• If you have difficulty connecting to certain section of the site i.e. Home/Forums, then please refresh your browser cache.

Select your browser from the options on this link and it will walk you through the steps.

If you still have difficulty, send a message.
  • During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.
addin.png

Player Addin Fonua-Blake

Date of Birth
Nov 6, 1995
Birth Location
Meadowbank, New South Wales, Australia
Nationality
  1. 🇦🇺 Australia
  2. 🇳🇿 New Zealand
  3. 🇹🇴 Tonga
Height (cm)
189 cm
Weight (kg)
123 kg
Position/s
  1. Prop
Nickname
AFB
Warrior #
Warriors Debut Date
Mar 13, 2021
Warriors Debut Details
NRL 2021, Round 1, Gold Coast Titans
Warriors Years Active
  1. 2021
  2. 2022
  3. 2023
  4. 2024
Signed To
Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks
Signed From
Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles
Junior Club/s
Mascot Jets
Previous Club/s
Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles
Current Club
New Zealand Warriors
Rep Honours
  1. NZ
  2. Tonga
Awards/Honours
  1. Warriors Captain
  2. Dally M (Positional Award)
Status
Active
NZWarriors.com
TBH it's a bit of a low bar to call it a sacrifice to move family to Auckland for $1.2M a year with sponsors and bonuses on top.

He probably doesn't like the "sacrifice" thus leaking the bombshell request to the media early in the year so he can "not sacrifice" and still maintain that $1.2M cashflow while using other family member's health as the reason

If people were told at the start we will have these incidences, implosions and discussions by June we'd have pushed for a player swap or immediate release

You’re assuming other clubs wouldn’t have paid that for him. There’s a reason why he’s considered one of the top props in the comp. There aren’t that many like him around. It’s a weak argument to throw money at him and then expect him to be grateful about it

Hes also only been over here for a year. Still a sacrifice made but he lasted 1 season before calling it quits. I'm with the poster earlier that said he will be hearing it from all sides and the one constant in his life (wifey) seems like a lot of negativity to be around. It can do funny things to the mind

I'm with the poster earlier that said he will be hearing it from all sides and the one constant in his life (wifey) seems like a lot of negativity to be around. It can do funny things to the mind
I kind of have this same take.

I just get the feeling that the football field is the one area in his life where he can just be himself, has one objective and doesn't have to think about any of the other stuff happening in his life - a bit like mowing the lawns for me. And when the team or team mates derail that its affecting his one happy place and him. I could be way off but he looks like a guy with a lot on his plate and being pulled in different directions trying to keep everyone happy. As posted previously, this picture can be painted as him not being a team player, and that may very well be the case. I see a guy that is carrying burden on and off the field and in need of a bit of support and help.

1719367828824.png

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
I kind of have this same take.

I just get the feeling that the football field is the one area in his life where he can just be himself, has one objective and doesn't have to think about any of the other stuff happening in his life - a bit like mowing the lawns for me. And when the team or team mates derail that its affecting his one happy place and him. I could be way off but he looks like a guy with a lot on his plate and being pulled in different directions trying to keep everyone happy. As posted previously, this picture can be painted as him not being a team player, and that may very well be the case. I see a guy that is carrying burden on and off the field and in need of a bit of support and help.

View attachment 7957
I think you're missing and ignoring alot of the context to come to this theory.

He was acting off when we were winning last year so how were players derailing the on field exactly.

He requested a release.

He left Manly in a dodgy way.

I definitely agree it's a failure of man management that this has unfolded like this with him.

it makes me excited about the JFH signage as you know he will be fully committed to the team.

I think you're missing and ignoring alot of the context to come to this theory.

He was acting off when we were winning last year so how were players derailing the on field exactly.

He requested a release.

He left Manly in a dodgy way.

I definitely agree it's a failure of man management that this has unfolded like this with him.

it makes me excited about the JFH signage as you know he will be fully committed to the team.
What was happening off the field with him and in his life last year, this year? I think you have misinterpreted one thing to try and disprove something that was an alternative viewpoint.

Lot of speculation by many that he is disruptive and not a team player.
If we are speculating and listening to rumours, we have a guy with family matters in Australia that he is dealing with, a wife who appears to be a fair bit to deal with, rumoured losses in crypto, etc. He seems like a fairly laid back character to me and I'm sure if some or all of that is anywhere close to the truth it would be weighing on him. So, yeah, looks to me like a guy that needs help and support to me.

Last edited:
What was happening off the field with him and in his life last year, this year? I think you have misinterpreted one thing to try and disprove something that was an alternative viewpoint.

Lot of speculation by many that he is disruptive and not a team player.
If we are speculating and listening to rumours, we have a guy with family matters in Australia that he is dealing with, a wife who appears to be a fair bit to deal with, rumoured losses in crypto, etc. He seems like a fairly laid back character to me and I'm sure if some or all if that is anywhere close to the truth it would be weighing on him. So, yeah, looks to me like a guy that needs help and support to me.

Yes, had issues when we brought him on board, but everyone seemed okay with his troubled past. Now it’s a problem simply because we aren’t winning. He's actually been a better recruit than some others eg Matt Lodge. Might not be the friendliest or most socialable guy around, but that's just who he is. I'm all for giving people a second chance rather than judging and jumping to conclusions without knowing all the facts . Too simple to put them in a box and call them the problem. As soon as any hint of antisocial behavior shows up, the rumors start flying... its possible that who he is and always has been….

If he really is the cause of all our problems then Webby, CG and Robbo know what they need to do... make a deal with Cleary and swap him for JFH for the rest of the season

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
rumor of crytpo loss? :eek: o_O
By the wife (only rumours).
As I last said in this thread, we've all had a friend who's significant other can be a hard case but they put up with it to keep peace at home and for the children's sake, and we never bring it up.
I get a feeling it's a similar situation here judging from behind a computer screen by all the public posts by the wife ever since he was rumoured to leave Manly.

Should have stuck with the bitcoin, that was the stable one surviving the wipeout a year ago

Ohtani’s interpreter was arrested for gambling his money and he was in like $4M debt or something, hope there is no rumors of that here lol

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement