QCB Stadium

Saturday
Night
19:30

Warriors

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a chance for Berry to be a proper centre rather than Webby/SJs gameplan pawn. I'm interested in what he can offer with the ball in hand.
I would say he’s been more of a proper centre, the days of the 2010’s big name centres are coming to a end, I think Berry will fit the mold for what comes next.

Cheap good defenders that act like second rowers that distribute to the finishers on the wing. He has been poorer in defence this year but I think his slump in form comes from inside, that SJ> CNK like hasn’t been working well.

Going need to see these top-line players really lift for this next game if Tohu isn't working I'd be pulling him >Walker back in ..maybe 20min each half .. I hope AFB has a barnstormer to prove he's here for the team ..

much will depend on how the Origin stars shape up for the match...they are a dangerous team

want to see the boy rip in a play as good as last game ....close one 6 under

For some reason I thought he played a lot more prop at the dragons- I actually thought we were buying him to play prop tbh- was surprised when he popped up on an edge.
Maybe he was playing lock when I watched him because he always seemed to be in the middle.
Yeah I reckon he might be a bit better suited there- he’s not really destructive enough either side of the ball for an edge forward imho.
Just chuck him in the middle and let him work his ass off.
He has come off the bench 28 times. Some of those would have been as a bench prop. Rugby league project just records "bench" when you are a 14-17.

2 things i really like with this team - Marata on an edge and Ford in the middle. Not having edges capable of shortening that defensive line out wide was another reason for our static attack. Ford is a whole hearted player with a big engine but not a natural ball player. Straight up and down in the middle will suit him.

Nice to see Webby despite the pre season plan of moving Marata into the middle, prepared to change things up when things are obviously not working.

Like that they havent rushed SJ back in too. Dont think hes doing anyone a service if he's not firing on all cylinders, and i think the last few performances have meant there shouldnt be any dire need as there has been in the past to play him on one leg.

Of the returning players i think Berry has a bit to prove......he's not a tackle busting, powerful centre, more a link man with good distribution and solid defender......but if one of those elements isnt up to scratch you start questioning his value to the team......and this year he's been coming up with a few more 1 on 1 missed tackles than he would like.

None however has more to prove than AFB. His actions were pretty ordinary after that game and gave Webby no choice but to draw a line. If he is truly all in this season im expecting a next level type game for the ages from him.

Capewell there is really weird for me, Lussick or Taine is gonna replace someone and it looks like Jazz, so your bench becomes Lussick/Taine, Walker, Ale, Capewell. Lacks a bit of speed or power the last spot.

We were crying for Bunty’s work in the middle and now he is dropped lol

Could have a straight swap of Lussick for Jazz, OR, Taine to 1, Charnz 6 and CHT 14 for Jazz. I’d rather drop Capewell though, lol

I get turned on watching CNK at 6 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back