New Zealand Warriors
Rep Honours
  1. NZ
  2. Tonga
Awards/Honours
  1. Warriors Captain
Status
Active
I recall after the Storm loss, the Sky team interviewing Barney about his thoughts about the game. I was surprised that he mentioned some players were letting the side down (or words to that effect). I wondered at the time who he was referring to. Most illuminating but Blair and co did not pursue the matter.
Liam Martin said something that sets Penrith apart when they won a game recently.

"We just keep turning up for each other"

Think you have to look at how tight the club has been in scarce rumours regarding recruitment but just how easily rumours were working their way into public forum regarding AFB weeks ago? Certainly gives me the impression that whoever was releasing what they were in regards to AFB was likely coming from their camp? I get the impression he tried for a release being that the sharks were flying at the time and they couldn’t accommodate him with a tight salary cap? Can recall at the time people wondering how the club had suddenly become one where rumours were flowing out of it
Well i personally believe if they had the chance to have him this year they would of made room for him. An unexpected medical retirement? Lol.
I believe he wants to do the right thing and play out the rest of the season with us. And play to his best ability which he has done. Who knows whats happening at the club. The covid era you'd think it would of brought them closer together and formed a tight bond. Looks to be unravelling at the mo tho.

Well i personally believe if they had the chance to have him this year they would of made room for him. An unexpected medical retirement? Lol.
I believe he wants to do the right thing and play out the rest of the season with us. And play to his best ability which he has done. Who knows whats happening at the club. The covid era you'd think it would of brought them closer together and formed a tight bond. Looks to be unravelling at the mo tho.
He can't win, looks pissed off when we lose gets criticized and I can guarantee if he didn't look pissed off he would get criticized as well.

This guy carries for us and has the ability to carry us into the opposition 10 metres zone and get the ball over the try line by brute force or style and grace. And yet it might be him letting the team down at present but some of it is fair given how crap our attack has been at times in spite of his hard yards.

So his lip gets dropped but the defining of his legacy here could be that in spite of that he puts the whole team on his shoulders and says "I'm going to that try line boys...... who's coming with me?"

Chin up Addin. You're an awesome player. Be an awesome NZ Warrior.
Let's get his address from the food delivery guy and send him this message.

AFB strikes me as a mercenary, and doesn't overly care too much about any jersey he wears. I have always thought he'd easily give back that Kiwis jersey if it meant he could play origin and get that extra 90k a year.

Can definitely turn it on when game day roles around because he is a top three prop in the league, so I guess that speaks to his professionalism at least on the field.
But that doesn't mean he's necessarily in sync with his team mates as we've seen many times on the field, or that his issues off the field don't cause issues in and around the club.

If addins wife is out here calling us weak gutted dogs. A usless club and we can all get fucked. That's personal. And for someone like SJ who loves this club , Lives & breathes Warriors. He'd take that personal too. Addin has to support his wife, And i have a gut feeling he surely blows her up everytime she posts shit about the wahs.
Where does this come from?