• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

General NSW Cup 2024

NZWarriors.com
If we somehow win the rest of our games and be in contention for the 8. A fit SJ and Metcalf would be handy if we did make it. TMM & CHT would def help the NSW Cup side as they are looking likely to make finals as well.
I know the QRL and NSWRL have rules about the number of regular season games you have to have played in any of their competitions to be eligible for Finals Football and I've found relevant competition handbook and it looks like the magic number is 8. I imagine TMM and CHT would still meet that mark...
Still remember watching a lower level game - can't recall if it was NSWRL or QRL and think it was a news article on NRL360 or Fox showing how stupid the enforcement of "playing the lower level game" was - where a middle/edge NRL level player walks on to the field with his team, his team kick off and the player immediately trots back off to be replaced by the incumbant player in his position.

I know the QRL and NSWRL have rules about the number of regular season games you have to have played in any of their competitions to be eligible for Finals Football and I've found relevant competition handbook and it looks like the magic number is 8. I imagine TMM and CHT would still meet that mark...
Still remember watching a lower level game - can't recall if it was NSWRL or QRL and think it was a news article on NRL360 or Fox showing how stupid the enforcement of "playing the lower level game" was - where a middle/edge NRL level player walks on to the field with his team, his team kick off and the player immediately trots back off to be replaced by the incumbant player in his position.
I saw that game. Can’t remember who it was.
Also if your first grade team is playing a finals game on the same weekend as the reserves, if you miss out on the main team you can play reserves, whoever you are.

I saw that game. Can’t remember who it was.
Also if your first grade team is playing a finals game on the same weekend as the reserves, if you miss out on the main team you can play reserves, whoever you are.
Rhyse Martin played 2 seconds for the Dogs in one of last round of 2018 to ensure his 8 game eligibility for the playoffs. 2 hours later he played 80 minutes in the NRL against us & kicked 5/5 in the match where Lachlan Lewis won it with a Field Goal at the death. Was a farce.
He went onto captain the Dogs to win the NSW Cup GF

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Roache has played 7 a number of times this season. Hasn't gone to well in the position. And from those performances some have judged him on his allround ability as a player. Which is not fair. I rate him as a 9. He's better than Lussick to Me. Just my opinion. And should be judged on how he plays that position.
I agree that his potential as a 9 seems more valuable than at 7 right now.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement