International New Zealand Kiwis

NZWarriors.com
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Just hope the kiwis attack game plan, don't look like the warriors one from this season. We all know where that got us and where it come from.

Come on Stacey, you got better players to work with now.. should be able to get something better out of them..

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Even with Jahrome the odds werent great to start with, chances are SJs setting himself up for a walloping here. Not going to knock him for answering an SOS from his country tho.....especially when it seems like every other bugger is finding any excuse not to play (still say Kiwi players are subjected to club pressure....that Cronulla en masse unavailabilty seems a bit suspect....no doubt their carrying injuries but im sure some of them couldve played through)

Just hope the kiwis attack game plan, don't look like the warriors one from this season. We all know where that got us and where it come from.

Come on Stacey, you got better players to work with now.. should be able to get something better out of them..
Think that Penrith GF plan is the blue print for the Tongan game at least.

Tire those big Tongan power forwards out. Lots of little short passing, changing angles, turning players under, keeping that ball in play moving those middles laterally so they dont get a chance to clock off like they would with the one out bullshit. So by the time they've got the ball fatigue has taken the power out of those damaging ball runners.

Aussie tho different kettle of fish, mobile and fit....that'll be a tough one.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
He was hurt to be fair. That last Sharks game he certainly played well. Hopefully he's had further chance to rest his niggles even if that Achilles sounds chronic. Certainly much better than any other half options we had available.
Looking back it feels like he was just trying to make it through games most the year then got to the last one and went- fark it, if it tears it tears.
He’s gonna have to carry that mindset into the pacific cup- hopefully a bit of a rest has done him well.

Hate the idea of Shaun getting destroyed and that would be his farewell memories, why did you do it Stacy? 🤦‍♂️

This is such a write off tournament

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
My Kiwis A side.
Tried to pick a side with fit, injury free players

1. Taine Tuaupiki (Warriors)
2. Jesse McLean (Panthers)
3. Casey McLean (Panthers)
4. Seb Kris (Raiders)
5. Asu Kepaoa (Panthers)
6. Trent Toelau (Panthers)
7. Niwhai Puru (Newtown Jets)
8. Wiremu Gregg (Eels)
9. Zach Docker-Clay (Roosters)
10. Trey Mooney (Raiders)
11. Joe Chan (Storm)
12. Jacob Laban (Warriors)
13. Kalani Going (Warriors)
14. Fa'amanu Brown (Dragons)
15. Raymond Faitala-Mariner (Dragons)
16. Arama Hau (Titans)
17. Tanner Stowers-Smith (Warriors)
18. Valance Te whare (Dolphins)
Depth.
Remis smith (Catalans) Hayze Perham, Mawene Hiroti, Sebastian Sua
Hohepa Puru, Caius Faatili (Chch Junior plays Qld cup for SC falcons), D'Jazirhae Pua'avase

Last edited:
Ben Te Kura (Broncos)
Has he committed to Kiwis? Pretty sure hes gunning for QLD honours. If players in Kiwis A cant commit to Kiwis, no point in picking them as they are just using the platform.

Edit - https://www.qrl.com.au/news/2023/02/08/te-kura-i-want-to-be-a-player-that-kids-look-up-to/

“I love the Queensland culture. Representing the Maroons is a dream of mine in the future.

Dont blame him - Hes lived in Aus his whole life but stop wasting slots in developing Aus players. Hes not going to oneday decide he wants to play for NZ.

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Has he committed to Kiwis? Pretty sure hes gunning for QLD honours. If players in Kiwis A cant commit to Kiwis, no point in picking them as they are just using the platform.

Edit - https://www.qrl.com.au/news/2023/02/08/te-kura-i-want-to-be-a-player-that-kids-look-up-to/

Dont blame him - Hes lived in Aus his whole life but stop wasting slots in developing Aus players. Hes not going to oneday decide he wants to play for NZ.
That sucks... ahh well another one bites the dust. I'll edit him out
I was gutterd to not see Kiwis A play again this year

My Kiwis A side.

4. Seb Kris (Raiders)
5. Asu Kepaoa (Panthers)
8. Wiremu Gregg (Eels)
11. Joe Chan (Storm)
16. Arama Hau (Titans)
Depth.
Hohepa Puru, Caius Faatili (Chch Junior plays Qld cup for SC falcons), D'Jazirhae Pua'avase
This is terrific

Thanks for this

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
My Kiwis A side.

4. Seb Kris (Raiders)
5. Asu Kepaoa (Panthers)
8. Wiremu Gregg (Eels)
11. Joe Chan (Storm)
16. Arama Hau (Titans)
Depth.
Great list.

Isn’t the NRL something like 40% kiwis though? I dream for the day when NZA is a team of first grade regulars and there’s real competition for spots for the top side.

Our lack of quality depth is a worry.

Back