Pick Your Team Cowboys v Warriors - Round 14, 2024 PICK YOUR TEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think for the rest of the season we will be beset with injuries and the team will largely pick itself each week. We will be delighted to get RTS back in round 17 as by that stage maybe Pompey and Berry will be out. The only time we seem to have a glut of players is the first three rounds of the season.

A team for 2024

1 RTS -/TT
2 DWZ
3 CNK -/Ali/Berry/MGT
4 Pompey
5 Montoya
*7TMM
*7 SJ
8 A F Blake
9 W Egan -/Roache/Lussick
10 Afoa
11 Barney
12 Ford /- Capewell
13 Tohu

14 CHT
15 Walker -/Jazz
16 Marata/Laban/Zyon Maiu’u/Sifakula
17 Ale

-/ means back ups

Maybe Tohu dropped for Walker and have Jazz or Sifakula as 15

If they have confidence, intensity and proper game plans this team can do more wonders against top dogs in the next 3-4 months

*for the 2 playmakers, you get the point, equality of power lol

Last edited:
This is hard. There will need to be some very hard decisions.

Sadly I can't fit Tohu in. What to do what to do... could possibly start at prop over Bunty.

(bracketed) is in order of preference

1. CNK
2. DWZ
3. Pompey
4. MGT / Berry
5. RTS / Montoya
6. CHT
7. SJ
8. AFB
9. Egan
10. Bunty / Tohu
11. Ford
12. Barnett
13. Walker

14. Taine / TMM
15. Ale / Tohu
16. Niukore
17. Jazz / Laban / Capewell

Reactions: CWC
Yeah he stands up before passing a lot of the time. Even Blocker noticed it and made a comment about how he needs to pass from the ground as it wastes time otherwise.

Also said he needs to stop looking around and pass the ball

Honestly the aussie commentators were quite professional about the game saying the Wahs need to not panic when the Hammer dropped that ball and we went on an exciting counter attack, the kiwi commentators were losing their minds lol

Also said he needs to stop looking around and pass the ball

Honestly the aussie commentators were quite professional about the game saying the Wahs need to not panic when the Hammer dropped that ball and we went on an exciting counter attack, the kiwi commentators were losing their minds lol

Thankfully I am never subjected to whatever coverage comes out of NZ for Warriors games :ROFLMAO:

Fox does a pretty decent job IMO, even the traditional one-eyed guys like Blocker and Brandy will usually call everything fairly objectively these days. Matty Russell does a few of our games and is always very enthusiastic and impartial.

Thankfully I am never subjected to whatever coverage comes out of NZ for Warriors games :ROFLMAO:

Fox does a pretty decent job IMO, even the traditional one-eyed guys like Blocker and Brandy will usually call everything fairly objectively these days. Matty Russell does a few of our games and is always very enthusiastic and impartial.

The other Dan guy was also advocating for us during that horror refereeing period where the CEO spoke out

It was very obvious in yesterday’s game that Lussick’s passes from DH were a lot of the time shite.

He is not in my team even with Roache sidelined

That is why I'm pushing Taine at 14.

The very easiest thing to do is put CHT at 14 but he looks so good at 6 that he has to come into the conversation there.

you are a lucky man. It was such a pleasant surprise to have the fox commentators on this week. The game, for me anyway, was so much more enjoyable. I watched a bit of the replay with the NZ guys and had to turn off the sound. I hope we get the option here every week now but I fear it may have just been a one off

all their origin guys will play big minutes, its not like barney as 19th man or whatever.

i'd almost be more worried if traitor todd stood them all down and challenged his backups to get hyped and do what we just did, rather than roll out a bunch of tired stars.

Im glad someone else sees it. I could live with TMM being left out for Taine at 14 at this stage.
Yeah, CHT is the 6 we were waiting for after CNK showed the way ... weird turn of events that ... he offers a genuine alternative long kicking game, seems to be running better than last time round, and can set up his outsides ... it's the strong running which is the most important, the other skills set him apart ... TMM is more a 7, with a good short kicking game... said way up the top that I'd like to see him as a 14 with SJ our premier 7 ... but we also need the speed from lock that Walker provides

Pretty good position to be in now ... 2 weeks to sort these options out with most coming back available out of the injury list

I would like to see some of the players who are currently out with injury earn their spots back in reserve grade if they're good enough.

Johnson running the plays hasn't worked for most of the season. Why rush him back?
RTS doesn't really have a lock on any position. A better player will need to be stood down to fit him in. Not necessarily a player with better skills but a better player for the team. CNK is the best fullback for how we play. I like how hard Montoya works. Pompey is a better centre. So was the newcomer that took Berry's spot. So what do we do with him? Persevere? Play him in reserves? Sell him back to the Roosters and give some of our younger guys an upgrade?
Tohu needs a break. As does Egan. We are going to lose both of them for good if we're not careful. A fit Tohu Harris is still a top player. Wayde Egan is going to wind up like Te Maire Martin and be out of the game for a long time with a few more head knocks. Which is why I wouldn't put TMM in as hooker cover too.
Berry we have persevered with. We have better centres.
Capewell is good but not hugely better than our other second rowers

I know that I'm dreaming and that it will be business as usual when our expensive players are fit. But if I was picking the team I would put CNK at Fullback with DWZ back on his wing.
I'd bring AFB back (if he's behaving) and let the rest of last weeks team carry on with some careful management
And then rotate some of the injured players back in as the current ones fatigue or get injured. I don't think that any player deserves to play first grade just because of their reputation or what they cost
I disagree that Charnze should switch back to fullback displacing Dalin (admittedly this won't happen) but I still want to see Chanze play right centre and maybe Berry on the wing (until Roger returns Rd 17). This would give greater strike power on the right side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back