• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.
webster.png

Staff Andrew Webster

Coach Grade
  1. NRL Head Coach
Date of Birth
Jan 17, 1982
Birth Location
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Nationality
  1. 🇦🇺 Australia
Nickname
Webby
Warriors Debut Date
Mar 3, 2023
Warriors Debut Details
March 3 2023, Round 1 vs Newcastle Knights at SKY Stadium, Wellington, New Zealand
Warriors Years Active
  1. 2015
  2. 2016
  3. 2023
  4. 2024
Signed From
Penrith Panthers (Assistant Coach)
Status
Active
Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Webster_(rugby_league)
Rugby League Project
https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/coaches/andrew-webster/summary.html
I wouldn’t mind someone like Kearney coming back as defense coach, and a consultant to burst the bubble of echo chamber

Webby is showing he is learning not to play busted players and naming brain explosion benches in the second half of the season, we’re scoring a lot of points, we just need someone to sort out the D and have a clutch kicker
Um,er,ah….stutter stutter stutter
Yeah. No thanks!

NZWarriors.com
Expect for a few bench selections, I don’t think Webby has done much wrong and he’s obviously got a system he’s using.

We overachieved last year and MAY have lived off that earlier in pre-season/first few rounds, but our injury toll
Has been horrendous. The reason you don’t hear about it in Aust is because the Warriors are off the radar. Besides the long lay offs, Egan, CNK & Tohu were clearly playing injured but couldn’t get time off due to a number of longer term injuries. I’m not making excuses, but this would impact how he was going to rest the team and manage fatigue. Also, we have 2 players out with origin, which isn’t much, but that had to be managed too.

There will be a lot of planning in the off season and a new reset from November.

I would love him to have Brad Arthur.

BA by all account will be named head coach of the Western Bears.

But I have been saying for a while webby might need a coaching director.

I want him to be given time though. He strikes me as someone that can learn from his mistakes - hopefully this season counts for something.

Maybe he needs his brother to come in, someone that can properly challenge him

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
How much time will you give him, surely if he has another couple of bad seasons we may need a rethink?
He's shown what he can do he won the Daly M with a average nrl team.
So the coach is not the issue, that's the problem that's plagued this team for year's how many different coaches do you want here?
Ivan had his bad seasons and fans were calling for his head,
Don't you think it's better to build this team from the ground up? The pathways are being built the youngsters aren't being thrown to the wolves in 1st grade only to develop second year syndrome, all we need is a bit more recruitment and strength and conditioning/defense and we will be fine.

Last edited:
So the coach is not the issue, that's the problem that's plagued this team for year's how many different coaches do you want here?
Don't you think it's better to build this team from the ground up? The pathways are being built the youngsters aren't being thrown to the wolves in 1st grade only to develop second year syndrome, all we need is a bit more recruitment and strength and conditioning/defense and we will be fine.
Wise words mate.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Great debut year. Deserved coach of the year.
This year he thought it a great idea to bring in more experience this year with RTS and Capewell.
Maybe because he knew that CNK, Harris, Egan, DWZ and SJ were on borrowed time.
Maybe he knew that several other players peaked in 2023 and would slide in 2024 and when he has to cull these players he still has some old heads in the squad.
The AFB leaving obviously screwed things up a bit.
So he is planning ahead.
Hopefully learns from the mid season wins when we barely had 17 to name and played such random and unstructured league that worked.

Another wise post
Going into my positive vibes thread!!

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
So if we end up running say 13th next year then the following year we get say 10th you would be happy with that? I won’t be, and I’m pretty sure the fans are getting sick of this mediocrity. And ffs don’t let Stacey anywhere near the side.

So if we end up running say 13th next year then the following year we get say 10th you would be happy with that? I won’t be, and I’m pretty sure the fans are getting sick of this mediocrity. And ffs don’t let Stacey anywhere near the side.
Stacey.......I've been saying that all season.
Where are the coach skills in him.
A job for the boys

I dont think any one would be happy with that, but we still have to remember the club was set back way more then any other club during covid, we need the most rebuilding and our other grades are doing well, the first grade at the moment is basically still the same team that 3 years ago was running almost last. The other clubs like the bulldogs and even the tigers have made massive overhauls in the player market.

They played overs last year, and this year probably on the cusp of staying in the 8 with so many close loses even with injuries and all the drama at the club.

Altho disappointing this year there are signs of life and I think the issue is more from the players then the coach

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back