• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

General 2024: Will we make the top eight?

Will we make the top 8?

• Yes, we will go on a run starting from the Tigers game

Votes: 11 14.5%
  • Yes, we wiill scrape in mathematically & with a miracle

Votes: 8 10.5%
  • No, we will just miss out and come 9th or 10th

Votes: 33 43.4%
  • No, we will fall apart and lose most of our remaining games

Votes: 24 31.6%

• Total voters
Seven teams are all but locked in for the eight now.
Of the teams fighting over the last spot these are the current odds.

View attachment 8390
I wouldn’t count the top 7 as locked in.

Bulldogs, Cows or Manly lose 1 game and they are in 8th (or out of the 8 in Manlys case).

Still few there are a lot of twists and turns to come!

NZWarriors.com
We can try to spin it anyway we want, the reality is we need to win 4 of our last 5 games to make it, or all 5 to ensure we make it.

There's heaps going on in that ladder and loads of the teams in contention will play each other all there will be loads of movement on the ladder but teams with 8-10 wins at the moment: Dogs, Sea Eagles, Dolphins, St George, Raiders, us, Broncs and Knights will fill out those last 3 spots in the 8.

I have a funny feeling that we'll be watching Sea Eagles and Sharks in the final round to see if we make the 8...

We just need to play like the start of the year or the mid season 3-game streak.....the backline form and injuries in the last few weeks were atrocious lol

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Coulda woulda shoulda......

Close losses by 6 or less.

Lost by 4 to Sharks
L by 4 Storm
Drew v Manly
L by 3 Titans
L by 6 Knights
L by 1 Dogs(hit)
L by 2 Raiders

Possible 13 points we could of had.
Putting us second on the current table behind the Storm.

Oh well!!

Yeah that's mighty frustrating.
To be fair, we've had 4 close wins by 8 points or less too, so it sometimes goes both ways, we can't win them all.

The 3 that stand out for me are the first Titans game, the Bulldogs and Raiders. Games that we SHOULD have won. Dogs game was obvs the ref who didn't give us a fair go, but the Raiders and Titans game we should have put them away. 6 points clear of where we currently are it would be a different comp, essentially 1 point off top 4 and pushing for that extra life in the finals...

It's actually pretty mad that considering how poor we've played this year, had we scored 3 more tries at the right time wed almost be top 4

Coulda woulda shoulda......

Close losses by 6 or less.

Lost by 4 to Sharks
L by 4 Storm
Drew v Manly
L by 3 Titans
L by 6 Knights
L by 1 Dogs(hit)
L by 2 Raiders

Possible 13 points we could of had.
Putting us second on the current table behind the Storm.

Oh well!!

Hope they learn from it and nail these games next year, otherwise all these learning come to nothing would be a waste

The lack of a proper shooter really killed the last 2 losses

To be fair, we've had 4 close wins by 8 points or less too, so it sometimes goes both ways, we can't win them all.

The 3 that stand out for me are the first Titans game, the Bulldogs and Raiders. Games that we SHOULD have won. Dogs game was obvs the ref who didn't give us a fair go, but the Raiders and Titans game we should have put them away. 6 points clear of where we currently are it would be a different comp, essentially 1 point off top 4 and pushing for that extra life in the finals...

It's actually pretty mad that considering how poor we've played this year, had we scored 3 more tries at the right time wed almost be top 4

Even the dogs game with a proper field goal kicker *SJ cough* we would still have won it in OT

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account

It's pretty mad that we are this close with the run of injuries we have had. If AW had been a bit more decisive earlier with injured players we may have been better placed as well IMO

How many goes did the dogs need and still hit the post with the one he did get and he is supposedly a field goal kicker
And had Mahoney been square at marker CHT would've had a fraction longer for his second attempt. Even as it was its a shame we didn't have the ability to see if the kick would have made it without the deflection. There's no way it was going down the middle, but there was a strong possibility of it going inside the left post.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
And I suppose we'll be relying on the Sharks to win that will we, they'll send out their B team and deliberately throw the game just to fuck us. God I hate them.
Maybe they can’t if they battle for home advantage or second life

How many goes did the dogs need and still hit the post with the one he did get and he is supposedly a field goal kicker

He had 2 sitters in OT and got his second one I believe, might had a tough one before FT

He’s had so many long rangers hard to keep up lol

CHT found ways to miss 5 clutch kicks in a row over 2 games. SJ’s shockers mostly went over, but you lose general plays if unfit

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Warriors maybe timing their run perfectly for the finals

I think it all hinges on the Sea Eagles game. We win that and then we only need to beat one of the Bulldogs or Sharks, which I believe we'll do.

But before that we have to beat the Eels. And then the Dolphins. Before we even get to the game it hinges on. Then we have to win at least one more.

Soooo.....long way to go lol

I think it all hinges on the Sea Eagles game. We win that and then we only need to beat one of the Bulldogs or Sharks, which I believe we'll do.

But before that we have to beat the Eels. And then the Dolphins. Before we even get to the game it hinges on. Then we have to win at least one more.

Soooo.....long way to go lol

Eels, Dolphins, Dogs

We're too far behind Manly, they are 2 games ahead PLUS a superior PD, so even if we beat them we are still basically 2 games behind them unless they flop most of their games

Eels, Dolphins, Dogs

We're too far behind Manly, they are 2 games ahead PLUS a superior PD, so even if we beat them we are still basically 2 games behind them unless they flop most of their games

Yeah I'm not saying we're going to take their spot or anything, but I see that game as the 'must win'. Having to beat both Dogs and Sharks in the final 2 weeks will be pretty difficult imo, so we'll need a game in hand I'm thinking.

But, looking at Manly's run home it's far from a sure thing:
Raiders, us, Bulldogs, Tigers, and Sharks. They could go 5/5 or 1/5, it just depends who turns up on the day.

Warriors maybe timing their run perfectly for the finals
Yep the timing is perfect, no doubt about that..... yet there's at least 2 Questions to ask..

1 - Can Webby coach and motivate a team to charge up the ladder so late in the season? Afterall he's still learning to be a head coach..
2 - Do we really have the players to do it? Forget about last year.. the opposing coaches now know who/where our weakest links are..

If anyone can honestly answer yes to both... then we can..

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back