• If you have difficulty connecting to certain section of the site i.e. Home/Forums, then please refresh your browser cache.

Select your browser from the options on this link and it will walk you through the steps.

If you still have difficulty, send a message.
  • During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Politics 🗳️ NZ Politics

No deflection, I'm all for CGT and pay a heap already but I find it rich, pardon the pun that the CEO of the most profitable bank in Australasia all of a sudden thinks it's a good idea.
It’s a bit curious that the CEO publicly wades into the personal tax debate with an opinion

She only gets a platform to speak because she’s the CEO. Not because she is any sort of expert on tax

I get that she studied tax all those years ago at uni. But we all studied crap at uni that we haven’t looked at since

I looked at microbes through microscopes at uni. Maybe I should give some of my opinions on cellular biology to anyone that will listen

NZWarriors.com
Nice try at deflection Rick. Or maybe, just maybe, when even those traditionally big business are pointing out it's grossly unfair and promoting inequality (and I'll add in enriching the already rich and let's NOT forget about those poor, poor landlords with multiple properties), maybe, just maybe we need a capital gains tax.

End of story.
Ok, let’s do it.

How do you see a CGT working?
- On rental properties?
- on holiday homes?
- on the personal house?
- on shares?
- on KiwiSaver?

And what’s to stop if from being extended once in? Eg:
- Brightline from 2 to 5 to 10 years
- GST 10 to 12.5 to 15%
- CGT - landlords to personal house?

And is it pay as you go (eg tax bill every year regardless of selling) or only upon selling?

And:
Do you see it being to raise more revenue for the government? (Political suicide)
Or do you see it as revenue neutral ie scrap income tax up to $15k? (Might be viable)

Ok, let’s do it.

- On rental properties?
- on holiday homes?
- on the personal house?
- on shares?
- on KiwiSaver?
or a beneficiary/low income worker who can’t afford the payment necessary to keep their family home or family holiday home or own parents art/furniture collection or whatever it may be.

Ok, let’s do it.

- On rental properties?
- on holiday homes?
- on the personal house?
- on shares?
- on KiwiSaver?

And what’s to stop if from being extended once in? Eg:
- Brightline from 2 to 5 to 10 years
- GST 10 to 12.5 to 15%
- CGT - landlords to personal house?

And is it pay as you go (eg tax bill every year regardless of selling) or only upon selling?

And:
Do you see it being to raise more revenue for the government? (Political suicide)
Or do you see it as revenue neutral ie scrap income tax up to $15k? (Might be viable)
We often copy australia - https://www.ato.gov.au/individuals-and-families/investments-and-assets/capital-gains-tax

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
what the energia solare?!???

i’m quite sure i don’t understand a fucking word of what you guys are arguing about.

i’ll go ahead and assume its that villainous coalitions fault though.
You really are confused given you have the wrong country.

And apparently it's all the greenie libtards fault.

i really need to stop replying to buddy’s stuff because i think he actually has a head injury or learning disability but if anyone believes for a second anything that comes out of a snake like antonia watson mouth, i would suggest you look into her setting up the former CEO with THAT property, then throwing him under the bus and taking not only his job but the fucking property too.

she’s not a capitalist come good, she’s just getting ahead of the other banks empty announcements in hopes that idiots will change their banking to ANZ.

trust.
i know someone VERY well who works not only for ANZ but for her.

or give all your banking to ANZ cos she’s a now all of a sudden a good guy.

makes zero difference to me.
This is not a good take and all.
If I say someone has a head injury I get banned.

Did you watch the full interview?

The mere mention of property investment or speculation being geared differently sends you into conniptions.

We often copy australia - https://www.ato.gov.au/individuals-and-families/investments-and-assets/capital-gains-tax
And so do you see it being to raise more revenue for the government?
Or do you see it as revenue neutral ie scrap income tax up to $15k?

It’s a bit curious that the CEO publicly wades into the personal tax debate with an opinion

She only gets a platform to speak because she’s the CEO. Not because she is any sort of expert on tax

I get that she studied tax all those years ago at uni. But we all studied crap at uni that we haven’t looked at since

I looked at microbes through microscopes at uni. Maybe I should give some of my opinions on cellular biology to anyone that will listen
Kinda interesting a CEO is not allowed to publicly wade in...

But businesses can directly influence the current government via donations (real estate lobby, tobacco, mining)
And the CGT gets you guys more fired up.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account

Might take decades to generate any money if property before the tax isn’t taxed. Big incentive to never sell:

‘CGT does not apply if you owned the asset before CGT started on 20 September 1985’

This is not a good take and all.
If I say someone has a head injury I get banned.

Did you watch the full interview?

The mere mention of property investment or speculation being geared differently sends you into conniptions.
the person that works for her is my wife.
tell me how i’m wrong though.

no amount of you thinking antonia watson is anything but fucking evil will be anything but wrong.

i’ll take the ban though, that’s fair.
but i think it’s clear to most that our friend has issues and struggles for any grasp on reality. .

no amount of you thinking antonia watson is anything but fucking evil will be anything but wrong.

but i think it’s clear to most that our friend has issues and struggles for any grasp on reality. .
Is your wife forced to work for an evil person? Crikey.

The comments in the interview are pretty measured and answer alot of the ranting by you and the wiz.

maybetop8 is passionate about his beliefs & tbh you lot bully him.

Kinda interesting a CEO is not allowed to publicly wade in...
Well it’s not her area to do so. Is she representing the views of her shareholders? Or just her own personal opinions? If the latter, then her views carry the same weight as any other person
But businesses can directly influence the current government via donations (real estate lobby, tobacco, mining)
And the CGT gets you guys more fired up.
I’m not a fan of lobbyists, unions etc either. Not fired up. Just think her banking opinions are worthy of listening. Her tax takes, not so much

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Well it’s not her area to do so. Is she representing the views of her shareholders? Or just her own personal opinions? If the latter, then her views carry the same weight as any other person

I’m not a fan of lobbyists, unions etc either. Not fired up. Just think her banking opinions are worthy of listening. Her tax takes, not so much
A CEO of a major bank is pretty high profile so naturally will get media time.

What's clear is nobody actually watched the interview before commenting.

Luxon was about with another clanger in response to this RNZ interview

"You don't tax your way out of a recession. You grow your way out of a recession."

All the while laying off workers & slashing and burning with what's essentially and austerity budget (unless you're a party donor)

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement

Nice marv.

Is your wife forced to work for an evil person? Crikey.

The comments in the interview are pretty measured and answer alot of the ranting by you and the wiz.

maybetop8 is passionate about his beliefs & tbh you lot bully him.
my wife loves her job.
she’s fucking great at it.
that doesn’t make her boss not a cunt though.
who’s your boss? are they a cunt?

my boss is the fucking worst!
(it’s me 🥴)
and should all the people working for the government currently feel ‘forced’ to have their jobs?

i have done nothing but apologize to him, just in case.
i’ve checked in on his mental health for what, at least a year now?
i’ve apologized to him over and over just in case he feels attacked.
i’ve tried to reason with him, i’ve tried to show and post real life statistics rather than bomber fucking bradley’s rapist fucking opinions.

at some point you need to steer clear of the problem which is why i posted a round about reply to his new found love of one of the most horrid people i know rather than engage directly.

You lot sum up the right quite nicely. Selfish, greedy, entitled and bullying when proven wrong or can't get your own way. Each to their own

my wife loves her job.
she’s fucking great at it.
that doesn’t make her boss not a cunt though.
who’s your boss? are they a cunt?

my boss is the fucking worst!
(it’s me 🥴)
and should all the people working for the government currently feel ‘forced’ to have their jobs?

i have done nothing but apologize to him, just in case.
i’ve checked in on his mental health for what, at least a year now?
i’ve apologized to him over and over just in case he feels attacked.
i’ve tried to reason with him, i’ve tried to show and post real life statistics rather than bomber fucking bradley’s rapist fucking opinions.

at some point you need to steer clear of the problem which is why i posted a round about reply to his new found love of one of the most horrid people i know rather than engage directly.
You've been a condescending prick to be honest

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back