Saturday
Night
19:30

Warriors

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats cause he's playing #6
Yup, CHT is playing 6. So should Lussick come on to the bench or are we expecting Egan to play 80 despite being less effective doing it? And if he gets injured does Jazz cover him or do we have a CHT to hooker and Walker to 6 scenario

Last two games we have had a bench hooker. Can't see any reason why we wouldn't for this game.

Yup, CHT is playing 6. So should Lussick come on to the bench or are we expecting Egan to play 80 despite being less effective doing it? And if he gets injured does Jazz cover him or do we have a CHT to hooker and Walker to 6 scenario

Last two games we have had a bench hooker. Can't see any reason why we wouldn't for this game.

I think he goes to #9 and Walker to #6 when Egan gets his HIA or CNK to #6, DWZ to FB and Ale to wing?

Capewell there is really weird for me, Lussick or Taine is gonna replace someone and it looks like Jazz, so your bench becomes Lussick/Taine, Walker, Ale, Capewell. Lacks a bit of speed or power the last spot.

We were crying for Bunty’s work in the middle and now he is dropped lol

Could have a straight swap of Lussick for Jazz, OR, Taine to 1, Charnz 6 and CHT 14 for Jazz. I’d rather drop Capewell though, lol

I get turned on watching CNK at 6 😂
Going to be interesting. I'm not a fan of Egan playing 80. Tohu has created a bit of a problem coming back. With Walker starting 13 we had a pretty good balance to the bench including hooker cover. We have a bit of versatility with the pack and bench forwards so not to fussed that Capewell is there. Definitely need some cover for Egan though IMO - to cover injury and to spell him for a period, otherwise we are going to be back where we were 4 or 5 games ago with a busted player that has been overplayed.

Why Tohu already look buggered before the game? 😂
1717492948240.jpeg

Do you remember Blocker saying "Adam Fanuia Blacky" by mistake? Lol....This mother fucker thinks he's slick with these slip of the tongue bs....lol. is Kavl blocker?
That inbred hillbilly Cletus summama biscuit punk Block. Says Te Marday Martin then Charnze Nicoll Klokstad without absolute fluency.
A recipe for a heart attack 😂
Perhaps protein shakes and quinoa salad then?

Tohu will bring quality and have less to do after injury. Walker will still play his customary 50-60 minutes and the bench will be utilised. Ford doing a lot of tidy up work through the middle will also assist him

2 things i really like with this team - Marata on an edge and Ford in the middle. Not having edges capable of shortening that defensive line out wide was another reason for our static attack. Ford is a whole hearted player with a big engine but not a natural ball player. Straight up and down in the middle will suit him.

Nice to see Webby despite the pre season plan of moving Marata into the middle, prepared to change things up when things are obviously not working.

There is a lot that could happen, including any late changes etc.

But, as a general response to this, I think we can again take confidence that we have the right man as coach.

For some it was PTSD, for others it was so obvious they couldn't believe others couldn't see it, but the coach copped some very valid criticism throughout that poor run. Frankly, it was all deserved and Webby himself may have had a crisis of confidence - we may never know.

What he's done now though is identify areas that needed fixing and pretty much gone about rectifying it. Things are looking a lot more rosy, the table has tightened significantly - Top 4 is still a stretch but a lot more achievable than it was a few weeks ago.

With our depth winning games, there really is no reason at all that we should be missing the 8 from here.

I can't get excited with this team until they play. I would have gone gangbusters though if MTG played though. Berry is zzzzzz for me.
Does anyone else get the feeling Rocco is a bit of a character or that they like to Razz Rocco or that he has done a few daft things at training to put him on everyone's radar
1) At a press conference after Round 2 I think it was
Reporter "Rocco Berry had a great game"
Tohu Harris openly giggles and smirks
Webster "Yes Rocco is an interesting character for a variety of reasons we won't go into here but yes he played well tonight and is a core member of the starting side".

2) TMM interviewed after win against the Dolphins
Reporter "So TMM you get a few of your guns back after the bye round, you must be looking forward to that"
TMM "Yeah we get SJ, Chanel and of course the man, the legend that he is Rocco Berry."

These are real quotes that I am not inventing.

Does anyone else get the feeling Rocco is a bit of a character or that they like to Razz Rocco or that he has done a few daft things at training to put him on everyone's radar
1) At a press conference after Round 2 I think it was
Reporter "Rocco Berry had a great game"
Tohu Harris openly giggles and smirks
Webster "Yes Rocco is an interesting character for a variety of reasons we won't go into here but yes he played well tonight and is a core member of the starting side".

2) TMM interviewed after win against the Dolphins
Reporter "So TMM you get a few of your guns back after the bye round, you must be looking forward to that"
TMM "Yeah we get SJ, Chanel and of course the man, the legend that he is Rocco Berry."

These are real quotes that I am not inventing.
I suspect he is one of the more popular players from what they have said. You usually do not openly tease someone like this unless you like them. A few of the members have good ties to the club so they maybe able to confirm.

with the bye and half the team having some time before it coupled with cowgirls on a 6 day turn around and origin depleted or backing up we better put a score on !! I really want to see us out compete them on every play for the full 80.

I struggle to believe Webby thinks Egan is an 80 min proposition based on his showings this year. Every tackle he gets up from looks like it'll be his last.

So I fully expect Lussick to come on to the bench. Other option for a spell would be CHT in to 9 for a bit which would then leave Walker at 6 - neither are ideal options.

The question is who drops off. Capewell potentially, and probably should. Not really sure where he fits into the equation.

Lussick
Walker
Ale
Jazz

Walker will split minutes with Tohu and covers outside backs and halves.
Ale and Jazz are the bench props.

That would leave Marata playing 80, or potentially Ford rotates back to backrow to give him a spell.

Either way, I don't expect Egan to be our only hooker and I don't expect the gameday 17 to look like today's 17.

I wouldn't be surprised if Webby is playing a few mind games with Payten. My initial thoughts on the teamlist were that Capewell will start with Niukore to the bench (or Barney to the bench after over a week away from the team in Origin camp), with Lussick coming onto the bench for Ale - leaving a bench of Lussick, the bald brothers and Niukore/Barnett.

On Ford to the middle, I wonder if Webby now sees Ford as playing the same role Bunty has been playing - solid, no frills prop to get through some work and blunt the attack (this less complicated role playing to Ford's strengths) before the bald brothers come on to wreak some havoc. Ford also has some attacking upside as compared with Bunty, and is as hard a worker on D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back