• If you have difficulty connecting to certain section of the site i.e. Home/Forums, then please refresh your browser cache.

Select your browser from the options on this link and it will walk you through the steps.

If you still have difficulty, send a message.
  • During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Politics đź—łď¸Ź NZ Politics

I was a WFH advocate when I was firmly on the left. Now I know how lazy, ignorant and dishonest 90% of people are; back to the CBD for everyone.
You sound like a good boss.

Weren't you the guy offering $900 for 40 hours (under Australian minimum wage) for your business & having a cry here how you couldn't get decent workers...

Maybe we need IQ tests to own businesses not vote.

NZWarriors.com
It is just returning to pre covid times, going to work.
If it doesn't suit public servants they can resign.
How is it unreasonable that an employer demands staff attend work?
Public servants ( managers up anyway ) are not the most productive at the best of times let alone working from home.
I reckon it's reasonable depending on the contracts the employees have signed.

I'm dubious it will save the Wellington CBD as the problems are deeper.

I'll definitely take that bet. They're not going back to pre covid levels because a chunky portion of the workforce is gone & the rest have far less disposable income. It's not just a Wellington situation.

It is exactly the same in the CBD in Auckland, Ponsonby, KRD.
not back to, somewhere near is what i said. no one could expect anything to be back to until the economy is.

i guarantee you there will be a huge uptick once there’s people back in the city.
almost all of the hospitality places that have shut up shop over the last year all have new shit in the works, and i’m not joking about fringe suburbs. some places are turning people away three nights a week. there’s rad new places opening in places like kelburns volco especially.
there’s a bunch of cool stuff ready to slingshot when people are back in the city.

some, owned by friends so i’ve seen it all coming together.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
I'll definitely take that bet. They're not going back to pre covid levels because a chunky portion of the workforce is gone & the rest have far less disposable income. It's not just a Wellington situation.

It is exactly the same in the CBD in Auckland, Ponsonby, KRD.
K'rd has been shit for like what? Ten years now?

You sound like a good boss.

Weren't you the guy offering $900 for 40 hours (under Australian minimum wage) for your business & having a cry here how you couldn't get decent workers...

Maybe we need IQ tests to own businesses not vote.
Lol google award wages genius and thats net not gross :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: . I love the fact that you to took the time to look that up, just to have a "gotcha" against me and you STILL fucked it up.

Living in your head rent free. Wait, maybe that's the solution to the housing crisis

not back to, somewhere near is what i said. no one could expect anything to be back to until the economy is.

i guarantee you there will be a huge uptick once there’s people back in the city.
almost all of the hospitality places that have shut up shop over the last year all have new shit in the works, and i’m not joking about fringe suburbs. some places are turning people away three nights a week. there’s rad new places opening in places like kelburns volco especially.
there’s a bunch of cool stuff ready to slingshot when people are back in the city.

some, owned by friends so i’ve seen it all coming together.
What's the metric for the bet?

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
What's the metric for the bet?
haha good question.
my books obviously, but that’s not really something you can see and trust. i’ll have a think.

so you really think if they get the people out of those motels and into proper housing where they’re from and that large of a chunk of the whole city’s workforce is back in the office full time there will be no or little change?

the mayor will be gone likely before the election if she keeps her current trajectory too which will help.

Lol google award wages genius and thats net not gross :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: . I love the fact that you to took the time to look that up, just to have a "gotcha" against me and you STILL fucked it up.

Living in your head rent free. Wait, maybe that's the solution to the housing crisis
I'm not the one crying about not being able to recruit staff on a league forum. And then posting in a way that makes it kinda pretty obvious why you might be struggling to recruit quality.

haha good question.
my books obviously, but that’s not really something you can see and trust. i’ll have a think.

so you really think if they get the people out of those motels and into proper housing where they’re from and that large of a chunk of the whole city’s workforce is back in the office full time there will be no or little change?

the mayor will be gone likely before the election if she keeps her current trajectory too which will help.
I'm dubious it will be the turn around you're making it out to be.
The lack of job security, lay off and cost of living (mortgages mainly) is a bigger issue.

It's probably Wilsons Parking will have the bigger upswing.

I reckon it's reasonable depending on the contracts the employees have signed.

I'm dubious it will save the Wellington CBD as the problems are deeper.
I don't agree with Luxon about lack of productivity working from home.
I was a public servant for 13 years and a pioneer of working from home.
Among my more notable achievements was repainting my house inside and out and filling in my 100000litre swimming pool with 54 cubic meters of iron sand and soil armed with a shovel and wheelbarrow.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
I'm dubious it will be the turn around you're making it out to be.
The lack of job security, lay off and cost of living (mortgages mainly) is a bigger issue.

It's probably Wilsons Parking will have the bigger upswing.
mortgage rates are coming down, and i said 12 months. job security sure, that’s always been an issue. now more than other times no doubt.

my wife works at one of the big banks and they’re already being told they need to be back in the office at least 3 days a week, and she’s heard rumors two other banks are going to follow the government and expect full time again.

mortgage rates are coming down, and i said 12 months. job security sure, that’s always been an issue. now more than other times no doubt.

my wife works at one of the big banks and they’re already being told they need to be back in the office at least 3 days a week, and she’s heard rumors two other banks are going to follow the government and expect full time again.
I'm keen on the bet, so let's agree on the metric.

I'm not the one crying about not being able to recruit staff on a league forum. And then posting in a way that makes it kinda pretty obvious why you might be struggling to recruit quality.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: pivoting faster than a ballerina after that embarrassment. You really that was going to be the one.

Anywhooo back to crying during my record turnover month.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back