Pick Your Team Storm v Warriors - Round 2, 2024 PICK YOUR TEAM

Preferred halves partner to SJ?

• Luke Metcalf

• TMM

• CHT

• Undecided???

Results are only viewable after voting.
Who would have thought… NAS due back this week! We always seem to speed up his recovery time. 🤦🏽‍♂️
Held back last week with extra Bellamy SAS training and phycological brainwashing about the Warriors laughing at how useless he is!

I’ll be glad if Egan’s out so he doesn’t get NAS’ed up again!

I had a nightmare about NAS going beastmode against the Warriors.

I dreamed he was a rampaging bull, dragging 3 warriors up the field every carry and offloading at will as he tore our defence apart. He could infringe repeatedly and the ref just laughed as he refused to penalise him. He did cross field bombs just for fun to set up even more tries.

The worst part was that cheeky grin knowing he’s kept the Storms Warrior domination going another year.

Did I really have a nightmare or just watch a replay of any Storm game from the past 5 years? Whatever, this nightmare keeps happening every damn year…

Kiwis NAS ❤️ Storm NAS 🤬🤮😭
Well at least Egan will not need any dental work like last time when NAS had "separation" between his elbow and Egan's jaw before smashing it down on Egan's jaw allowing NAS to play the next week.

Stacey on SENZ this morning said “that although Niukore definitely won’t be back for a couple of weeks yet he had seen Wayde and Kurt come in for rehab today and hopefully we can name this week, we are hoping they will be ready to play.”

How I read into that is that they are 50/50 and touch and go. Which to me is decent news considering how they looked on the field being in pain etc., so fingers crossed! With those 2 guys in we could definitely give them a decent shake.

It's been interesting to see that the club hasn't publicly released the full extent of their injuries including recovery time, when compared to other clubs injuries that have occurred over round 1.

Diagnosis is unclear eh.

Which depending on how you look at it is a good thing.

Pain, swelling, loss of range of movement / strength are a problem in of themselves but come right without surgery so on the whole these are short term injuries.

They probably should give them the week off.

Diagnosis is unclear eh.

Which depending on how you look at it is a good thing.

Pain, swelling, loss of range of movement / strength are a problem in of themselves but come right without surgery so on the whole these are short term injuries.

They probably should give them the week off.
Definitely, we’d know about it if their injuries were serious enough to have them out for several weeks.

It’s “only” Melbourne & “only” Rd 2…..I’d rather they rested and come back a hundy or thereabouts & hopefully a slim loss then start giving the comp a real shake up.

We all want them to win every game in a perfect world but obviously that’s not reality so the above is the tactical approach imo but I ain’t no coach.

Will be interesting come team naming.

Definitely, we’d know about it if their injuries were serious enough to have them out for several weeks.

It’s “only” Melbourne & “only” Rd 2…..I’d rather they rested and come back a hundy or thereabouts & hopefully a slim loss then start giving the comp a real shake up.

We all want them to win every game in a perfect world but obviously that’s not reality so the above is the tactical approach imo but I ain’t no coach.

Will be interesting come team naming.
Remember we didn't know what was wrong with Volkman though.

Maybe they have been sent to thier GP and they have just prescribed pamol.

No more than 10mil 4 times in a 24 hour period.

Chanel and Laban will do a fine job at hooker and back row for a week. No point in putting two players who will be so important to the season out there undercooked when it is only Round 2.

If anything, Laban being it could raise the bar, the Webby Wahs have been standing up big time for milestone games to this point lol

Remember we didn't know what was wrong with Volkman though.

Maybe they have been sent to thier GP and they have just prescribed pamol.

No more than 10mil 4 times in a 24 hour period.

These blokes have had scans for acute injuries, if the scans showed something they wouldn't be at training and being rated fifty fifties.

Volkman's situation is a bit different, he had a known Shoulder issue (not unlike Metcalfs Hamstrings) and there was a question mark over the longevity of his fitness.

The Warriors just committed a bunch of cap space on the gamble of Metcalfs health, the Dragons did the same with Volkman, but they put him through full contact which on its own could have caused the issue, let alone finishing off his shoulder instead of getting a Scan first, then trying rehab.

What happened to Volkman would be as dumb as if the Warriors were putting our two injured players through full contact training now (that would likely stuff their bodies and cause issues over and above the current situation).

Don’t expect any changes unless injury enforced. For what it’s worth below are some NSW cup stats for a few players knocking on the door (can’t get complete stats for each player unfortunately)…..

Jazz
TB - 3
RM - 228
PCM - 88
OL - 3
Tackle/miss - 40/4

Laban
MTR - 115
Tackle/miss - 38/2

Ali
Try - 1
TA - 1
LB - 2
TB - 2
Tackle/miss - 12/0
RM - 105

TMM
TA - 2
LBA - 3
OL - 1
RM - 50
Tackle/miss - 24/1

CHT
Try - 1
TA - 2
RM - 108
Conversion - 3/3

Storm will have drained a lot of energy in beating the Panthers last week, especially given it is the first week so the bodies will be sore and no real miles in the legs yet to pull you thru.
One week ago we were all pretty bullish on our chances this year, the loss to a determined Sharks side (penalties at the right times absolutely helped them) was not ideal, but surely one game doesn't change our belief!!
Warriors to grind out a Melbourne style win !! Warriors by 8.

Last edited:
After spending a few days allowing emotions to dissipate from Friday night's game, i'm not feeling too concerned....actually not at all.
I think we all knew with Taine stepping in we wouldn't see the fluidity in our backline shape compared to that of CNK's, however clunky it appeared to be a multi-pronged attack sweeping both sides as opposed to last season's favourable right hand side ambush.
Losing Egan for an extended period of that game, Taine's HIA, Capewell's ribs clearly hampering him all disrupted the plan and for what it's worth we could've easily walked away with the 2 points if a couple of key moments went our way, SJ's grubber in goal which wickedly bounced away from Capewell, DWZ's tackle in the air in the corner, "the obstruction" which was ruled a try to the sharks in the corner.......going down by 4 points isn't much to be concerned about given the circumstances.
Should we have won? Yes, however it was round 1 and even the best teams looked somewhat clunky.
Also, I've been a massive advocate for the lines that Ford takes however he is almost a guarantee for 2+ errors a game so a serious decision needs to be made there, if he holds onto those passes, we're surely either scoring on the next few plays or pushing for another repeat set and at that stage, the Sharks were on the ropes big time.
Given the potential of both Egan and Capewell sitting out for this one, i'd roll with.

1 - Tuaupiki
2 - DWZ
3 - Berry
4 - RTS
5 - Montoya
6 - Metcalf
7 - SJ
8 - AFB
9 - Lussick if no Egan ( Really do think he's our best starting second string Hooker option. )
10 - Barnett
11 - Ford ( Please don't drop the ball. )
12 - Laban a must if no Capewell
13 - Harris

14 - CHT ( Hooker cover and overall utility cover. )
15 - Bunty - Prop cover
16 - Ale - Prop cover
17 - Walker - Loose forward cover

Storm in Melbourne, doesn't really get tougher than this but i'm confident it will be close.

Back