Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Nationality
  1. 🇦🇺 Australia
Nickname
Webby
Warriors Debut Date
Mar 3, 2023
Warriors Debut Details
March 3 2023, Round 1 vs Newcastle Knights at SKY Stadium, Wellington, New Zealand
Warriors Years Active
  1. 2015
  2. 2016
  3. 2023
  4. 2024
Signed From
Penrith Panthers (Assistant Coach)
Status
Active
Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Webster_(rugby_league)
Rugby League Project
https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/coaches/andrew-webster/summary.html
The annoying part is he had the golden opportunity to just keep playing players that were performing instead of shuffling around to get the injured fellas back.
Why cover for SJ in the presser.
If he had a hammy problem, then he or SJ should of come off.
We had Chanel on the bench. But no SJ was to proud to say "Hey take me off Im buggered"

The morning after the night before, feeling anxious.
"In Webby we trust 'no longer!
There has to be an accountability. This was no ordinary setback this was a thorough dismantling of the legend.
Structurally there's a sequence of failures which compounded to the worst performance by the Warriors.
I'm all ears and eyes at the clubs reaction because however much Webster played it down at the presser that won't wash.
There's obviously dissention in the ranks and it needs stemmed quick. League a gladitorial contest and weakness is pounced upon. It not a game for the wary veterans.
There's needing a few egos cracked.
Team selections have been weird for awhile in the bench. AFB is a problem, as is shoehorning players into unfamiliar roles. Errors and penalties come from uncertainty and poor discipline.
The spine hasn't been stable all season nor has centre or wings.
Time for the mother of all weeks and see who blinks first.

I don't think his use of Walker in the second row, Kosi on the wing, or the bench forwards getting 10 minutes less than some would like was reason for losing by 60 points to the Titans.

Something was severely off yesterday. Attitude and effort was completely gone, there must be something going on the sheds we don't know about. Is that Webbys fault? We don't know the issue there, but I personally don't think Webby is the cause, more likely players vs players IMO. Webster identified AFB earlier and sat him out, I don't know why he wouldn't do the same with others if disharmony is there.

I'm backing Webster to sort it out - this is the biggest week in his coaching career.

I don't think his use of Walker in the second row, Kosi on the wing, or the bench forwards getting 10 minutes less than some would like was reason for losing by 60 points to the Titans.

Something was severely off yesterday. Attitude and effort was completely gone, there must be something going on the sheds we don't know about. Is that Webbys fault? We don't know the issue there, but I personally don't think Webby is the cause, more likely players vs players IMO. Webster identified AFB earlier and sat him out, I don't know why he wouldn't do the same with others if disharmony is there.

I'm backing Webster to sort it out - this is the biggest week in his coaching career.
I did notice virtually zero connection between SJ and Tmm.
Is there a split because of this.

Yet posters were still saying he was defending SJ or he’s gonna pick the same players, he didn’t go stern like Benji Marshall the other day

Bennett 74yrs head coach 37yrs
Bellamy 64yrs head coach 21yrs
Webby 42yrs head coach 1.5yrs
Just saying...

Last edited:
Warriors fans always looking for miracles, the quick fix, but hey we're the ones with the most loyalty, staying power, loyalty right?
Gimme a break! Everyone needs to get off their pseudo supercoach high horse and give the man a chance.
It won't happen overnight but hey, we're the patient ones (or so we say) waiting for a premiership etc etc.
Jeez.

Warriors fans always looking for miracles, the quick fix, but hey we're the ones with the most loyalty, staying power, loyalty right?
Gimme a break! Everyone needs to get off their pseudo supercoach high horse and give the man a chance.
It won't happen overnight but hey, we're the patient ones (or so we say) waiting for a premiership etc etc.
Jeez.
You’re right - but defending the impatience of some fans for a second, since the Cleary days it’s been 13 years of the same shit.

New coach, star recruits, new game plan, new long term vision for the club, yadda yadda yadda.

Same results aside from 2018 and 2023.

Last season was a culmination of a lot of things - finally having the team back home for a full year, new branding and game day vibes, the club improved their social media marketing and branding, and we were winning behind a new coach who seemed to come in and turn things around from the post-SK/Brown years overnight.

One game away from the GF. Selling out games, “up the wahs” movement, etc.

But this season has been a dud so far. Up and down performances, last years hero’s now this years villians, etc.

The feeling after the titans game just reminds us of those struggling years - things were supposed to be on the up but, once again after feeling the highs of 2023 it feels we’ve regressed back to the mean.

And while I still believe in Webby, and the long term vision for the club moving forward, it’s just a shame that we’ve regressed as we have this year. Especially with the table being as close as it is, we just had to build upon last year and we SHOULD be on top as comp favourites right now.

But instead it’s much of the same. Hopefully just a bump on this new road we’re on but the feelings bring back trauma of all the dud years we’ve become accustomed too.

We have a lot of young talent that we should be looking towards. Love the SJs and Tohus, love RTS but something isnt working here. The game is faster and we’re playing a step behind.

That 3 game win streak showed how we should be playing. But can we play that style with the aging incumbents?

Webby needs to make the tough calls now. The club and the nation are behind him.

Last edited:
You’re right - but defending the impatience of some fans for a second, since the Cleary days it’s been 13 years of the same shit.

New coach, star recruits, new game plan, new long term vision for the club, yadda yadda yadda.

Last season was a culmination of a lot of things - finally having the team back home for a full year, new branding and game day vibes, the club improved their social media marketing and branding, and we were winning behind a new coach who seemed to come in and turn things around from the post-SK/Brown years overnight.

But this season has been a dud so far. Up and down performances, last years hero’s now this years villians, etc.

The feeling after the titans game just reminds us of those struggling years - things were supposed to be on the up but, once again after feeling the highs of 2023 it feels we’ve regressed back to the mean.

And while I still believe in Webby, and the long term vision for the club moving forward, it’s just a shame that we’ve regressed as we have this year. Especially with the table being as close as it is, we just had to build upon last year and we SHOULD be on top as comp favourites right now.

But instead it’s much of the same. Hopefully just a bump on this new road we’re on but the feelings bring back trauma of all the dud years we’ve become accustomed too.

We have a lot of young talent that we should be looking towards. Love the SJs and Tohus, love RTS but something is working here. The game is faster and we’re playing a step behind.

That 3 game win streak showed how we should be playing. But can we play that style with the aging incumbents?

Webby needs to make the tough calls now. The club and the nation are behind him.
Yeah, I get it. Last year raised our hopes high but reality is it won't happen overnight.
Building a winning culture doesn't happen overnight and warriors fans and critics have ptsd.

Jeez.
Why can't we? We buy the merchandise, we buy the tickets to games. Why can't we be upset when our club loses by 60 points. Let that sink in 60 points to the bottom side missing some of their best players. Why can't we say something when they serve up that shit to their fans?

We have a lot of young talent that we should be looking towards. Love the SJs and Tohus, love RTS but something is working here. The game is faster and we’re playing a step behind.

Good sensible post. But after Saturday's performance, or lack thereof, do you really think he has the nature to let him do what we see that needs doing. imo Webby is having trouble in finding his feet with our motley lot Could be he has pressure from HO to keep the old boys on the field regardless. However right now it's his team & his reputation so we do hope he loses the nice guy side for a while & starts to kick backsides. Then I'll be happy to see him smiling again We might even be smiling too.

Jeez.
I get the frustrations. But changing doesn't neccessarily make it better either. Dropping Montoya for Kosi for example.

It does appear that there are a couple of easy tweaks that would make a difference to the team though, based on what we saw during the 3 game winning run versus what we saw before and after. That would be a quick fix that would make us more competitive in my opinion. But rushing in young players for the sake of it or expecting a culture shift to bed in overnight isn't right either.

I get the frustrations. But changing doesn't neccessarily make it better either. Dropping Montoya for Kosi for example.

It does appear that there are a couple of easy tweaks that would make a difference to the team though, based on what we saw during the 3 game winning run versus what we saw before and after. That would be a quick fix that would make us more competitive in my opinion. But rushing in young players for the sake of it or expecting a culture shift to bed in overnight isn't right either.
For my part I dont expect a miracle change overnight .
I want an injection of youth to bring some speed energy enthusiasm .All of which is lacking now.
Obviously will take time to settle in but Saturday was a fuckin disgrace & needs to be addressed.
I am happy to wait for through settling in period but accepting the Status Quo is not an option.

To be fair if some Wahs member pays for their kids to be at the game to witness that, they deserve to be overreacting afterwards

1719198199619.png

PS I was a German supporter at the time so didn't have to go through what the kid went through in 2014 lol

I did notice virtually zero connection between SJ and Tmm.
Is there a split because of this.
I think it’s Sj unfortunately, surely he posts something on insta saying up the boys or something after our awesome 3 game win streak without him. But nothing, he’s always looking angry on field this year and Tohu always looks tired and depressed, weighs the team down

Last edited:
Back