Pick Your Team Cowboys v Warriors - Round 14, 2024 PICK YOUR TEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
With these last two wins against all odds, does SJ on $700k start to look a bit less appealing? Been great bang for buck on his previous contract but does the pay bump seem less of a good deal for the Warriors? Not doubting he’s a great player but if injuries mean you’re limited training all the time, is that good for the team? Was happening last season too
Probably another one for a different thread. For me SJ is an elite half, easily a level or two above anyone else we have. Yes his injuries are a concern but then who else could you sign for his money? Add to that TMM has just come off a broken leg so not sure how his body is going to respond to a full season, LM managed 10 or 11 games and has injury issues including coming back from a broken leg, CHT has been out for a year and hasn't shown whether he can string together a run of games. Overall we are getting a good deal I think especially when you consider SJ could sign for more at other clubs. Another way to look at it I guess is we massively underpayed for his performance last year so should have been on my more and dropped to what it is now.

Probably another one for a different thread. For me SJ is an elite half, easily a level or two above anyone else we have. Yes his injuries are a concern but then who else could you sign for his money? Add to that TMM has just come off a broken leg so not sure how his body is going to respond to a full season, LM managed 10 or 11 games and has injury issues including coming back from a broken leg, CHT has been out for a year and hasn't shown whether he can string together a run of games. Overall we are getting a good deal I think especially when you consider SJ could sign for more at other clubs. Another way to look at it I guess is we massively underpayed for his performance last year so should have been on my more and dropped to what it is now.
Sorry just one more. Dylan Brown at five eighth to SJ halfback and TMM backup halfback and Metcalf backup five eighth is a great depth in the halves I reckon, would love for there to be some smoke around that rumour. Could have Walker at starting lock and CHT takes Walkers bench role and Tohu front row

This is the team I think Webby will go with (since hearing of who will be available).

I'm expecting him to go back to experience but with an updated gameplan.
  • More ball for TMM
  • Variation in last play options from mid-field

1. CNK
2. DWZ
3. Berry
4. Pompey
5. Montoya
6. TMM
7. SJ
8. AFB
9. Egan
10. Barnett
11. Ford
12. Capewell
13. Tohu

14. CHT
15. Ale
16. Niukore
17. Jazz

18. Taine
19. Bunty
20. Laban
21. MGT
22. Zyon Maiu’u

This is the team I think Webby will go with (since hearing of who will be available).

I'm expecting him to go back to experience but with an updated gameplan.
  • More ball for TMM
  • Variation in last play options from mid-field

1. CNK
2. DWZ
3. Berry
4. Pompey
5. Montoya
6. TMM
7. SJ
8. AFB
9. Egan
10. Barnett
11. Ford
12. Capewell
13. Tohu

14. CHT
15. Ale
16. Niukore
17. Jazz

18. Taine
19. Bunty
20. Laban
21. MGT
22. Zyon Maiu’u
Where's Dylan Walker? If he's not injured he needs to be in there

Usually I’m all about riding a hot hand- hate changing a winning team but the timing of the bye throws that out.
I expect Webby will be re-setting and will go with the team he intends to move forward with (hopefully into the finals).
Not too fused who he goes with but it’s safe to assume Egan, Sj, Harris and cnk will all come straight back in if fit.
There’s gonna be some guys who are very unlucky to miss out.

Usually I’m all about riding a hot hand- hate changing a winning team but the timing of the bye throws that out.
I expect Webby will be re-setting and will go with the team he intends to move forward with (hopefully into the finals).
Not too fused who he goes with but it’s safe to assume Egan, Sj, Harris and cnk will all come straight back in if fit.
There’s gonna be some guys who are very unlucky to miss out.
On our tv over here we had a show on yesterday that had Tohu and other Warriors and sports heroes giving out pyjamas to kids and I had to laugh when they spoke to Tohu and he said someone has just said to him he might not make the team. Hopefully it’s got all these guys looking over their shoulders

On our tv over here we had a show on yesterday that had Tohu and other Warriors and sports heroes giving out pyjamas to kids and I had to laugh when they spoke to Tohu and he said someone has just said to him he might not make the team. Hopefully it’s got all these guys looking over their shoulders
And that's exactly how it should work.
Unfortunately injuries haven't allowed that

Sorry just one more. Dylan Brown at five eighth to SJ halfback and TMM backup halfback and Metcalf backup five eighth is a great depth in the halves I reckon, would love for there to be some smoke around that rumour. Could have Walker at starting lock and CHT takes Walkers bench role and Tohu front row
People forget that with backups, the player concerned doesn't want to be a back up.

Reactions: CWC
People forget that with backups, the player concerned doesn't want to be a back up.
Injuries have played a part in SJ, TMM and Metcalf this season or the last so would have to be considered. Also with SJ signing one year contracts, you know there’s a spot available soon. All could probably play halfback or five eighth if required at different abilities

Reactions: CWC
1. CNK
2. DWZ
3. Berry
4. Pompey
5. Montoya
6. TMM
7. SJ
8. AFB
9. Egan
10. Barnett
11. Ford
12. Capewell
13. Tohu

14. Walker
15. Ale/Jazz/CHT
16. Niukore
17. Ale/Jazz/CHT

Wouldn't be surprised if Webby goes with Lussick though.

14. Walker
15. Lussick
16. Niukore
17. Jazz

1. CNK
2. DWZ
3. Berry
4. Pompey
5. Montoya
6. TMM
7. SJ
8. AFB
9. Egan
10. Barnett
11. Ford
12. Capewell
13. Tohu

14. Walker
15. Ale/Jazz/CHT
16. Niukore
17. Ale/Jazz/CHT

14. Walker
15. Lussick
16. Niukore
17. Jazz
as long as he doesn't go with a bench that includes CHT and Lussick.

One bench hooker cover/utility and 3 forwards please

I am not sure how much Shaun Johnson is worth and I like all 3 players who are lined up behind him but for me he is the clear front runner because of his long kicking game and his improved team management skills

1. CNK
2. DWZ
3. Berry
4. Pompey
5. Montoya
6. TMM
7. SJ
8. AFB
9. Egan
10. Barnett
11. Ford
12. Capewell
13. Tohu

14. Walker
15. Ale/Jazz/CHT
16. Niukore
17. Ale/Jazz/CHT

14. Walker
15. Lussick
16. Niukore
17. Jazz
I would go with this but replace Tohu with Walker in the starting lineup and use Tohu to cover prop and the back row positions from the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back