NRL Ladder Predictions 2024

We're at the halfway point of the season and unlike 3 weeks ago the top 8 is now looking very realistic, with the top 4 remote but still not impossible.

Of our 12 remaining regular season games:

5 are home games
2 of these home games are against sides with interim coaches
5 games are against sides currently in the top 8
2 of those sides we have already beaten this season

No game can be taken for granted as we've seen this season, but the remaining draw is not a particularly horrendous one.

I had a go at the ladder predictor and found with the competition so tight at the moment it took quite a few rounds before we clawed our way back into the top 8, but that is all hypothetical and can be taken with a grain of salt.

We're at the halfway point of the season and unlike 3 weeks ago the top 8 is now looking very realistic, with the top 4 remote but still not impossible.

5 are home games

No game can be taken for granted as we've seen this season, but the remaining draw is not a particularly horrendous one.

I had a go at the ladder predictor and found with the competition so tight at the moment it took quite a few rounds before we clawed our way back into the top 8, but that is all hypothetical and can be taken with a grain of salt.
A bit early to predict but we have certainly shown in the past two weeks that we can make the 8 (unfortunately, the draw is a bit of a drag)

A bit early to predict but we have certainly shown in the past two weeks that we can make the 8 (unfortunately, the draw is a bit of a drag)

I think I stopped looking at the ladder and what it takes to make the 8 or top 4 ages ago haha.

I'm pretty sure tho that if we beat the Cowboys we'd be very close to being in the 8, and with a lot of those teams in that area having poor for and against, I think we're in with a great chance to make up some big ground in the origin period.

Our next 5 games:
Cowboys Away (Origin stars backing up)
Storm Home
Titans Away (Origin stars not available)
Broncos Home (Origin stars backing up)
Bulldogs Away
BYE

Huge next 5 weeks, aided by Origin I'm hoping we can get 4 out of those 5 scalps, although 5 is certainly a possibility.

It’s classic isn’t it, not quite 1/2 way and we have the calculators out but why not as the comp is staring to take shape.

Like jonesy 201 has pointed out but with a little more transparency,

The Bye this week and then off to Townsville to play the Cowboys,

What could play into our favour is we play the Cowboys and Broncos 3 days after each origin game of which they should have a number of players backing up - or hopefully not in the nicest way possible.

HOME
Storm
Broncos - 3 days after Origin 2
Tigers
Eels
Bulldogs

AWAY
Cowboys - 3 days after Origin 1.
Titans
Bulldogs
Dolphins
Manly
Sharks

BYES x 3 - of which our final bye is in the last round of the competition ( we are the only team with a bye this round )
This is a guaranteed two points which could be monumental to final standings.

Hold on to your hats .. 🎢

5 are home games

I have to correct myself - I had the Tigers as an interim coach forgetting Benji is now a head coach lol.

It’s classic isn’t it, not quite 1/2 way and we have the calculators out but why not as the comp is staring to take shape.

Like jonesy 201 has pointed out but with a little more transparency,

The Bye this week and then off to Townsville to play the Cowboys,

What could play into our favour is we play the Cowboys and Broncos 3 days after each origin game of which they should have a number of players backing up - or hopefully not in the nicest way possible.

HOME
Storm
Broncos - 3 days after Origin 2
Tigers
Eels
Bulldogs

AWAY
Cowboys - 3 days after Origin 1.
Titans
Bulldogs
Dolphins
Manly
Sharks

BYES x 3 - of which our final bye is in the last round of the competition ( we are the only team with a bye this round )
This is a guaranteed two points which could be monumental to final standings.

Hold on to your hats .. 🎢
Also the Raiders away

Its 100% the time to go on a run, team will be mostly healthy after the bye and they should be fizzing after the cup players saved their ass the last fortnight.

Has the feel of last year, at the time of the first bye we were 6-5, -6 pts diff not that different to 5-1-6 -3 pts diff (and we had the storm beat so really should be on 6 wins) and then won 9 of 11 before essentially defaulting the final round.

Comp is more even this year, not necessarily harder, teams at the top aren’t as dominant, teams at the bottom aren’t as useless.

I think I stopped looking at the ladder and what it takes to make the 8 or top 4 ages ago haha.

I'm pretty sure tho that if we beat the Cowboys we'd be very close to being in the 8, and with a lot of those teams in that area having poor for and against, I think we're in with a great chance to make up some big ground in the origin period.

Our next 5 games:
Cowboys Away (Origin stars backing up)
Storm Home
Titans Away (Origin stars not available)
Broncos Home (Origin stars backing up)
Bulldogs Away
BYE

Huge next 5 weeks, aided by Origin I'm hoping we can get 4 out of those 5 scalps, although 5 is certainly a possibility.
5 out of 5 is doable - like Webby says it's all about the next game - honestly, the Cows are brittle, we had Melbourne before the lapse and the freak try... Tits, who knows?... Broncos have glass jaw, Dogs will be tough away ... get those and we're pushing for top 4... let's go get it

5 out of 5 is doable - like Webby says it's all about the next game - honestly, the Cows are brittle, we had Melbourne before the lapse and the freak try... Tits, who knows?... Broncos have glass jaw, Dogs will be tough away ... get those and we're pushing for top 4... let's go get it
prior to the last two games I would have said no way. But now.... Momentum is a wonderful thing when its a winning kind.

Remember for and against doesn't really matter to us (aside from with Manly) given the 1pt from the draw, just means we'll possibly be leapfrogging blocks of teams as we smash through the opposition 😉

Yeah mate I'm hoping a fresh team with most of our key players having at least the last 2 weeks off, playing Origin effected teams we should really be aiming for all three. Although Fifita was dropped for game one, hopefully he's there for game two haha.

The one I really want is Melbourne though. After that last game I'm wanting us to fucking hammer them. No Munster too, boy I would love it if Harry Grant or Jarome Hughes are injured haha

Next 5 games before the next bye:

Cows, Storm, Titans, Broncos, Bulldogs.

Realistically I see us winning 3 of those.

Next cluster before the final bye:

Raiders, Tigers, Eels, Dolphins, Manly, Bulldogs, Sharks.

I see us going on a run here and realistically winning 6/7.

That would give us 35 points and on last years ladder have us in 5th place.

Lots of water under the bridge still with injuries, form, other teams form, etc.

I think the warriors have a hard remaining draw including Cowboys (away), manly (away) and sharks (away) & Abit of travel.
Maybe fighting to get 7th/8th spot on the ladder.

In Major League baseball they play so many games like 160 in a season that they mark your winning record in two ways
1) What is your winning percent out of 1000 - so 500 is a 50/50 winning record
2) How many games above or below 500 you are

In the NRL I have observed you need to be about 2 games above 500 at the end of the season to make the 8.

With our Bye coming up in round 13 we will have exactly a 500 winning record after 13 rounds (counting the bye).

Can we still make the top 4 men or has that ship sailed?

Back