NRL Ladder Predictions 2024

There’s 2 points separating Manly (6th) and Warriors (12th). A win, or loss is a big jump
Manly are sitting in 7th & likely to slip to 8th today if the Roosters win. We could slide to 13th if the Cowboys win. As a result of next weeks byes the Dolphins & Raiders will go up to 18 points, Roosters to 18/16.
It'd be great if the Dragons (vs Tigers), Knights (vs Storm) & Bulldogs (vs Eels) all get beat next weekend but realistically we're still a way off the 8 unless all 3 lose & the Sea Eagles conceded their +39 points differential on us by getting spanked by the Panthers

Manly are sitting in 7th & likely to slip to 8th today if the Roosters win. We could slide to 13th if the Cowboys win. As a result of next weeks byes the Dolphins & Raiders will go up to 18 points, Roosters to 18/16.
It'd be great if the Dragons (vs Tigers), Knights (vs Storm) & Bulldogs (vs Eels) all get beat next weekend but realistically we're still a way off the 8 unless all 3 lose & the Sea Eagles conceded their +39 points differential on us by getting spanked by the Panthers

Haha don't get me started as I love these kinda 'what if' scenarios. It's too early for us to start looking at all of that imo. We just need to keep winning. If we win 4 or our next 5 games I think we'll be in the 8, with a wet sail and 2 byes from the final 9 rounds...

IMG_2648.jpeg

Basically we are 1 game outside the top 8

2 games outside the top 4

3 games from top 2, 4 games from catching the Sharks for the top spot, we play them in our last game

If we beat the Cows and Storm we might be only 2 games behind the Storm

*Roosters should be on 6 losses, 3 byes in hand

View attachment 7609

Basically we are 1 game outside the top 8

2 games outside the top 4

3 games from top 2, 4 games from catching the Sharks for the top spot, we play them in our last game

If we beat the Cows and Storm we might be only 2 games behind the Storm

*Roosters should be on 6 losses, 3 byes in hand
All very well to say that.
BUT if they also have a win, we havn't gained on them at all.
Easy maths

This is the most unpredictable season ever. No dominant teams for long periods.
The results are crazy.
Injuries to numerous key players.
Top 4 now could all be out of the top 8 by round 20.
Last two weeks we have come back into the picture.
Haven’t even unleashed Sifakula and Halasima yet.
Our depth is insane.
It’s up to Webby now to get his game plan and selections right.

It’s up to Webby now to get his game plan and selections right.
Webby is a beast of a coach and I mean that as a compliment. His decision to give Ford minutes in the middle rotation this past match created much needed momentum although possibly it only happened as we had no Fonua Blake. Either way he was born to be an NRL coach and let's as fans back him and give him our support. (Which is what you are saying).

And people said we were no hope for the top4.

Fix is in boys, this could well be our year...
Penrith and Melbourne are shoe-ins for top 4, let's face it, probably Sharks and Chooks too at full strength in their run home after origin. Then it's the great bottleneck, which has its advantages but I don't think it helps us when our direct competitors like dragons and cows pick up 2 points against guaranteed finals teams like they did today. We need the top dogs to knock off everyone except us.

Last edited:
Penrith and Melbourne are shoe-ins for top 4, let's face it, probably Sharks and Chooks too at full strength in their run home after origin. Then it's the great bottleneck, which has its advantages but I don't think it helps us when our direct competitors like dragons and cows pick up 2 points against guaranteed finals teams like they did today. We need the top dogs to knock off everyone except us.
images (14).jpeg

I am too optimistic but Munster’s groin isn’t exactly helping them and most of their wins are by 4 points or less, one of them a hail mary, and Sharks I am not convinced, could still do a South or Broncos epic slide, and Roosters only 7:6 after they peaked….

Broncos are the other team I think will clinch a top 4 spot tho

I am too optimistic but Munster’s groin isn’t exactly helping them and most of their wins are by 4 points or less, one of them a hail mary, and Sharks I am not convinced, could still do a South or Broncos epic slide, and Roosters only 7:6 after they peaked….

Broncos are the other team I think will clinch a top 4 spot tho
Without Reynolds? Injuries have really opened up the comp this season, we have to start putting wins together now, it's our own fault we are in the position we are in but I reckon we go on a run and grab 5th spot, maybe 4th...

Without Reynolds? Injuries have really opened up the comp this season, we have to start putting wins together now, it's our own fault we are in the position we are in but I reckon we go on a run and grab 5th spot, maybe 4th...

They are virtually tied with Dolphins at 4th with 7:5 and 2:1 after his injury, and Titans are no slouch now so it’s not a big upset for me, behind the Broncos are Raiders with -36 PD, Manly and Roosters both are hot and cold, so I think Broncos have the firepower to win enough games to maintain where they are now which is virtually 4th, also Reynolds MIGHT be back for the last month

Their next game against the Sharks will be interesting, will tell where both teams are and how tough the Sharks really are

They play each other lol

Key thing is we win our games like last year, we can catch them, because we are not 5-6 games behind top 2-4 where we need to win 90-100% of the games to make it that high
Like I said
If the top teams win each week............ how do we catch up to them.
I know they wont win every game but neither will we

Like I said
If the top teams win each week............ how do we catch up to them.
I know they wont win every game but neither will we

IF 😂🤷‍♂️ Pretty hypothetical here

How do they win if we beat them? Sharks, Storm and Dophins?

You expect Dolphins to win each week, or more than us for the rest of the year?

Again the key is us reproducing a big run, the rest will take care of itself, there were people who thought it’s a joke to make it into the top 4 last year as well, I guess some teams won less than us

And yes, if we win half or less of our remaining games we won’t touch the top 4 and struggle to qualify

IF 😂🤷‍♂️ Pretty hypothetical here

How do they win if we beat them? Sharks, Storm and Dophins?

You expect Dolphins to win each week, or more than us for the rest of the year?

Again the key is us reproducing a big run, the rest will take care of itself, there were people who thought it’s a joke to make it into the top 4 last year as well, I guess some teams won less than us

And yes, if we win half or less of our remaining games we won’t touch the top 4 and struggle to qualify

Yeah mate there's a lot of if's this year, but at the end of the day we need to keep winning or it's a total moot point.

If we get back to how we were at the beginning of the year top 4 is a chance.

If we play like we did those 4 games of utter shit the great news is we won't have to worry about whether it's top 4 or top 8, as it will be neither lol.

What I am fairly certain of is that Webby's gunna have us focusing on our game and not worrying about all of these what ifs. We focus on us and I think we're going places at the end of the year

Back