Pick Your Team Cowboys v Warriors - Round 14, 2024 PICK YOUR TEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if it breaks because you mess with it? Equally valid question.

The team that played tonight has beaten two top teams in the league, in a row. They look in sync.

Our star power team shat the bed to lower and mid teams in the four weeks before.

If changes are made, I hope Webby treads lightly.

This is, of course, my completely uneducated, couch coach perspective.
Knowing Webby's somewhat conservative approach, he will bring back available players into their usual positions.

1.CNK
2.DWZ
3.Berry
4.Pompey
5.Montoya
6.TMM
7.SJ
8.AFB
9.Egan
10.Tohu
11.Ford
12.Barnett
13.Walker

14.CHT
15.Jazz
16.Niukore
17.Capewell

18.Bunty
19.Ale
20.Laban
I'm guessing that's what will be named , but the numbers for the forwards may be all mixed up. Ford played a lot of prop last night and looked good so?
And hard not to pick bunty, but jazz has been huge too.
Love to see TMM XHT Walker combo get another game or two..

I’d have Ale over Tohu or Laban, he’s a form prop right now
Team selected on available players but I would have Dalin at FB (don't change a MOM), Chanze at right centre, Berry on right wing, SJ 7 and TM 6, Pompey left centre and Montoya left wing.
Chanel on the bench (for versatility).

Reactions: CWC
Would be fun to discuss where to put RTS

MGT looked like CNK lol, maybe that’s the position for Charnz? Roger 1 and Taine at the meantime?

TMM has to be “7” on the left edge, he and SJ needs to swap sides from time to time to confuse the defense. CHT would be back up or if TMM gets overwhelmed by SJ again.

Marata makes a huge difference, was he playing on the edge or middle? Hope his body is ready to go for half a season remaining

Coincidence when we start Afoa we play our peak footy?
We cannot decide until Roger is available but I thought he could play right wing outside Chanze (with Dalin at FB). Probably won't ever happen but maybe worth a thought?

1716775101952.png

Put whoever is available and best suited for the game. Injuries and form etc.

As a 6 or a 7 what technically are the role differences? With an informed answer I could name a less ignorantly chosen team.

Whichever returning players are named that haven't been part of these two great wins, I hope they see what some energy and enthusiasm brings to the table, and make sure they bring that in kind.

Cos we hadn't really seen that since the Rabbitohs win (aside from little moments here and there).

You plod, you no play.

I'm guessing that's what will be named , but the numbers for the forwards may be all mixed up. Ford played a lot of prop last night and looked good so?
And hard not to pick bunty, but jazz has been huge too.
Love to see TMM XHT Walker combo get another game or two..
Can't believe posters are leaving Jazz out of the 17. Both stints off the bench impressive (and maybe longer than previous). His presence on the field gave me renewed confidence that we would win and maybe this applied to the team as well!

Put whoever is available and best suited for the game. Injuries and form etc.

As a 6 or a 7 what technically are the role differences? With an informed answer I could name a less ignorantly chosen team.
A 7 tends to run the team, call the moves, kicks on the fifth tackle etc while a 6 has a more roving commission and plays what he sees in front of him. A prime example is the Panthers where Cleary is at 7 while Leulai plays at 6. Not having a recognised 7 played into our hands.

A 7 tends to run the team, call the moves, kicks on the fifth tackle etc while a 6 has a more roving commission and plays what he sees in front of him. A prime example is the Panthers where Cleary is at 7 while Leulai plays at 6. Not having a recognised 7 played into our hands.
Agreed & TMM has shown he is much better suited to 7.

What do you guys think of Manly's combo of Captain Giraffe and Brooks who's also a 7 at the Tigers? Genuine question

I reserve the right to change this next week. Also going on RTS being out till round 17 according to nrl.com. This is the team I think webby will go for, not necessarily the one I want:
1. Taine
2. DWZ
3. CNK
4. Pompey
5. Montoya
6. TMM
7. SJ
8. AFB
9. Egan
10. Barney
11. Capewell
12. Ford
13. Tohu
14. Bunty
15. Jazz
16. Marata
17. CHT

Walker is Jazz.
No one is the same as Jazz. He is one of a kind!

What do you guys think of Manly's combo of Captain Giraffe and Brooks who's also a 7 at the Tigers? Genuine question
Cherry Evans is a 7 while Brooks is a 6. Brooks seems to have taken over a greater role as a 7 in calling the shots, kicking as well as playing off the cuff football which makes Manly a difficult side to beat.
Maybe we could be a better side if we followed their example.

Oh I hadn't clicked until that last post. RTS isn't back until Round 17 at earliest. Plenty of water and games to flow under the bridge before even conceptually putting him in the line up. CNK will go back to full back and Berry to Centre for Round 14.

The only contention for next game is SJ's return. I like the left field idea of SJ to 6 and TMM to stay 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back