Sports Auckland 2024 A-League Team

Insane prices! And they don’t even mention giving free merch with that membership. Are there a lot more games in an A league season?
Will apparently be 12 games at MSS next season. Unsure if finals games are included in the membership or not

NZWarriors.com
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Really love the club honouring Aucklands rich medieval history with that name :rolleyes:. Surely they could have come up with something more apt like the Volcanoes or JAFAs or Traffic Jams.

I feel for them. They will have a great honeymoon period with fans but if they don't measure up they will be another team to fall by the wayside as fans abandon them in droves. New Zealanders, and Aucklanders in particular, don't like losers except for the Warriors who can thank a hardcore league fan base and the Blues who are backed by a cashed up organisation and sponsors. Really hope they pull it off or the investors will go the way of Tainui when they owned the Warriors and were haemorrhaging money left and right...

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
It was amazing to see the crowd in unison at Eden Park yesterday during the 80th minute. Not sure how the new Auckland franchise is going to match that. Pants off maybe?

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
What’s the salary cap like in the A-League? I would have to imagine it is something like the Super League where they two slots for marquee players who can make a (relative) tonne of money that doesn’t count against the cap?

I ask wondering if they could go crazy and buy Chris Wood, then maybe send him off the Bournemouth if he wants to go back to the EPL after a season here.. what’s the use in having the billionaire owner if you can’t splash some big time cash right lol

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Bitta drama going on- Alex Paulsen, was the Phoenix' young gun goal keeper (Won Goalkeeper of the Year, Young Footballer of the Year, Fans Player of the Year last season) was bought by AFC Bournemouth for $4M this off season.

Bournemouth is owned by Bill Foley, and now Paulsen has been loaned to the Black Knights..

I'm really not a football fan, I don't pay much attention to it, but my jaw actually dropped when I saw the news lol. I couldn't imagine the reaction of a die-hard

Screenshot 2024-08-09 at 11.17.33 AM.pngScreenshot 2024-08-09 at 11.12.51 AM.png

Last edited:
Bitta drama going on- Alex Paulsen, was the Phoenix' young gun goal keeper (Won Goalkeeper of the Year, Young Footballer of the Year, Fans Player of the Year last season) was bought by AFC Bournemouth for $4M this off season.

Bournemouth is owned by Bill Foley, and now Paulsen has been loaned to the Black Knights..

I'm really not a football fan, I don't pay much attention to it, but my jaw actually dropped when I saw the news lol. I couldn't imagine the reaction of a die-hard

View attachment 8504View attachment 8503
I thought this might happen. Going to be interesting to see how this plays out.

View attachment 8504View attachment 8503
Phoenix knew exactly who they were selling to. They saw the $4m offer and said yes please.

Every club in the League (Phoenix included) have agreed to relax the Caceres rule, meaning this exact scenario is now possible.

Domes interview yesterday came across as if he was fully aware and even seems pleased this is going to add to the derby (spicy derby = possible sell out in November. Sell out = funds the club for a year)

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Congrats to Auckland FC for their 2-0 victory over Brisbane in their debut

Mt Smart looked like a real good vibe. The weather was brilliant. Crowd was humming. This is the way.

Why do the warriors have to play on a cold miserable fri/sat night????? Could learn a thing or two about what Auckland FC have done. Save on the electricity bill.

Congrats to Auckland FC for their 2-0 victory over Brisbane in their debut

Mt Smart looked like a real good vibe. The weather was brilliant. Crowd was humming. This is the way.

Why do the warriors have to play on a cold miserable fri/sat night????? Could learn a thing or two about what Auckland FC have done. Save on the electricity bill.
I rarely watch soccer but caught this game. Looked like nerves got the better of them the first 20 mins or so but after that they played a good attacking brand