• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

General NSW Cup 2024

That’s exactly how we ended up without any good local players for 15+ years from the vatuvei-mannering-rapira-matulino years until now.

As soon as they looked big or fast enough in junior grades, chuck em into first grade, they think they’ve made it, they stop improving, cut them from them squad, promote the next lot.

It didn’t work.
I thought that was from signing athletes rather than footy players who go found out when they could no longer dominate physically

NZWarriors.com
Thanks mate
So if Ford and one more forward injured Tom and Bunty should be next man up to first grade
Kalani reminds me of a former vulcans captain and forward few years back who toiled away for years and never made first grade except for a couple of games and moved to the uk
James Bell ? Would that be the guy?
Getting old memory is cheesy

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Thanks mate
So if Ford and one more forward injured Tom and Bunty should be next man up to first grade
Kalani reminds me of a former vulcans captain and forward few years back who toiled away for years and never made first grade except for a couple of games and moved to the uk
James Bell ? Would that be the guy?
Getting old memory is cheesy
That was him. Was smaller in stature but all heart

I thought that was from signing athletes rather than footy players who go found out when they could no longer dominate physically
It's still signing athletes, but the current ones will get the benefit of a proper pathway with and better coaching and facilities from age 15 onwards. Also the aussie junior teams have just as many Polynesians as us at this point so the old size difference has evened out

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Laban was always the third best "2nd row" prospect in my eyes, hard worker but less talented overall than Halasima and Sifakula.
Oh yeah always has been for me as well but for some people here that early debut for Laban catapulted him to the top of the crop

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If we somehow win the rest of our games and be in contention for the 8. A fit SJ and Metcalf would be handy if we did make it. TMM & CHT would def help the NSW Cup side as they are looking likely to make finals as well.
Would you really change your two starting halves in first grade if they are winning and we are in contention?

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back