• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

General 2024: Will we make the top eight?

Will we make the top 8?

• Yes, we will go on a run starting from the Tigers game

Votes: 11 14.5%
  • Yes, we wiill scrape in mathematically & with a miracle

Votes: 8 10.5%
  • No, we will just miss out and come 9th or 10th

Votes: 33 43.4%
  • No, we will fall apart and lose most of our remaining games

Votes: 24 31.6%

• Total voters
"Will" is still very much dependent on other results, but "can" definitely still in the equation - confirmed by quick run through RLP ladder predictor seeing us 8th IF we win all our games or even drop just one (very big "if" there though 😅)

Edit : actually we can still get through losing 2 (including to Dolphins, providing they lose all their remaining games and others like Dragons and Raider having a very bad end to the season), so still got a couple more weeks of "mathematical" up our sleeves 😜

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
I think last year’s run has caught up with us physically. Injuries have caught up with us. We will be better next year. RTS will have a full preseason same with Capewell, and now there is some depth to keep the older players on their toes.

you know looking at the weekend games and the remaining draw I'm going to stick with my thought that we scrape in ... I don't think the cowboys are going to make it, probably will lose their last 4, which opens up another spot... the dragons are starting to go well and that throws a spanner in, but also puts pressure on the dogs ... eagles have a tough run in too, except for the tigers

We can do this - going keep holding on that - call me delusional, whatever, don't care
My hat is off to you. You are the only one who hasn't given up.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
you know looking at the weekend games and the remaining draw I'm going to stick with my thought that we scrape in ... I don't think the cowboys are going to make it, probably will lose their last 4, which opens up another spot... the dragons are starting to go well and that throws a spanner in, but also puts pressure on the dogs ... eagles have a tough run in too, except for the tigers

We can do this - going keep holding on that - call me delusional, whatever, don't care
Canon ball all it takes to start a movement is one brave person. I will stand beside you. The season is still alive this weekend for me too then.

This Canonball is your Oberyn moment if you know your Game of Thrones memes...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4eH46P-SoU

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
We are probably gonna absolutely monster Dogs and Sharks now that there's no finals chances 😅

Oh well, another season gone begging, stupid injury curse (and the resulting questionable decisions and game management).

Can only hope that lessons are learned and can get back on our feet sooner than later 🙏

We are probably gonna absolutely monster Dogs and Sharks now that there's no finals chances 😅

Oh well, another season gone begging, stupid injury curse (and the resulting questionable decisions and game management).

Can only hope that lessons are learned and can get back on our feet sooner than later 🙏
Unfortunately yes. Another long off season coming up.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
The un even draw really throws up some variables.
Of the teams 8 - 17 we have the second best PD

We're 12th for tries scored - 9th for tries conceded.

That Titans lose was really diabolical in the context of the season.
Everyone is going on about some of the close loses.

The big results for us this season were the games against the Titans, the Eels and the Dragons. These games we were never in and all should have been very winnable games against teams that were very low on the table.

Not only were they not close, they were dominant hidings. Even the Eels game we couldn't really score until the end of the game when they were down to 12 and the game was effectively over.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back