New Zealand Warriors
Rep Honours
  1. NZ
  2. Tonga
Awards/Honours
  1. Warriors Captain
Status
Active
I guess I'd like to know the full story (not that it will probably ever come out) before making a harsh judgement on the guy. Could be family issues noting his parents health scares recently
The thing is though, that Andrew Webster is such a empathetic and level headed guy.

So before we all go around finding loop holes for Addin to get off his responsibilities, I can honestly say I would have killed for a manager like Webster in my career and would have felt very comfortable approaching the guy and asking mate I cannot do the dressing room etc, I need go....I guarantee you Webster would have said take care, do what you have to do....he is just that kind of human and you can see it every time he has been in front of us on telly.

Yes people are different off camera, but we have seen a lot of Webster, and we have seen his nature when he is under serious pressure and is obviously in distress....at those times, people give themselves away a little, Webster has not had a single incident of showing cracks in his personality, of appearing nasty.

Addins is bloody lucky to have worked for him.

Be interesting if he is released. I cant imagine any club being able to sign him without having to cut a couple of players, and certainly not the sharks. It could absolutely derail their season if they picked him up and had to stuff with their roster to do so.

Pretty disappointing, especially for the young players in the squad. Would be interesting to know how much salary cap the Sharts have left and whether it aligns with how much AFB will get for the remainder of the season.

If it comes to AFB wanting to leave, then it should be on Warriors terms. He wants to be in Sydney so player loan/swap him to Souths for the rest of the season 😂

Not crucifying, merely burning at the stake so far.
With petrol at today's prices!? Surely four or so nails and two pieces of wood would be better? You would have to be careful about which wood, though.

Is the suspension pre-planning on the Warriors part ie "we know if we let this go, he'll get worse, so that's give him his 'we know you're going to be a bigger twat' suspension now." In other words, if it was, say, Ali who did this, would the club simply fine him and give him an earnest, caring, 'you're a naughty boy' Ward Cleaver speech.
Which might be worse, of course.

Last edited:
Have you seen The Wanderers movie? We are the Wongs. And you don't fuck with the wongs.
Haha, funny it is one of those rainy day movies I have never watched because I am a card holding cult fan of the movie Warriors and did not want to see any imitations.

The Irony is that of all the seventeen NRL teams, the staff who take a Warriors contract know more than any other job that the Fans will take shit from them and accept abuse by their players.

If Warriors fans were anything like this image then the team would have spent approaching twenty years playing in front of five hundred people on a good day in mid winter in back water industrial shit stomping Penrose.

The Warriors fans are the most forgiving and loyal domestic violence abuse victims of the NRL.

"he will get better, he will change, Jake loves me, he is kind to me six days a week.....sometimes Jake is the loveliest guy in the whole hood and wins an upset for me.....

The club has been a cuddle the baby in the past to a number of players and been let down so if he is in this group and spat the dummy good on Webster for showing us we are here to win a premiership it's not a bloody ticket to a resort.
Webby's been laying down the law lately, dropping Monty and Tohu, now this. There's a hardarse under that mild exterior, just hope it all comes up Wahs in the end. So far so good if last weekend is any indication of the standards he wants.