General NSW Cup 2024

2024 Fixtures are out for the NSW Cup side.

Mar 8thFri 5:15pmNewtownGo MediaDouble Header
Mar 17thSun 1:30pmNorthsPukekohe
Mar 23rdSat 4:00pmCanberraSeiffert
Mar 31stSun 3:20pmNewcastleGo MediaDouble Header
Apr 6thSat 2:40pmSouthsAccorTriple Header with u21s
Apr 13thSat 2:40pmBlacktownGo MediaDouble Header
Apr 21stSun 3:00pmSt George IllaCollegians
Apr 27thSat 12:00pmPenrithNorth Harbour
May 5thSun 1:30pmNewcastleMcDonald JonesDouble Header
May 12thSun 12:00pmSydneyNorth Harbour
May 18thSat 3:00pmPenrithNorth Sydney
May 26thSun 3:00pmNorthsNorth Sydney
Jun 2ndSun 5:00pmSydneyWentworth
[bye]
Jun 15thSat 2:40pmWestsLeichhardtShould be on TV. Before Tigers game
Jun 22ndSat 12:00pmSt George IllaNorth Harbour
Jun 29thSat 2:40pmCanberraGo MediaDouble Header
Jul 6thSat 2:40pmCanterburyAccorDouble Header
Jul 13thSat 5:00pmParramattaEric Tweedale
[bye]
Jul 26thFri 5:15pmWestsGo MediaDouble Header
Aug 2ndFri 5:15pmParramattaGo MediaDouble Header
Aug 11thSun 12:00pmSouthsNorth Harbour
Aug 17thSat 4:45pmBlacktown4 Pines Park
Aug 23rdFri 5:15pmCanterburyGo MediaDouble Header
Aug 31stSat TBCNewtownHenson

With Volkman gone who is the frontrunner for NSW Cup #7?
Farr looks like he's a #6/#1/Centre more so than a genuine Halfback. Eiden Ackland & Geronimo Doyle had 1 game each there in 2023. Sefanaia Cowley-Lupo was the main man in SG Ball last season but ended up of the Wing for Auckland later in the year. Luke Hanson has come from Penrith where he was their Jersey Flegg's #6. That leaves just Metcalf/CHT/TMM right? I think CHT will wear the #18 in the NRL side regularly which will mean he won't be a consistent feature in this team.

Who are some other candidates?

Last edited:
With Volkman gone who is the frontrunner for NSW Cup #7?
Farr looks like he's a #6/#1/Centre more so than a genuine Halfback. Eiden Ackland & Geronimo Doyle had 1 game each there in 2023. Sefanaia Cowley-Lupo was the main man in SG Ball last season but ended up of the Wing for Auckland later in the year. Luke Hanson has come from Penrith where he was their Jersey Flegg's #7. That leaves just Metcalf/CHT/TMM right? I think CHT will wear the #18 in the NRL side regularly which will mean he won't be a consistent feature in the side.

Who are some other candidates?
I think it will be Metcalf and Ackland back up. Hopefully somebody presents themselves next campaign. I would go to the market for Weaver.

Trial lineup vs Counties:
Screenshot_20240224-122134_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Such a good team list.
Add in Taine, Kosi, Sifakula, Ali, one of our 4 halves etc and that teams gonna be stacked
Aukusitino too who must be injured?
I'm surprised neither Lani Graham-Taufa or Freedom Vahaakolo aren't around the team after playing well in Fox last year & then in the domestic provincial comp

Last edited:
Not sure if it’s been mentioned already but Luke Hanson looked sharp for the reserves in his limited minutes today. Took on the line well, has a pretty nasty step and has a decent boot on him. Obviously can’t take too much out of a game against a club team but was a tidy performance. Would like to see him replace volkman at 7 with one of TMM, Farr or CHT at 6.

Not sure if it’s been mentioned already but Luke Hanson looked sharp for the reserves in his limited minutes today. Took on the line well, has a pretty nasty step and has a decent boot on him. Obviously can’t take too much out of a game against a club team but was a tidy performance. Would like to see him replace volkman at 7 with one of TMM, Farr or CHT at 6.
I'd like to see Hansen and TMM in the halves. There's going to be some good players missing out come round 1 in this Cup side, crazy to think that even our depth has depth. Exciting times.

Any other thoughts on the cup side today? Who stood out?