• If you have difficulty connecting to certain section of the site i.e. Home/Forums, then please refresh your browser cache.

Select your browser from the options on this link and it will walk you through the steps.

If you still have difficulty, send a message.
  • During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.
addin.png

Player Addin Fonua-Blake

Date of Birth
Nov 6, 1995
Birth Location
Meadowbank, New South Wales, Australia
Nationality
  1. 🇦🇺 Australia
  2. 🇳🇿 New Zealand
  3. 🇹🇴 Tonga
Height (cm)
189 cm
Weight (kg)
123 kg
Position/s
  1. Prop
Nickname
AFB
Warrior #
Warriors Debut Date
Mar 13, 2021
Warriors Debut Details
NRL 2021, Round 1, Gold Coast Titans
Warriors Years Active
  1. 2021
  2. 2022
  3. 2023
  4. 2024
Signed To
Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks
Signed From
Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles
Junior Club/s
Mascot Jets
Previous Club/s
Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles
Current Club
New Zealand Warriors
Rep Honours
  1. NZ
  2. Tonga
Awards/Honours
  1. Warriors Captain
  2. Dally M (Positional Award)
Status
Active
Interesting to hear that he went off the field and did not shake his team mates hands or the opponents. I get it was a huge loss but hate a sore loser. At least shake your opponents hands after a game.
Don't think that's compulsory like a team debrief for example but it suggests arrogance and bad attitude or something. Sore loser at least as you say, still pretty weird.

NZWarriors.com
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
AFB may very well have issues. That would be an easy cop out for AW IMO and doesn't absolve him of truly weird selections and lack of performance accountability on some players. IF AFB is packing a sad and delivering good performance on the field, what do you call what SJ is doing?

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
No wonder we will all get super stoked when are doing well. We have been a basket case for a while. When we are going good, we lap it up.
Yep we all want to win and I hope we don't stay non premiership winners forever. Addins talents are separate from his character. Which is a shame. I wish him well but yeah it's a waste of talent without the character growth in my opinion

Yep we all want to win and I hope we don't stay non premiership winners forever. Addins talents are separate from his character. Which is a shame. I wish him well but yeah it's a waste of talent without the character growth in my opinion
If I was Addin, after the great year last year. The connection with all the kiwi fans, I’d want to leave on a good note. It was a great year last year for the boys. Don’t leave like a toxic girl and then be remembered in that light for the rest of your days over in NZ. Leave like a champion, honour the club and fans. The problem is, it takes a bit of maturity to see the long game and with the pressure from
The Mrs who knows how that negatively affects him.

AFB may very well have issues. That would be an easy cop out for AW IMO and doesn't absolve him of truly weird selections and lack of performance accountability on some players. IF AFB is packing a sad and delivering good performance on the field, what do you call what SJ is doing?
"may very well" he's our highest paid player and was stood down. The attitude stuff was seen by fans before it went public. It's not a "may very well thing"

But he is not solely responsible.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
"may very well" he's our highest paid player and was stood down. The attitude stuff was seen by fans before it went public. It's not a "may very well thing"

But he is not solely responsible.
Perhaps I haven't articulated my point very well. I agree that it looks like AFB has some issues, the Panthers non team thing certainly backs that up. And while there is the one bad apple cliche I think it is far to simplistic to be laying our results this year at his feet, especially considering his performances for the large part have been very good. His attitude doesn't explain team selections, bench use, tactics, strategy, our lack of speed and energy etc.

Perhaps I haven't articulated my point very well. I agree that it looks like AFB has some issues, the Panthers non team thing certainly backs that up. And while there is the one bad apple cliche I think it is far to simplistic to be laying our results this year at his feet, especially considering his performances for the large part have been very good. His attitude doesn't explain team selections, bench use, tactics, strategy, our lack of speed and energy etc.

Could the fatigue from the Storm game compounded by conceding 2-3 tries in quick succession (and the Ford no-try) triggered the mental collapse? Or is that too simple.

I recall after the Storm loss, the Sky team interviewing Barney about his thoughts about the game. I was surprised that he mentioned some players were letting the side down (or words to that effect). I wondered at the time who he was referring to. Most illuminating but Blair and co did not pursue the matter.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
On the field it is definitely not Addins fault. There are many factors to consider - Speed, Look at our backline! Out of Cnk, Rts, Pompey, Kosi, Montoya , Tmm, Sj. TMM would be our fastest player 😏🤣 Slowest backline in the comp.

We've got so much key players either coming back from injury or are playing injured. Rts(Hammy) Egan(Concussion, Calf & Elbow) Sj(Hammy, Pec) Tohu(Everything) Walker (Toe & Hammy) TMM(Fractured Tibula)

Age - The average age of our starting 17 last week was 28. Most of those 28 year olds are about to turn 29. One about to turn 30. & 3 players in their 30s. We have 2 30 year olds out who are part of the origin camps.

So we have a slow, aging , injured squad. A coach not willing to risk it all and give our young bucks a go. A coach who is clueless when it comes to using the bench. And our captain and main playmaker knocking on the door of retirement.

Behind the scenes, It's a guessing game. Obviously Addin wants out for personal reason's. A terminal illness in the family, Especially a parent. I support him with that. Do what you have to do.

If addins wife is out here calling us weak gutted dogs. A usless club and we can all get fucked. That's personal. And for someone like SJ who loves this club , Lives & breathes Warriors. He'd take that personal too. Addin has to support his wife, And i have a gut feeling he surely blows her up everytime she posts shit about the wahs.

So he'd be under alot of pressure having to deal with his wife, His impending departure from the club, His relationship with his team mates, Wanting to do his best for us fans. I truly believes he loves the fans and the players. He's trying his best. Cookie gate might be the cause of it all. Which is not his fault. But something what weighs heavily on his broad shoulders.

On the field it is definitely not Addins fault. There are many factors to consider - Speed, Look at our backline! Out of Cnk, Rts, Pompey, Kosi, Montoya , Tmm, Sj. TMM would be our fastest player 😏🤣 Slowest backline in the comp.

We've got so much key players either coming back from injury or are playing injured. Rts(Hammy) Egan(Concussion, Calf & Elbow) Sj(Hammy, Pec) Tohu(Everything) Walker (Toe & Hammy) TMM(Fractured Tibula)

Age - The average age of our starting 17 last week was 28. Most of those 28 year olds are about to turn 29. One about to turn 30. & 3 players in their 30s. We have 2 30 year olds out who are part of the origin camps.

So we have a slow, aging , injured squad. A coach not willing to risk it all and give our young bucks a go. A coach who is clueless when it comes to using the bench. And our captain and main playmaker knocking on the door of retirement.

Behind the scenes, It's a guessing game. Obviously Addin wants out for personal reason's. A terminal illness in the family, Especially a parent. I support him with that. Do what you have to do.

If addins wife is out here calling us weak gutted dogs. A usless club and we can all get fucked. That's personal. And for someone like SJ who loves this club , Lives & breathes Warriors. He'd take that personal too. Addin has to support his wife, And i have a gut feeling he surely blows her up everytime she posts shit about the wahs.

So he'd be under alot of pressure having to deal with his wife, His impending departure from the club, His relationship with his team mates, Wanting to do his best for us fans. I truly believes he loves the fans and the players. He's trying his best. Cookie gate might be the cause of it all. Which is not his fault. But something what weighs heavily on his broad shoulders.
Think you have to look at how tight the club has been in scarce rumours regarding recruitment but just how easily rumours were working their way into public forum regarding AFB weeks ago? Certainly gives me the impression that whoever was releasing what they were in regards to AFB was likely coming from their camp? I get the impression he tried for a release being that the sharks were flying at the time and they couldn’t accommodate him with a tight salary cap? Can recall at the time people wondering how the club had suddenly become one where rumours were flowing out of it

This guy carries for us and has the ability to carry us into the opposition 10 metres zone and get the ball over the try line by brute force or style and grace. And yet it might be him letting the team down at present but some of it is fair given how crap our attack has been at times in spite of his hard yards.

So his lip gets dropped but the defining of his legacy here could be that in spite of that he puts the whole team on his shoulders and says "I'm going to that try line boys...... who's coming with me?"

Chin up Addin. You're an awesome player. Be an awesome NZ Warrior.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement