! 🤢
Need to embrace the Red and Black of Canterbury and add a highlight colour.
Basic marketing I would have thought.

What is that extra hand up to? 🤣
Apart from the obvious lack of cut-and-paste skill front whoever was responsible for the art, AIG and Addidas will not be the Keas' sponsors! Wonder who let that art pass inspection....Remember how last year or the year before Telstra - or one of their employees - decided to freak out about Vodafone sponsoring the Warriors when Telstra and the NRL had signed off on that years ago? Art like that out in the public might give some not overly bright folk the heebie-jeebies...
Is the lack of professionalism in these kind of things a subtle sign that they know they're not much chance of getting an NRL franchise?

Apart from the obvious lack of cut-and-paste skill front whoever was responsible for the art, AIG and Addidas will not be the Keas' sponsors! Wonder who let that art pass inspection....Remember how last year or the year before Telstra - or one of their employees - decided to freak out about Vodafone sponsoring the Warriors when Telstra and the NRL had signed off on that years ago? Art like that out in the public might give some not overly bright folk the heebie-jeebies...
Is the lack of professionalism in these kind of things a subtle sign that they know they're not much chance of getting an NRL franchise?
That image and whoever deciding to publish it is shockingly amateurish

Combine that with Moffat's behaviour over the last 10 years regarding politics.

Doesn't bode well....

What ever happened to the big announcement from the first Christchurch bid? Was supposed to happen in Vegas with a big American Star
According to a News Hub article today (9/4) a KIwi icon who started his head coaching role this year AND another Head coach whom we place our hopes with have supported the idea of a second NZ team based in the southern regions