Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Nationality
  1. 🇦🇺 Australia
Nickname
Webby
Warriors Debut Date
Mar 3, 2023
Warriors Debut Details
March 3 2023, Round 1 vs Newcastle Knights at SKY Stadium, Wellington, New Zealand
Warriors Years Active
  1. 2015
  2. 2016
  3. 2023
  4. 2024
Signed From
Penrith Panthers (Assistant Coach)
Status
Active
Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Webster_(rugby_league)
Rugby League Project
https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/coaches/andrew-webster/summary.html
Whether it was him, cappy, alpha, tracksuit cam (probably all of the above) they decided to go all in for a grand final and spend the money available on two aging players in capewell and RTS.

To go along with Johnson and Tohu and they’ve just gotten too old for the week to week grind.

Ironic if they’d just kept Curran and played another center they wouldn’t be any worse off at all, but if SJ and Tohu are going to be this beaten down a GF wasn’t happening anyway.

Shit happens, still pleased to have him in charge to reset the roster a bit, can still make the 8, but probably looking at first round and out.

Yeah Webster's biggest test is now.

First one was galvanising a group of players under his leadership last year - which he did well. Though that was done via the touchy feely, we're all mates let's band together approach. And it worked for a time. This year is different though. Senior players are way off the pace. His challenge now is how he deals with those hard conversations.

If he doesn't address this, it will be the end of him. We know once the rot has set in that players are almost always incapable of changing things themselves. There's a long list of sacked coaches who have fallen victim to it. The most recent being Brad Arthur. He will be on the same pile if he doesn't have a long hard and honest look at his roster.

Yep, he’s made some mistakes but it’s time to held these guys accountable, (just like he did for AFB).. You don’t change a winning team. Those boys who played the Panthers and the Dolphins deserved to start against the Storm. I don’t believe their season is over yet, but SJ & RTS could do with some time in cup, gaining confidence and stamina. They don’t look game fit. Walker should never been moved to centre (Storm) or second row. He is too vital to the flow and energy of this team. Confidence has gone, and with it resilience.

Yip, I think we forget that he's a second year head coach. Give him time and he'll be good.

The big issue for me is that our 'bigger name' players are quite old - in sporting circles. Note that, four out of the five named below are our most injured/less effected players.

SJ - 33 years old
Tohu - 32 years old - knees of an 80 year old.
RTS - 31 years old.
Capewell and Barnett - 30 years old.

I get that smarts come with experience, but imo you can't afford to have a contingent of those guys not being supported by young and explosive players.
I think with the speeding up of the game, bigger and older players struggle to make an impact. It’s a smaller, younger man’s game now, more so than even 3 years ago.

And to many older players has focused the issue. That’s our 2024 Warriors.

As much as it hurts to be breaking unwanted records, in a way that result is probably going to do more good than a loss of say 38-20. It will be backs to the wall stuff now, it will surely result in more gametime for a couple of our promising up and comers and they've got 10 more rounds to salvage some pride.

Sorry to say but he’s been injured so many times … I don’t why but I noticed his service was not as fast and crisp as I expected when I was watching at MSS. I had a very high regard for him a few seasons ago but honestly feel he’s digressed significantly…..

Age is just a number. Look at Tohu, he walks like my dad who’s nearly 80….

Roache is on crutches then it’s Lussick, and passing to SJ on a beaten pack is gonna make anyone old lol

Webby and Tohu were both looking waaaay too comfortable during the presser…. 66 bloody points scored against your team and it’s just another day in the office… 🤷🏻‍♂️
I'd noped out pretty early on (actually once it was 0-24) on the TV so didn't see anything after that.
Were there hugs and jokes after the game like we saw in the aftermath of the 6-62 Penrith thumping?

SJ & RTS could do with some time in cup, gaining confidence and stamina.
I think RTS would accept a game or two in cup. SJ may just throw too big a hissy fit. Or try to make it too much about him again.
Edit: We were good last year when RTS wasn't here. Is he the Bad Attitude, which when you add that maybe TH and SJ have gone on one season two long, is turning things bad?

Last edited:
Yip, I think we forget that he's a second year head coach. Give him time and he'll be good.

The big issue for me is that our 'bigger name' players are quite old - in sporting circles. Note that, four out of the five named below are our most injured/less effected players.

SJ - 33 years old
Tohu - 32 years old - knees of an 80 year old.
RTS - 31 years old.
Capewell and Barnett - 30 years old.

I get that smarts come with experience, but imo you can't afford to have a contingent of those guys not being supported by young and explosive players.
If some of the coaches pets are still with us next year. This could be the lineup for 2025

CNK 29
Montoya 29
RTS 31
Berry 23
DWZ 29
TMM 29
SJ 34
JFH 29
Egan 28(March 2025)
Barnett 31 (April 2025)
Nuikore 28(July 2025)
Ford 27