Sports Rugby World Cup 2023

The call was right those have been yellow cards for ages.....but the rule is an absolute ass.

If Smith had been able to regather (even if the intention was to knock the ball down) it wouldve been absolutely fine and play on.

This code ridiculously wants to find any excuse to send players off the field.......its absurd that knocking a ball down warrants what potentially can be such a game changing period with players off the park......penalty i could live with but surely only foul play or repeated offences should be the only time u send players from a park?

Apart from that great game of footy i thought.....first time i've been really invested in 80 minutes of Rugby for ages.

Glad the AB's won. Cant stand Foster and i know we lost that invincibility tag a while ago, but i dont like that (particulary) the Northern Hemisphere sensing their more than a chance against the ABs these days......doesnt sit right with me.....and im not even a Rugby head.
Yea I kinda get how it got to that point.

Cynical intentional knock ons suck ass, and black and white rules make it easier, but he was clearly trying to catch it with one hand not knock it down. He knows it's a binning if he doesn't catch it so he fucked up, but it's a stupid scenario.

worse than here??
His hate this side of the world is based on his infamous performance in ‘that’ game but that was 16 years ago now and don’t think he’s been that bad since.
Guess he refs Ireland more then n the 6 nations, they’re convinced he hates them.

The ref dude Barnett , is a lawyer off season with 20 something years on the go, so far so good.

Yea I kinda get how it got to that point.

Cynical intentional knock ons suck ass, and black and white rules make it easier, but he was clearly trying to catch it with one hand not knock it down. He knows it's a binning if he doesn't catch it so he fucked up, but it's a stupid scenario.
Did u see Etzebeths knock down this morning? Absolutely no intention to catch the ball. Clear cynical knockdown.....but because the ball went backwards towards his line its absolutely fine.......like i said....the rules an ass.....get rid of it.

For the record im absloutely fine if defensive players can get a hand to knock a ball down, especially to stop a try. Been in that situation many times on the wing and youve got a 2-3 man overlap coming at you, u do anything u can to try and stop the ball getting outside u......i see it as good defensive play.......most times the ball's going to be knocked forward so the attacking team will get the ball back anyway.......in a game that has a thousand pedantic rulings it could do with one less.

Incidently what a great game this Springbok/France is. 2 absolutely massive forward packs going at it.....very impressive. Discipline probably going to be the key factor in this, altho theres a lot of space behind that French line. If i was South Africa id be keeping up the short box kicks behind with thosefast fucking wingers they have on the chase.

First games I've watched in years, very dull, players asking the ref if they can touch the ball, forwards hanging around catching their breath while the ball sits at the back of the ruck.

And the amount of forward passes and knock ons missed or not called is unbelievable? Serious question, is the knock on rule different in Union?

And a lot are never behind the kicker at kick offs and re-starts.

Living here in the UK, nice to see the northern teams have a sook.

Commentary is terrible, every play is amazing.

But those rugby boys are huge.

Fully expected Wales, Ireland, England and France to win to be an all northern hemisphere final 4.

Surprised to have only England scrape through just!
Nah Im not surprised mate .. their own arrogance let them down, just because they're world no 1 or 2 only a fool would think they're entitled win it.. the ABS, Aussies and Boks know every WC game needs to be played like it's your last.

It isn't a knock on then ...or do I have something wrong?
The point wasnt about it being a knock on or not. More that the intention was never to try and catch the ball but was to knock the ball down to prevent it going to hand,,,,,,,the ridiculous part of the rule being pending on which direction u knock the ball down determimes wether u spend 10 minutes off the field or not.....ludicrous rule imo.

Back