• If you have difficulty connecting to certain section of the site i.e. Home/Forums, then please refresh your browser cache.

Select your browser from the options on this link and it will walk you through the steps.

If you still have difficulty, send a message.
  • During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Politics 🗳️ NZ Politics

NZWarriors.com
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Here's something totally out of left field to consider.... at the moment, landlords are able to claim back income related expenses (rates, repairs and maintenance, insurance [don't mention interest]) but they can't claim back capital expenses such as new heat pumps, additions or providing double glazing.

At the moment, repairs and maintenance to solar systems are income related expenses but providing a new solar system isn't. Not getting into discussions about whether or not solar systems lead to higher electrical prices for others, I'd like to see the government allow the provision of a new solar system to be counted as an income related expense to provide an incentive to landlords to install them... in just the same way they did with insulation. Cap what can be claimed back to a certain amount for say the occupancy of the dwelling. Allow for a certain amount of storage capacity for each unit again based on occupancy.... if the landlord goes over that, he can't claim the excess back of his tax.

That would then provide energy cost savings to the renters while also increasing some of the renewable resources to the country.
If economic stimulation is your goal I guess. Otherwise just making energy as cheap as possible and then give concessions.

Personally I would go with nuclear and provide free and subsidised energy to regular households, small business and domestic manufacturing and tech. The stimulus from freeing up those billions would be far greater.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If economic stimulation is your goal I guess. Otherwise just making energy as cheap as possible and then give concessions.

Personally I would go with nuclear and provide free and subsidised energy to regular households, small business and domestic manufacturing and tech. The stimulus from freeing up those billions would be far greater.
What's the cost of installing nuclear generation in a country our size?

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back