NRL Ladder Predictions 2024

Was that the year they bitched about us making the final and screwed around with the rules afterwards to more favour the top 4 teams? or was that a previous example from years earlier?
yea that was the year. I just did a ladder predictor and it looks like top 4 is definitely gone now, we are going to struggle to make the 8 if we drop too many more games. Can probably only afford to lose 3-5 more tops.

yea that was the year. I just did a ladder predictor and it looks like top 4 is definitely gone now, we are going to struggle to make the 8 if we drop too many more games. Can probably only afford to lose 3-5 more tops.
I don't mean to be that guy in the room but we only just won our last two games by 2 and 4 points respectively. Hardly indicative we are going to go on a run of ten straight victories. Anyway let's see what we can do. Fire up Warriors.

Maybe all this talk about we don't need our returning stat players and they can take their time returning is false and that get on a big run on victories we very much need our heavy hitters back.

Even if we just got SJ, CNK. Egan. AFB back that could help us go on a tear.

Dan we are need to make up 5 points to catch 4th place. After 13 round we should really be on 18 points if we wanted to be in 4th.

Let's not give up. One game at a time. Let's put our best troops out there. Cowboys are hot and cold team. Let's see if we can get them on an off day. If it's top 4 or bust then let's shoot for the moon. What position did you have us finish in your ladder predictor?

This season is looking like it will finish tight with the middle of the table. Lose 3 and it would be 14-1-9 which could result in sitting at around the 4-6 position. Lose 5 with a 12-1-11 record and it would likely be at the 7-8 position.

Can still make the top 4 given we are basically in the same position this time last year and we forfeited the final game against the Dolphins

Dolphins are the 4th team and do people think they are gonna stay there? Sharks - who knows what’s gonna happen after that 42:0 slaughter at home, Roosters seem to be hot but only 7:5? They have their drug issues with the cheese there, a ticking time bomb and they peaked way too early

Broncos the other team to probably make it without Reynolds, Titans might upset a few more to hinder their chances. If we beat the Storm at home we will be only 2 games behind them

3:1:8 is a lot different than 5:1:6, we were 6:6 this time last year

Edit: Just saw the draw, we have the Sharks in our last game, that could be an interesting one

Was that the year they bitched about us making the final and screwed around with the rules afterwards to more favour the top 4 teams? or was that a previous example from years earlier?

I think they first suggested changing it after we upset the Storm in that "PUT THE BALL DOWN SON" 1v8 clash in 2008 and got that amazing "HOLY DOOLY RUBEN WIKI" Roosters home clash the following week. How dare lower ranked teams win and get an advantage because of it! 😅

Dan is fhere any chance of winning the premiership from 5th or 6th or is it top 4 or bust?
The top four fallacy is a function of something that is assumed as true, until someone proves it is not.

Anyone can win this competition from any berth, even eight.

At the moment the top four barrier is like the four minute mile, assumed scientifically impossible for the human body to breach, along with the ten second 100 meters etc.

Someone will win outside the four. That is a fact.

For example, lets say that fate handicaps the Penrith Panthers, they suffer catastrophic injuries, like we are having just now, and because of the bullseye on their backs, they limp into 8th.

Imagine they get their personnel back to full strength in the lead up to their first game of finals footy as the lowest ranked team. Does anyone really believe that they would be out of contention because of having to play one more game in the finals and having no spare lives?

Once you hit the finals, form and ability is everything. And not every finals game is taxing or hard. Look at us Vs Newcastle last year, like a training run.

As everyone knows, in the finals it is game by game, all you have to do is win four games in a row. Not impossible. Not even scary if you bag three in a row....you're only one win away from it all and where you came from on the now past season ladder means nothing.

Truth is nothing is off the table for us. If we go on a sustained run during origin, we will set ourselves up for a potential run at the top 4 like we did last year. Conversely if we go off the boil again and lose the next couple of games, we'll be battling souths and wests for the spoon. Of course there is a third, less extreme case which is we win and lose games in fairly equal proportion, putting us in a bitch fight for the edge of the 8. All three of these scenarios are possible and no one knows with any certainty which one will eventuate.

What is encouraging however is that the defensive grit from last year (and earlier in the season) has returned. My only explanation for the massive regression between rounds 6-10 is that our A players have been playing busted and off the pace during this period. In hindsight, it may have been advisable to have rested them all from the Manly game onward and taken the risk of losing the subsequent games with our depth. Who knows, we may have done better with our depth, based on the last two games.

I'm hoping that after the bye, our A players will be raring to go and we return to the form that had us pegged as premiership contenders not so long ago. Depending on results this weekend and next, we could return to the 8 as early as next week if we can knock off the cows who are quite affected by origin. That sets us up nicely for a couple of blockbuster home games against top sides (Broncs and Melbourne). If we can jag a win against one, or ideally both, during this origin period, then I think we position ourselves well for another tilt towards the top 4 as we round out the season.

Last edited:
Broncos certainly are touted one of the favorites to win even if they finish outside the top 4, they get Reynolds back for the playoffs

IMO if we take the momentum and lessons learnt, apply them expertly and go on run like last year, we will naturally finish in the top 4 and have the team, youth and experience to win it, if we only win half the games to limp into the 7/8th position then we can hope for a hail mary but realistically not gonna go deep at all

Seen a few comments about how the draw against Manly is holding us back.

That is not the right way to view a one point differential.

If you win enough games that one point goes from being a hindrance to being the one point that lands you in the top four at seasons end over a good club like Manly.

The onus is on us to make that one point a point of difference in our favor.

Sharks starting to slide now
They do that, then have a resurgence mid to late season. Last year we killed them off when they were looking to rise.
I rate the Sharks, they are very similar to us under Webster, a solid outfit, with decent players, decent coaching systems, prone to form slumps but also capable of turning a slump around.

Seen a few comments about how the draw against Manly is holding us back.

That is not the right way to view a one point differential.

If you win enough games that one point goes from being a hindrance to being the one point that lands you in the top four at seasons end over a good club like Manly.

The onus is on us to make that one point a point of difference in our favor.

Can look at it as 5:7 with a +1000 point differential or 6:6 with a -1000 point differential lol, this should be a psychology test on how people perceive it

Can look at it as 5:7 with a +1000 point differential or 6:6 with a -1000 point differential lol, this should be a psychology test on how people perceive it
It is really unhelpful that one point and I wish Shaun had nailed the field goal in OT. Put me down in the camp the one point is the same as a loss and will only pay off if we draw another game.

Reactions: CWC
Back