• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Pick Your Team Dolphins vs Warriors - [Round 23, 2024]

NZWarriors.com
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
They're coming 10th. Since Ricky took over they've been 15th, 10th, 2nd, 10th, 10th, 4th, 5th, 10th, 8th, 8th, 10th*. Too early to draw any conclusions on this crop as at the moment they're just maintaining the status quo. Won't know for 2-3 years whether Ricky can push them higher consistently.
Those results look better than ours, or is that frequency bias.

He only really threw Strange and Smithies in the deep end, the other young guys have been introduced drips and drabs over the years.

And Smithies already had over 100 games in Super League so doesn't really count.
Chevy Stewart 3 appearances
Ethan Strange debuted round 24 last year
Schiller 2nd season
Weekes 2nd season
Mariota 2nd season
Mooney 1st proper season

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Maybe read the post next time
What do you mean? Only Strange and Smithies played round 1 who were NRL rookies, as I said Smithies doesn't really count. The rest have been getting introduced over time pretty similarly to our current batch of rookies.. No where near half a dozen rookies getting thrown in at once.

None of the blokes you mentioned were under 20 as well apart from Stewart (who has been dropped) and Strange who has had the best run, but was dropped last week.
Schiller 23
Weekes 22
Mariota 22
Mooney 22

They are a few years ahead of our lot:
Laban 20
Sifakula 20
Halasima 18
Leiataua 21
Maiu'u 21

I do agree the older blokes like Ale and Tuaupiki should be trusted more but I don't think the way Webster is introducing the youngsters to first grade is anything out of the ordinary.

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
What do you mean? Only Strange and Smithies played round 1 who were NRL rookies, as I said Smithies doesn't really count. The rest have been getting introduced over time pretty similarly to our current batch of rookies.. No where near half a dozen rookies getting thrown in at once.
Our "rookies" arent all NRL debutants, some played a game or two last year.

Round 1 Canberra had
Strange
Mariota
Smithies

Weeks - 18th man.

And the point is that Ricky played them. And when the going got tough Ricky doubled down on them.

Round 1 Canberra had
Strange
Mariota
Smithies

Weeks - 18th man.

And the point is that Ricky played them. And when the going got tough Ricky doubled down on them.
The issue for me is that a number of them went well and haven't really been rewarded for it or utilised well. Of course we aren't privy to conversations in the club but on the surface some selections or non selections are a bit baffling.

The issue for me is that a number of them went well and haven't really been rewarded for it or utilised well. Of course we aren't privy to conversations in the club but on the surface some selections or non selections are a bit baffling.
Which ones went well that haven’t been rewarded?

I thought Roache had a blinder and he was picked again until injured.
Zyons cup form has been very average.
Laban had some work ons but has had a taste.

I’m just struggling to think of who is being overlooked that should be there

Yeah youre right top 4 last year to bottom 4 this year is much more desirable...

Perspective
Aren't you the guy who wanks on about straw man arguments

The Raiders finished 8th last year and are likely to finish below that this year SuperCoach.

T

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement

Round 1 Canberra had
Strange
Mariota
Smithies

Weeks - 18th man.

Yeah but they're 1 pt a ahead of us on the table and gone backwards

Weeks was blooded at Manly.
Smithies had experience in super league in a top team
Mariota debuted in 2022.

They weren't replacing seasoned NRL pros & keeping them out of FG

We've debuted
Zyon
Laban
Leka
Ali (had 1 game)
MGT (had 1 game)
Roache (had 1 game got injured)
Taine (hâd 5 games in 23)

We have a more experienced squad with more depth

Last edited:
Aren't you the guy who wanks on about straw man arguments

The Raiders finished 8th last year and are likely to finish below that this year SuperCoach.

T
How is it a strawman my guy? You introduced the topic of table position..

Also using an assumption of a future event as the evidence for your argument is umm… let’s say “weak” 😂

How is it a strawman my guy? You introduced the topic of table position..

Also using an assumption of a future event as the evidence for your argument is umm… let’s say “weak” 😂
You made a future assumption of the Warriors finishing bottom 4... is that "weak"
Can you be more of a hypocrite.

This Raiders have debuted more juniors are showing the dividends is a fallacy, The Warriors have debuted more.
One of your Raiders examples is a ex Super League player with 120 games - that's how poorly thought out this schtick was by you.

You made a future assumption of the Warriors finishing bottom 4... is that "weak"
Can you be more of a hypocrite.

This Raiders have debuted more juniors are showing the dividends is a fallacy, The Warriors have debuted more.
One of your Raiders examples is a ex Super League player with 120 games - that's how poorly thought out this schtick was by you.

No, I said top 4 to bottom 4, nothing about finishing. But I'll retract that as we are bottom 5, sorry. You really have reading comprehension issues. We debuted more rookies round 1, and you're hyperventilating again about Smithies.
Chevy Stewart 3 appearances
Ethan Strange debuted round 24 last year
Schiller 2nd season
Weekes 2nd season
Mariota 2nd season
Mooney 1st proper season

Whose name is not there?

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back