• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

General 2024: Will we make the top eight?

Will we make the top 8?

• Yes, we will go on a run starting from the Tigers game

Votes: 11 14.5%
  • Yes, we wiill scrape in mathematically & with a miracle

Votes: 8 10.5%
  • No, we will just miss out and come 9th or 10th

Votes: 33 43.4%
  • No, we will fall apart and lose most of our remaining games

Votes: 24 31.6%

• Total voters
I did the ladder predictor a few days ago. I only picked the winners not the scores.

I was quite conservative as I don't see us going on a long run. Our form hasn't been great this year.

I had us missing out. I then adjusted a few of the losses and it was still looking tough.

It looks like win all of our games we are in. But more realistically we need to win most of them and we are still relying on the other results.

NZWarriors.com
Optimum Round 22 results for the faithful:

- Tigers (H) to beat Cowboys
- Wahs to beat Eels
- Roosters (A) to beat Dolphins
- Titans (H) to beat Broncos
- Storm (H) to beat Dragons
- Rabbitohs (A) to beat Sharks
- Panthers (H) to beat Knights
- Bulldogs (H) to beat Raiders

If this happened with all 10 point margins it tighten up to this:

Note we are the only team with a bye in hand. I also repeat my earlier statements that only 8th spot is realistically up for grabs

Screenshot 2024-08-01 at 09.46.41.png

I did the ladder predictor a few days ago. I only picked the winners not the scores.

I was quite conservative as I don't see us going on a long run. Our form hasn't been great this year.

I had us missing out. I then adjusted a few of the losses and it was still looking tough.

It looks like win all of our games we are in. But more realistically we need to win most of them and we are still relying on the other results.
I get the same, we'll have to find some peak form to get over Manly and Sharks, still possible but no sign of it happening. SJ and and Metcalf back this weekend might give us some more hope if they go well.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
- Tigers (H) to beat Cowboys
- Wahs to beat Eels
- Roosters (A) to beat Dolphins
- Titans (H) to beat Broncos
- Storm (H) to beat Dragons
- Rabbitohs (A) to beat Sharks
- Panthers (H) to beat Knights
- Bulldogs (H) to beat Raiders
All are probable (favourites tipped) except the Tigers and South’s games. Plus the Titans and Broncos there’s no bad result for us really.

A good chance most go our way!

The last few weeks the best equation for us to make the 8 started with beating the Tigers and Eels at home.

We couldn't get that task completed. So kiss the top 8 goodbye.

We haven't gone on a good run of form all season. We needed to win these two at home to keep the faint hopes alive.
Not true. We went Panthers Dolphins Cowboys. We were finding some momentum and made key changes. Similarly just as we need to build we make changes again.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Not true. We went Panthers Dolphins Cowboys. We were finding some momentum and made key changes. Similarly just as we need to build we make changes again.
When I said a good run I should have said convincing.

Those games were exciting with an understrength side and they battled hard. It wasn't full 80 minute performance where you would go into the game knowing the type of performance we'd see like last year.

We would also have needed a better run than that to make the finals. Definately now.

When I said a good run I should have said convincing.

Those games were exciting with an understrength side and they battled hard. It wasn't full 80 minute performance where you would go into the game knowing the type of performance we'd see like last year.

We would also have needed a better run than that to make the finals. Definately now.
I agree with the first two but we got back to a good looking side for the cowboys and we could have built from there. Momentum from two unexpected against the odds wins followed by a demolition was there.Even from the titans game on the results weren't horrible and we weren't playing anywhere near perfect football but they weren't bad performances either. I think AW is too invested in players last season form rather than what was happening this season.

I agree with the first two but we got back to a good looking side for the cowboys and we could have built from there. Momentum from two unexpected against the odds wins followed by a demolition was there.Even from the titans game on the results weren't horrible and we weren't playing anywhere near perfect football but they weren't bad performances either. I think AW is too invested in players last season form rather than what was happening this season.
I will repeat. Good coach with a lot to learn

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
A huge upset win against the reigning 3 time premiers, who were without their first two choice #7, got our hopes up. A home win against a hot & cold Dolphins side missing Gilbert & Flegler fuelled the hope. A comprehensive away win against a Cowboys team which had 4 backing up, & 2 sitting out, post Origin 2 had us daring to believe. Beating a Broncos team without Walsh, Reynolds, Hass, Carrigan & Riki gave us renewed hope after the Titans debacle.
Ultimately we haven't played enough high level footy for any length of time for us to be anything more than pretenders

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
One thing is that if they beat the Eels, the lineup next week could be CNK, DWZ MGT Leiataua, Metcalf, SJ, AFB Egan Barnett Niukore, Capewah, Walker, with Bench possibilities of Lussick, CHT Sifakula Halasima, Laban, ale, Bunty Zyon Maiu’u. Teams will not want to choose to play that lineup.
Nobody is going to be worried about playing any warriors line up.
We are mud as s team.

I'm going to keep thinking we're a shot until the next loss... that game last night was confusing as fuck, we really need another playmaker in there, some unpredictability (TMM is not it, unless he starts playing hooker, which won't happen)

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back