• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

General NSW Cup 2024

Laban hasn't really carried that first grade confidence down to NSW cup, looked pretty ordinary today to me. Well and truly behind Halasima now I would say.

Tufua is a great prospect but really needs to work on his decisiveness around the ruck. Will come with experience but a few times couldn't decide to run or pass and it just led to a momentum killing play.

Man we really need to fast track Sio and Motu, would be good if they can have a massive pre-season and both get some time on the wing next year for first grade.

NZWarriors.com
Laban hasn't really carried that first grade confidence down to NSW cup, looked pretty ordinary today to me. Well and truly behind Halasima now I would say.

Tufua is a great prospect but really needs to work on his decisiveness around the ruck. Will come with experience but a few times couldn't decide to run or pass and it just led to a momentum killing play.

Man we really need to fast track Sio and Motu, would be good if they can have a massive pre-season and both get some time on the wing next year for first grade.
Laban was always the third best "2nd row" prospect in my eyes, hard worker but less talented overall than Halasima and Sifakula.

Last edited:
Laban was always the third best "2nd row" prospect in my eyes, hard worker but less talented overall than Halasima and Sifakula.
He’s had the odd game at prop so could be being prepared for a bench role? Reminds me a bit of Guttenbeil with a hard edge but a hard worker too. Was interesting seeing Sifakula listed at second row after spending weeks in the front row for the nsw cup team and assumed his size would see him stay in the middle? He didn’t play though. Halasima seems to be more in second row/centre mould than the second row/prop one. Noticing he’s getting bigger though

He’s had the odd game at prop so could be being prepared for a bench role? Reminds me a bit of Guttenbeil with a hard edge but a hard worker too. Was interesting seeing Sifakula listed at second row after spending weeks in the front row for the nsw cup team and assumed his size would see him stay in the middle? He didn’t play though. Halasima seems to be more in second row/centre mould than the second row/prop one. Noticing he’s getting bigger though
All three will play a role in our near future regardless!

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
At this stage, couldnt really care about peoples assessments of players, including Webby. The goal should be to bring players up, get them in first grade and then do performance analysis. If they cant make 1st grade, then sign another junior.

But they don't and so the juniors are untested and we play injured players instead.

At this stage, couldnt really care about peoples assessments of players, including Webby. The goal should be to bring players up, get them in first grade and then do performance analysis. If they cant make 1st grade, then sign another junior.

But they don't and so the juniors are untested and we play injured players instead.
LOL - say you don't understand the process without saying you don't understand the process....

The development system for the club still bedding across all the grades after being non existent basically before and after covid.

The club are doing it perfectly fine with the most promising juniors playing up from their grade whether its SG, Flegg or Cup

This has only been established.

Which juniors should be promoted exactly?
Which promising juniors are deserving a debut that haven't got one this year?

The naivety & delulu thinking you know better than the club is hilarious.

Let me guess who would be the first to bitch and moan when we expose & churn through promising players.

LOL - say you don't understand the process without saying you don't understand the process....

The development system for the club still bedding across all the grades after being non existent basically before and after covid.

The club are doing it perfectly fine with the most promising juniors playing up from their grade whether its SG, Flegg or Cup

This has only been established.

Which juniors should be promoted exactly?
Which promising juniors are deserving a debut that haven't got one this year?

The naivety & delulu thinking you know better than the club is hilarious.

Let me guess who would be the first to bitch and moan when we expose & churn through promising players.
Which is worse, playing clearly injured players or juniors playing extra games? And it’s not a case of I know, it’s a case of it being results based.

Warriors 8-1-10 so far in 2024.

And no I dont cry when the results of my decisions aren’t favourable, I readjust my plan until I achieve success.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Which juniors exactly are we blooding and who is in the pipeline to replace them if it turns to shit? You really can't answer that can you?
& Let's just ignore the contractual element of that and the contest between clubs for talent.

Which is worse, playing clearly injured players or juniors playing extra games? And it’s not a case of I know, it’s a case of it being results based.

Warriors 8-1-10 so far in 2024.

And no I dont cry when the results of my decisions aren’t favourable, I readjust my plan until I achieve success.
Would the results of been different and would the juniors have kicked on?
It's all hypothetical like your theory on Tohu being the root of all form issue.

I have more alot more faith in the development system and the systems coaching staff then your David Goggins coaching schtick that's for sure.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement

That’s exactly how we ended up without any good local players for 15+ years from the vatuvei-mannering-rapira-matulino years until now.

As soon as they looked big or fast enough in junior grades, chuck em into first grade, they think they’ve made it, they stop improving, cut them from them squad, promote the next lot.

It didn’t work.

I couldn't watch but see Ale played the entire first half then went onto be 18th man in NRL. I'm torn on this tactic. Great that he got some minutes but was it detrimental to the NSW Cup side by only having a 3 man bench in the second half? Magpies/Tigers kind of used the strategy too but their Fullback got through 70 mins before calling it a day

Reactions: kos
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
So, do we think it was Webbies idea to play Roache at 7.? Didn't work, whoever made the decision.
Roache has played 7 a number of times this season. Hasn't gone to well in the position. And from those performances some have judged him on his allround ability as a player. Which is not fair. I rate him as a 9. He's better than Lussick to Me. Just my opinion. And should be judged on how he plays that position.

Roache has played 7 a number of times this season. Hasn't gone to well in the position. And from those performances some have judged him on his allround ability as a player. Which is not fair. I rate him as a 9. He's better than Lussick to Me. Just my opinion. And should be judged on how he plays that position.
Agree for sure, his work at 9 is good. The step up to 1st grade at 9 didn't seem to faze him

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back