• If you have difficulty connecting to certain section of the site i.e. Home/Forums, then please refresh your browser cache.

Select your browser from the options on this link and it will walk you through the steps.

If you still have difficulty, send a message.
  • During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

NRL NRL in the United States

Will you be going the Vegas for Round 1, 2025?

• Total voters
There’s a minority of Americans whom are your typical NFL/NBA diehards that do reaction videos on YT (most of you will know this already) that are really gaining traction and shedding light on the game and the NRL in particular. They all seem to love it, mind you they’ve being doing it with Union for years.

There’s one dude on there that I’ve been watching since last year and he’s really staring to understand the game more and he loves it, He’s following this season with fevered delight. He even called out a couple of errors and lapses in judgement in play that only a fan would notice. He’s got a soft spot for The Wahs now (loves DWZ, yet called him out on his over eager attempts to intercept the ball and said he should’ve stayed in the line lol) and it’s evident that he really enjoys RL Not sure if he realises that we’re the only team in the comp that’s not Aussie based.

What will come of this I’m not sure…. I know they play RL in the USA already with small comps in Utah, Texas and from memory New York State among others. It will never trump thier main 3 codes of American Football (which I prefer to watch over Union even though it’s even more slower to watch) Basketball and baseball but it could take a foothold at some level. It would take them at least a good couple of decade's plus to be a powerhouse internationally but they have money to attract and develop players/coaches within and from traditional RL playing countries of they see it viable with a federal wide comp.

What are the NRLs real intention of taking the game over there once a year? Viewership? Money? Show off? Grow the game internationally? All of the above? I dunno. I don’t think the Aussies want to grow the game internationally as they want to maintain their stranglehold as the best country to play the game.

Personally I’m conflicted myself about it for selfish reasons yet Union is growing exponentially with the advent of 7’s and now America is a legit side in in that comp and I’m ok with it, maybe because I don’t care much for The ABs like I used to but it’s good to see a far more even playing field than them dominating for the last century. It gets boring winning all the time paradoxically.

NZWarriors.com
There’s a minority of Americans whom are your typical NFL/NBA diehards that do reaction videos on YT (most of you will know this already) that are really gaining traction and shedding light on the game and the NRL in particular. They all seem to love it, mind you they’ve being doing it with Union for years.

There’s one dude on there that I’ve been watching since last year and he’s really staring to understand the game more and he loves it, He’s following this season with fevered delight. He even called out a couple of errors and lapses in judgement in play that only a fan would notice. He’s got a soft spot for The Wahs now (loves DWZ, yet called him out on his over eager attempts to intercept the ball and said he should’ve stayed in the line lol) and it’s evident that he really enjoys RL Not sure if he realises that we’re the only team in the comp that’s not Aussie based.

What will come of this I’m not sure…. I know they play RL in the USA already with small comps in Utah, Texas and from memory New York State among others. It will never trump thier main 3 codes of American Football (which I prefer to watch over Union even though it’s even more slower to watch) Basketball and baseball but it could take a foothold at some level. It would take them at least a good couple of decade's plus to be a powerhouse internationally but they have money to attract and develop players/coaches within and from traditional RL playing countries of they see it viable with a federal wide comp.

What are the NRLs real intention of taking the game over there once a year? Viewership? Money? Show off? Grow the game internationally? All of the above? I dunno. I don’t think the Aussies want to grow the game internationally as they want to maintain their stranglehold as the best country to play the game.

Personally I’m conflicted myself about it for selfish reasons yet Union is growing exponentially with the advent of 7’s and now America is a legit side in in that comp and I’m ok with it, maybe because I don’t care much for The ABs like I used to but it’s good to see a far more even playing field than them dominating for the last century. It gets boring winning all the time paradoxically.
I don't think they truly want it to go big over there. Even a small sized comp would attract bigger salaries than the NRL. Think of the Aussie basketball league, anyone decent signs with the NBA so the local comp will always be inferior.

NRL Vegas 2025: Penrith, Warriors, Cronulla and Canberra next clubs to play in USA​

Find out which clubs are now the favourites to open the 2025 NRL season in Las Vegas, when they’ll play and how much each club gets paid to go.
Michael Carayannis, Peter Badel and Brent Read

Four clubs – Penrith, Warriors, Cronulla and Canberra – have emerged as the frontrunners to play in Las Vegas next season with some of their rivals pulling out of the event.
It is understood the quartet of clubs were joined by another four – St George Illawarra, Dolphins, Parramatta and Melbourne – to receive the participation agreement from the NRL.
After going through the document, the Dolphins and Dragons are not expected to put their hand up to partake in the Las Vegas double-header to kick-start the 2025 season.
Parramatta are also reluctant given they will have a new coach, with the Eels expected to make a formal decision on Las Vegas by the end of this weekend.
Clubs have to formally reply to the NRL’s proposal by Tuesday for the matches which are scheduled to be played on March 1.

The NRL will return tot Allegiant Stadium in 2025. Picture: David Becker

The NRL will return to Allegiant Stadium in 2025. Picture: David Becker
Meanwhile, the Storm – who were once the hot favourites to land a spot – are now unlikely, leaving the Panthers, Cronulla, Warriors and Canberra in the box-seat.
The term sheet includes a $350,000 payment to the home team and $50,000 for the away side. The Warriors will only travel as the away side while Penrith, Cronulla and Canberra are prepared to give up a home game. The Panthers’ home base will be under construction.
It means James Fisher-Harris’ first game for the Warriors could be against the Panthers.
The NRL also told clubs they will fully fund eight days worth of accommodation in Las Vegas. The NRL funded six days for the four days who competed in 2024.
Manly were the only team who stayed in Las Vegas for the entirety of their trip. South Sydney, the Roosters and Brisbane spent time preparing across the west coast.
The NRL would contribute to the club’s funding should they want to shift their training base elsewhere within those eight days.
Fans gather for the NRL season launch at Fremont Street Experience in 2024. Picture: AFP

Fans gather for the NRL season launch at Fremont Street Experience in 2024. Picture: AFP
The NRL want to make a decision by the end of this month so they can start selling tickets to the event.
Complicating matters for the NRL is a desire to have a, NRLW fixture as part of the weekend. However, NRLW players would be in their off-season, meaning they’d need to be given a short-term contract and come back to training to play in an exhibition game.
The NRL are also working on two Super League sides competing in a club game.
Newcastle, Canterbury and North Queensland were other clubs who had initially expressed an interest in travelling to the US but pulled out for a host of reasons.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
From Code/Daily Telegraph

NRL Las Vegas 2025: Storm are out, Panthers, Sharks, Raiders and Warriors are in

The Melbourne Storm have withdrawn from the NRL’s 2025 launch party leaving four teams locked in for the code’s second big push into the USA market.

The Melbourne Storm have officially withdrawn from being part of the NRL’s Las Vegas launch party 2025 - leaving four clubs to kick-off next season in the US.
The Panthers, Sharks, Raiders and Warriors have all but secured a ticket to the NRL’s second instalment of showcasing the game to America.
The NRL are pushing to formally announce the four clubs within the next fortnight.
Long considered a contender to be part of the NRL’s US odyssey, this masthead has obtained confirmation from the Storm that they have withdrawn from the race, citing the terms and conditions of the deal as an overwhelming factor in the decision.
“The Melbourne Storm has advised the NRL it will not participate in the opening round of the 2025 season in Las Vegas,’’ Storm CEO Justin Rodski said in a statement.
“Storm had expressed interest in being involved in the 2025 fixture but having reviewed the proposed terms and conditions provided by the NRL and considered all other factors, the club has instead decided to focus on its preparation closer to home.
“We are always looking at new ways to help grow our club and the game more broadly.

“While we are supportive of the NRL’s vision for growth and expansion internationally, the time is not right for Storm to head to Vegas in 2025.
“Having played two trial matches away from Victoria in 2024, including the groundbreaking trial match in Fiji, the club will concentrate efforts on its local members, fans and participants.

“We are more than happy to discuss future opportunities with the NRL, whether that is in Vegas, Fiji or other markets where there is opportunity for the game to grow and for the Storm to
be involved.’’

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement

Will only personally go if we can make a decent run heading into the finals. It’s a large price to pay to watch a game of footy.
Based on today's Trump results I not going nowhere near "Merica. That place is toxic.
Seriously tho it will be an unforgetable experience for anyone who can make the trip & might be the making of some of our players who haven't experienced the big wide world yet

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back