• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

General 2024: Will we make the top eight?

Will we make the top 8?

• Yes, we will go on a run starting from the Tigers game

Votes: 11 14.5%
  • Yes, we wiill scrape in mathematically & with a miracle

Votes: 8 10.5%
  • No, we will just miss out and come 9th or 10th

Votes: 33 43.4%
  • No, we will fall apart and lose most of our remaining games

Votes: 24 31.6%

• Total voters
He was the albino rugby fullback (think BOP?) who went to play in the NRL in the early 90’s? Was a decent goal kicker but not the best league player.
Holy tajhay knows his NRL - good knowledge there by both of you

But yes if that is what it takes we need to put a joe average player into the team if he can be a 85% kicker and kick clutch

NZWarriors.com
Holy tajhay knows his NRL - good knowledge there by both of you

But yes if that is what it takes we need to put a joe average player into the team if he can be a 85% kicker and kick clutch
The problem is the weak defender will be targeted every week.
Would be better imo to spend time coaching a few guys to kick goals and in play kicks also

The problem is the weak defender will be targeted every week.
Would be better imo to spend time coaching a few guys to kick goals and in play kicks also
No then you end up with Rapana skill level kicker. Pick a guy who can defend and goal kick. Anything else he can do is a bonus.
Your answer is a popular modus operandi for rugby league in general where no premium is placed on strong goal kicking.
So many games are decided by a narrow margin. Let's get a good kicker in the team. We can get a good kicker in a low salary and we will score an extra 2-4 points per game money in the bank. Remember also League is a game of momentum so being up by two points with twenty minutes to play instead of down by two with twenty minutes to play makes a massive difference.

No then you end up with Rapana skill level kicker. Pick a guy who can defend and goal kick. Anything else he can do is a bonus.
Your answer is a popular modus operandi for rugby league in general where no premium is placed on strong goal kicking.
So many games are decided by a narrow margin. Let's get a good kicker in the team. We can get a good kicker in a low salary and we will score an extra 2-4 points per game money in the bank. Remember also League is a game of momentum so being up by two points with twenty minutes to play instead of down by two with twenty minutes to play makes a massive difference.
Agree with you Wrighty but Joe average is not the answer either.
In today's game 2 points is gold 👌

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Agree with you Wrighty but Joe average is not the answer either.
In today's game 2 points is gold 👌
Joe average is going to have to be the answer - as Mathew Ridges guys who are stellar kickers and can play are a rare breed.
Maybe Isaaco pulls his weight and Garrick as the top kickers in the league who could make the team anyway with skill alone.
Then you have 4-6 dominant halves who can goal kick as well.

Take a legitimate NSW Cup stalwart or NSW cup level decent level player who can really really goal kick.
Taine is a fringe first grader who is a stand out in NSW cup. He is better than Joe Average - so at this point I want him at fullback ahead of CNK and RTS even though Taine is not my first choice for full back based on skill level.
Glad you agree 2 points is gold

The Warriors scored 512 points in 22 games. That is an average of 23 points per game.
I reckon we would have scored just as many tries with Taine back there instead of CNK
An extra 2 to 4 points per game as a percent is 8.6% to 17.3% increase in point production per game.
That is huge point scoring in the context of the average scores in an NRL match,

Joe average is going to have to be the answer - as Mathew Ridges guys who are stellar kickers and can play are a rare breed.
Maybe Isaaco pulls his weight and Garrick as the top kickers in the league who could make the team anyway with skill alone.
Then you have 4-6 dominant halves who can goal kick as well.

Take a legitimate NSW Cup stalwart or NSW cup level decent level player who can really really goal kick.
Taine is a fringe first grader who is a stand out in NSW cup. He is better than Joe Average - so at this point I want him at fullback ahead of CNK and RTS even though Taine is not my first choice for full back based on skill level.
Glad you agree 2 points is gold
Lots to be learned from practicing .
Joey Johns learned to do the banana kicks solely because of practice.
There's an old saying about the more I practice the luckier I get.

PS. Hopefully you are doing okay 👍

Lots to be learned from practicing .
Joey Johns learned to do the banana kicks solely because of practice.
There's an old saying about the more I practice the luckier I get.
I am sure we are both right and saying similar things from different angles. I would like to see Taine be goal kicker next year instead of the mediocre Metcalf. Metcalf as a goal kicker is 1980s rugby league thinking. If I cant have Taine I want Pompey to be kicker and him to be picked every week at centre as the first choice centre ahead of all other options notwithstanding we have plenty of depth at centre.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
I am sure we are both right and saying similar things from different angles. I would like to see Taine be goal kicker next year instead of the mediocre Metcalf. Metcalf as a goal kicker is 1980s rugby league thinking. If I cant have Taine I want Pompey to be kicker and him to be picked every week at centre as the first choice centre ahead of all other options notwithstanding we have plenty of depth at centre.
As seen this year we need 3-4 kickers. All of whom need to take reps kicking all year.

Taine
Pompey
Metcalf

Surely its easy to train or up skill our current players to goal kick

Then to sign a goal kicking rugby player and train him in rugby league.

Something weird is going on with our kicking this year - SJ missed and easy one week after chanels shockers. Metclaf missed a sitter vs Manly.

Surely its easy to train or up skill our current players to goal kick

Then to sign a goal kicking rugby player and train him in rugby league.

Something weird is going on with our kicking this year - SJ missed and easy one week after chanels shockers. Metclaf missed a sitter vs Manly.
Ridge didn't take long to train up.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
So I totally forgot I had Qantas credit from my cancelled Warriors Grand Final flight last year that expired on 19/09 this year, so I am now winging my way over to Sydney for the first Finals weekend 13th-15th September. Only cost an extra $300 on top of the initial credit amount, gee thanks Warriors costing me even more money :ROFLMAO:

To anyone that has gone to non-Warriors finals games, what is the best process for getting tickets in Aus? Hoping to get to a game on the Friday and the Saturday if possible to make the most of a whirlwind trip (of course depending on where the Sydney teams place, based on current ladder could still happen).

Should I just sign up to all the current top 8 clubs for presales and whatnot?

So my previous queries about getting to games is now moot - managed to end up getting full $900ish refund from Qantas after speaking to them today (started with them leaving a voicemail for me advising they could extend my flight credit... which I used a couple of days ago... ended with me having an angry rant about being forced to spend money I hadn't planned to... nekminnit cha-ching! 🤑)

I don't mind missing the finals games after all (like my boys the Warriors hah), maybe when we get to the grand final again next year I'll go through this whole hectic flight booking process again 😵‍💫

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Will we make it? - Just gazed into my crystal saggy balls and it says "no chance in he'll bei" so yeah.

And surely there's a Gordon Falcon type player in rugby who loves a punch on and stiff arm tackling people? Haere Mai over to the wahs!

Now that we are dead in the water, I see these teams making the 8; This is also my ranking of who I am 'ok' with winning the whole thing.

Really the bottom 3 (on my list below) I can't stand expecially the storm who sadly look the most likely to take it again. I don't see St George as much of a threat. Rest of them, any could do it.. but its always the top 4 so Storm Roosters Panthers Bulldogs. Out of that, Panthers (cheers to Ivan) or Bulldogs thanks.

Panthers
Cowboys
St George
Sea Eagles
Dogs
Sharks
Roosters
Storm

kinda like choosing between a poke in the eye or a kick in the nuts but the teams I’ll be hoping lose the least would go…

1 Panthers (they were my team pre-warriors)
2 Roosters (for jwh and manu)
3 Sea Eagles (exciting team to watch)
4 dragons (underdogs)
5 storm (kiwi contingent)
6 sharks (I suppose)
7 bulldogs (fans are farkwits)
8 cowboys (Payton 🖕)

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back