• If you have difficulty connecting to certain section of the site i.e. Home/Forums, then please refresh your browser cache.

Select your browser from the options on this link and it will walk you through the steps.

If you still have difficulty, send a message.
  • During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Politics đź—łď¸Ź NZ Politics

You've been a condescending prick to be honest
i’m sorry you feel that way.

i’m the only person here that’s ever checked in on you with the bombardment you get.

the only person that for some weird reason wants to make sure you’re okay when the real world buries you.

i hope your real life is easier than it is here. because it seems like a fucking shitter.

NZWarriors.com

i’m the only person here that’s ever checked in on you with the bombardment you get.

the only person that for some weird reason wants to make sure you’re okay when the real world buries you.

i hope your real life is easier than it is here. because it seems like a fucking shitter.
Pffff. Sure.

Dont take it to heart mate, you seem like a great guy. Nothing wrong with calling a cunt a cunt.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
juju juju
this is a bit more on what i was saying the other day, still tons of people out spending, just none wanting to go into the city because there’s no one in the city.
agreed it’s a bummer public servants needed to be the first but once there’s more people in the city, i’m sure more people will come to the city.

i’m also noticing a huge increase in walking police patrols now. and with any luck the people in emergency accommodation get into houses soon and i think things will really start to look up.

juju juju
this is a bit more on what i was saying the other day, still tons of people out spending, just none wanting to go into the city because there’s no one in the city.
agreed it’s a bummer public servants needed to be the first but once there’s more people in the city, i’m sure more people will come to the city.

i’m also noticing a huge increase in walking police patrols now. and with any luck the people in emergency accommodation get into houses soon and i think things will really start to look up.

That sounds pretty optimistic about the people in emergency accommodation getting into houses soon considering building has diminished and the growing cost of rents. Even the extra police you’re seeing, police numbers are down so I wonder what areas the ones you’re seeing have been taken from?

That sounds pretty optimistic about the people in emergency accommodation getting into houses soon considering building has diminished and the growing cost of rents. Even the extra police you’re seeing, police numbers are down so I wonder what areas the ones you’re seeing have been taken from?
yeah, it’s grim reading alright.
not sure where they were living, a lot of patch tattoos though. not many suburbs inner city where you see that.
they’ve been there for three years, surely they can be put into actual homes. it’s like an open door jail in the backpackers they live in apparently.
no one should be living like that.

yeah, it’s grim reading alright.
not sure where they were living, a lot of patch tattoos though. not many suburbs inner city where you see that.
they’ve been there for three years, surely they can be put into actual homes. it’s like an open door jail in the backpackers they live in apparently.
no one should be living like that.
Sounds a bit too simplistic to say surely they can be put into actual homes unless you’re going to continue paying for where they live as nobody lives in a dwelling for free. If you have a mortgage, you pay the bank, if you have a rental, you pay the landlord. I agree no one should be living like this, but I’m not sure of the solution either. Since national announced emergency housing in 2016, it’s cost NZ a million dollars a day. Not sure if it’s had that cost in its entire lifespan? Not saying it wasn’t necessary, but surely it’s contributed to our large debt

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Sounds a bit too simplistic to say surely they can be put into actual homes unless you’re going to continue paying for where they live as nobody lives in a dwelling for free. If you have a mortgage, you pay the bank, if you have a rental, you pay the landlord. I agree no one should be living like this, but I’m not sure of the solution either. Since national announced emergency housing in 2016, it’s cost NZ a million dollars a day. Not sure if it’s had that cost in its entire lifespan? Not saying it wasn’t necessary, but surely it’s contributed to our large debt
for sure.
as far as i’m aware, they are from kianga ora housing that i’m assuming was bowled to build new ones, there’s some super run down kianga ora housing here, that’s slowly being replaced with new housing.
there’s the massive 900 house arlington site at mount cook too that they were maybe meant to go to before it got halted?
i don’t know. i’d say the old backpackers will be bowled after they’re gone though, everything around it is being torn down and it sounds like that massive ugly empty hotel the other side of it is getting revamped so maybe it’ll all be part of the same complex.

for sure.
as far as i’m aware, they are from kianga ora housing that i’m assuming was bowled to build new ones, there’s some super run down kianga ora housing here, that’s slowly being replaced with new housing.
there’s the massive 900 house arlington site at mount cook too that they were maybe meant to go to before it got halted?
i don’t know. i’d say the old backpackers will be bowled after they’re gone though, everything around it is being torn down and it sounds like that massive ugly empty hotel the other side of it is getting revamped so maybe it’ll all be part of the same complex.
Are they independent developers replacing the run down Kainga Ora ones?

juju juju

I did read an article detailing what you mentioned was happening with social housing and the CBD.
It does sound like a whole bunch of causes hitting the CBD all at once.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
And what’s to stop if from being extended once in? Eg:
- Brightline from 2 to 5 to 10 years
- GST 10 to 12.5 to 15%
- CGT - landlords to personal house?

And is it pay as you go (eg tax bill every year regardless of selling) or only upon selling?

And:
Do you see it being to raise more revenue for the government? (Political suicide)
Or do you see it as revenue neutral ie scrap income tax up to $15k? (Might be viable)
And, at this very moment on skynews, they're discussing raising the CGT in Oz because it's felt that Australians are still investing too heavily in investment properties.

Mercedes Benz looking at bringing EV's with solid state batteries to market by the end of the decade....

Hope others join the advancement. Most of us have to take out a mortgage to afford a ev led alone a merc one

Hope others join the advancement. Most of us have to take out a mortgage to afford a ev led alone a merc one
Considering most hybrids currently use lithium ion batteries and a lot of the car manufacturers are moving away from EV's to hybrids and PHEV, I'd hope it would make those at least more affordable. Be interesting to use what the degrading of a solid state battery is compared to a lithium ion one. Plus, less money for Eion!!

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back