• Site may be down for a couple of mins. This notice will show up whilst work is ongoing.
  • During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

General 2024: Will we make the top eight?

Will we make the top 8?

• Yes, we will go on a run starting from the Tigers game

Votes: 11 14.5%
  • Yes, we wiill scrape in mathematically & with a miracle

Votes: 8 10.5%
  • No, we will just miss out and come 9th or 10th

Votes: 33 43.4%
  • No, we will fall apart and lose most of our remaining games

Votes: 24 31.6%

• Total voters
My only counter to fixing the offence piece is that in a number of games we scored enough points to win the game. Our defence let us down despite us scoring points. I'll side with the Andrew Johns, Cooper Cronk and just about everyone else who like them that defence is the key to everything.

They both need work but our attitude and structure towards defence really needs the most amount of work IMO.
I am new to league so I am going to park this for this year and see how this movie plays out over the next few seasons. If we are both still around on this message board in 2026 I will reply and remind you of this conversation.
I want to see how we bounce back next year and which levers Webster focuses on.

NZWarriors.com
I am new to league so I am going to park this for this year and see how this movie plays out over the next few seasons. If we are both still around on this message board in 2026 I will reply and remind you of this conversation.
I want to see how we bounce back next year and which levers Webster focuses on.
Hey new guy.

All credibility is lost when you start your post like this 😂

Remember last year when we were all stoked we got the better of the Riff assistants?

Good times...

Given the squads of both clubs, I'd say Ciraldo is certainly looking the better of the two in terms of trajectory.
I don't know... the were pretty dire in 2023

and just recruit like crazy - where as Webster inherited a squad and finished 4th,

There likely to finish lower than we just last year.

And a ex player is taking them to court.

Hey new guy.

All credibility is lost when you start your post like this 😂
Well he is quoting ancient league wisdom "Defence is the key to victory"...and quoting an immortal....I would be foolish to continue the conversation at this point unless I have seen more data points. This argument will keep. I am not throwing in the towel. In the words of the Terminator "I'll be back".

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Well he is quoting ancient league wisdom "Defence is the key to victory"...and quoting an immortal....I would be foolish to continue the conversation at this point unless I have seen more data points. This argument will keep. I am not throwing in the towel. In the words of the Terminator "I'll be back".

Sorry mate I stopped reading after “I am new league” 😂

"In the 8" starts pre season 2025
& then there's Vegas :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Yeah we might - probably won't
That's Webster's job
We all need a mental health break. Make it a good one folks

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
I don't know... the were pretty dire in 2023

and just recruit like crazy - where as Webster inherited a squad and finished 4th,

There likely to finish lower than we just last year.

And a ex player is taking them to court.
Completely different squads though in 2023, hell even in 2024 they still have a bang average squad on paper.

They are building, we had a flash in the pan in 2023 and then we reverted back to our usual transmission this year.

Webby is still our guy, but he has a huge mountain to climb next pre-season after this year.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
So, 31 would have got us sneaking in to the 8. 3 more wins. Let's be honest, we didn't deserve to be there but it would have been nice. 😞
I feel deflated and empty, and yes, bitter, I admit it. And according to my wife it's spilling over into toxic negativity. Must be hard being married to a Warriors fan, I pity her.

Last edited:
So, 31 would have got us sneaking in to the 8. 3 more wins. Let's be honest, we didn't deserve to be there but it would have been nice. 😞
The stolen 2 points against the Dogs, leading against the Storm until the final second and scoring more tries against the Raiders hurt the most. The fact we actually beat two top 4 teams makes it one of the strangest seasons in recent memory.

The stolen 2 points against the Dogs, leading against the Storm until the final second and scoring more tries against the Raiders hurt the most. The fact we actually beat two top 4 teams makes it one of the strangest seasons in recent memory.
Glass half full though, they're actually good signs if we can improve 1% and find a way to kick a fukn field goal to save our lives

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Yeah, those close games will get a lot of focus but for me the season was more defined by the games we weren't really ever in. Dragons, Roosters ,Titans 2nd game, Eels, Manly 2nd game, Dogs 2nd game.

Yeah, those close games will get a lot of focus but for me the season was more defined by the games we weren't really ever in. Dragons, Roosters ,Titans 2nd game, Eels, Manly 2nd game, Dogs 2nd game.
That's too dark for me, glass is nearly empty and it was the last can.

Last edited:
Na, there are some really good positives for next season. The wins and close games in the middle of the season provided a pretty good template.
See you nek year for another season of the bipolar rollercoaster brother, the highs are worth the very constant lows. Won't be quite the same without SJ and Jazz though.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7mMJukBAC3M&pp=ygUmTW9ycmlzc2V5IC0gU2Vhc2ljaywgWWV0IFN0aWxsIERvY2tlZCA%3D

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back