Politics 🗳️ NZ Politics

NZWarriors.com
Markets predicting another 0,5% in November as well.

Such big cuts suggest the Reserve Bank are admitting they stuffed up… again!

As a few have talked about on here, it does look like the reserve bank went late lifting rates and now too slow to drop them. Probably in a tough spot when you had a government in a never ending spendathon funded by borrowing.

Last edited:
What's he like John, hopefully nothing like his son
Met him a couple of times. Regardless of what people think of him, friends of mine teenage kid was helped through a tough time, that could have ended very badly, by one of his funded services. So people can ridicule or question him as much as they like or use this funding to attack the government because they simply don't like them. I'd suggest they have no idea what they are talking about.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Fuck off. Try stringing an actual coherent sentence together. There are plenty of examples of this from the previous government. How about all the promises JA put out to win the 2017 election and the concessions made to get in to power. What an absolute joke that this is being held up as drama.

It's very coherent - the AUDITOR GENERAL had an issue with the procurement process and you're having ANOTHER melt down.

It's another example of the government spending tax payers $$$ & creating policy on hunches and feeling - not off data, science, expert advice.
It

If you're still so bent out of shape by the last government, you need to hold the current government to those same standards, or you look like a bit like a one eye man baby.

Can you guys the also bully MaybeTop8 MaybeTop8 and take him for a walk - he seems a bit highly strung & close to tear this week.

Don't know and haven't met the son.
Met him a couple of times. Regardless of what people think of him, friends of mine teenage kid was helped through a tough time, that could have ended very badly, by one of his funded services. So people can ridicule or question him as much as they like or use this funding to attack the government because they simply don't like them. I'd suggest they have no idea what they are talking about.
I am not ridiculing him nor am I questioning his integrity and never suggested that.
I did an article on him for a publication.
I formed my own opinion

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Not necessary. But it amuses me that the previous government seems to just get swept under the carpet of wellness and be kind. They don't stand up to any scrutiny and achieved next to fuck all. And here we have a promise kept and delivered and it's a big drama apparently.
The last govt spent $45m - almost double the whole gumboots funding support to ‘help disabled people find and keep rental homes’ according to the RNZ article posted.

Other govt agencies should be sorting that out, not raiding the mental health budget.

The gumboots funding, in the scheme of things relative to Labours wastage, is bugger all.

It's very coherent - the AUDITOR GENERAL had an issue with the procurement process and you're having ANOTHER melt down.

It's another example of the government spending tax payers $$$ & creating policy on hunches and feeling - not off data, science, expert advice.
It

If you're still so bent out of shape by the last government, you need to hold the current government to those same standards, or you look like a bit like a one eye man baby.

Can you guys the also bully MaybeTop8 MaybeTop8 and take him for a walk - he seems a bit highly strung & close to tear this week.
Oh no. Not the ol' Juju one eyed man baby. Does that shit actually work on anyone? So ironic because it's really quite childish.

How anyone isn't bent out of shape by the last government is a genuine mystery.

Do you even read what you write.

Do yourself a favour and take your own advice.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Oh no. Not the ol' Juju one eyed man baby. Does that shit actually work on anyone? So ironic because it's really quite childish.

Do you even read what you write.

Do yourself a favour and take your own advice.
Have you actually read auditor generals comments on the procurement process?

Sounds like the government aren't playing by the rules... yet again.

No need to be swearing at other forum members when they just expect their tax dollars to be spent with the same scrutiny previous governments have had.

Don't be a hypocrite.

Have you actually read auditor generals comments on the procurement process?

Sounds like the government aren't playing by the rules... yet again.

No need to be swearing at other forum members when they just expect their tax dollars to be spent with the same scrutiny previous governments have had.

Don't be a hypocrite.
That is the point you so clearly are missing. There is so much that previous governments weren't scrutinized on but here you are as the biggest hypocrite of all.

Perhaps you could give them some PR education and help them out 🤣

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
That is the point you so clearly are missing. There is so much that previous governments weren't scrutinized on but here you are as the biggest hypocrite of all.

Perhaps you could give them some PR education and help them out 🤣
The burden is on you to provide evidence of it, otherwise you come of as a bit hysterical.

And it's not logical to allow standards to stoop this low - just because you think the last lot were worse.

Comments from the auditor general really trigger you think much? Maybe stop being such a desperate fan boy.

‘Ministry takes the blame​

"While the decision to fund Gumboot Friday was a decision made by the government, how this commitment was implemented was a decision for the Ministry of Health.’

And:

‘While the government's commitment to fund 'I Am Hope' was a political matter, the "usual rules and conventions" when making decisions on the use of public money still "ought to have been followed," said Ryan.

The ministry should have provided more thorough advice on this, he said.’

The Auditor general has issues with the Ministry not the govt as made clear and owned up to by the Ministry in the article. Storm in a teacup from the usual suspects…

The burden is on you to provide evidence of it, otherwise you come of as a bit hysterical.

And it's not logical to allow standards to stoop this low - just because you think the last lot were worse.

Comments from the auditor general really trigger you think much? Maybe stop being such a desperate fan boy.
You really are becoming quite incoherent at times. I am genuinely worried for your mental health.

Any chance you are under 25?

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement

‘Ministry takes the blame​

"While the decision to fund Gumboot Friday was a decision made by the government, how this commitment was implemented was a decision for the Ministry of Health.’

And:

‘While the government's commitment to fund 'I Am Hope' was a political matter, the "usual rules and conventions" when making decisions on the use of public money still "ought to have been followed," said Ryan.

The ministry should have provided more thorough advice on this, he said.’

The Auditor general has issues with the Ministry not the govt as made clear and owned up to by the Ministry in the article. Storm in a teacup from the usual suspects…
Imagine getting worked up over a few million going to mental health and not concerned previously over $15 billion. Claiming concern about how tax payer money is being spent. And then trying to use the hypocrite card. 🤣

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/13...re-spendup-rushed-illinformed--auditorgeneral

“The process to identify projects and announce funding for NZUP projects took only a few months. Setting up the application process for the SRP took only weeks,” he said.

“It concerns me that significant decisions on the spending of public money continue to occur without appropriate processes for ensuring value for money and transparency.

“I think that Parliament and the public have a right to expect more for spending of this scale.”

Ryan said ministers were warned “at several points” by officials that some of the projects may not be completed on time and on budget, or deliver value for money.

Imagine getting worked up over a few million going to mental health and not concerned previously over $15 billion. Claiming concern about how tax payer money is being spent. And then trying to use the hypocrite card. 🤣

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/13...re-spendup-rushed-illinformed--auditorgeneral

“The process to identify projects and announce funding for NZUP projects took only a few months. Setting up the application process for the SRP took only weeks,” he said.

“It concerns me that significant decisions on the spending of public money continue to occur without appropriate processes for ensuring value for money and transparency.

“I think that Parliament and the public have a right to expect more for spending of this scale.”

Ryan said ministers were warned “at several points” by officials that some of the projects may not be completed on time and on budget, or deliver value for money.
You can settle this question of who's the hypocrite with another question: do you acknowledge both sides are equally if not more guilty of subverting the Ministry to get taxpayer funding? Or is ministry Incompetence solely responsible and they should be fired. That's two questions actually, so it doesn't so much settle anything as open up another can of worms.

Last edited:
You can settle this question of who's the hyocripte with another question: do you acknowledge both sides are equally if not more guilty of subverting the Ministry to get taxpayer funding? Or is ministry Incompetence solely responsible and they should be fired. That's two questions actually, so it doesn't so much settle anything as open up another can of worms.
Trust you w2d to bring sensible rationale into the conversation and( Inruining) my amusement.
See what I did there .🤣

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
You can settle this question of who's the hyocripte with another question: do you acknowledge both sides are equally if not more guilty of subverting the Ministry to get taxpayer funding? Or is ministry Incompetence solely responsible. That's two questions actually, so this might not work after all.
I think the obvious answer is yes. Both left and right are guilty at times. There is ministry incompetence as well but also the direction given by ministers and government to rush through things.
While you could argue it doesn't matter how much the dollar value is, I just find that holding up funding of gumboot Friday as a big drama against the current government is a bit rich, particularly given the previous spendathon that amounted to many 10's of billions funded by borrowing which was followed by crickets by these same posters at the time.

It also does appear to be that many posters who either support this government or are just aware that they are easily the better of two evils are more willing to acknowledge that there are things that the government are doing that aren't the greatest idea along with the good things they are doing. While the lefties seem unwilling to accept that this government are doing any good things and that previously the last government were very poor and in a lot of instances had much worse instances of things this government gets accused of.

That's just my take on it.

Last edited:
I think the obvious answer is yes. Both left and right are guilty at times. There is ministry incompetence as well but also the direction given by ministers and government to rush through things.
While you could argue it doesn't matter how much the dollar value is, I just find that holding up funding of gumboot Friday as a big drama against the current government is a bit rich, particularly given the previous spendathon that amounted to many 10's of billions which was followed by crickets by these same posters at the time.

It also does appear to be that many posters who either support this government or are just aware that they are easily the better of two evils are more willing to acknowledge that there are things that the government are doing that aren't the greatest idea along with the good things they are doing. While the lefties seem unwilling to accept that this government are doing any good things and that previously the last government were very poor and in a lot of instances had much worse instances of things this government gets accused of.

That's just my take on it.
Let's see what Juju has to say about that now, he has some convincing rebuttals sometimes when he's not in tears

Back