• If you have difficulty connecting to certain section of the site i.e. Home/Forums, then please refresh your browser cache.

Select your browser from the options on this link and it will walk you through the steps.

If you still have difficulty, send a message.
  • During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Politics đź—łď¸Ź NZ Politics

NZWarriors.com
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Israel Adesanya is the biggest housing developer in the country at present. Or was recently anyway?
really??? doesn’t surprise i guess, as far as income goes, it even makes sense if that’s the avenue.
i only know about the others because i have a property manager in common who really isn’t supposed to say these things but then when that renters group put that “attack your greedy landlord, here’s everything they own” website online it was all available to see.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
really??? doesn’t surprise i guess, as far as income goes, it even makes sense if that’s the avenue.
i only know about the others because i have a property manager in common who really isn’t supposed to say these things but then when that renters group put that “attack your greedy landlord, here’s everything they own” website online it was all available to see.
Sport stars… Not smart enough to hide it through trusts aye…

Many if not a majority of businesses don’t make anything without employees. That’s why so many do all that they can to hold onto the good ones
Anyway, you make 1 widget and work harder/ smarter and makes 2 widgets your wealth has doubled without the beneficiary next door losing.

In fact with the extra tax take, the beneficiary ends up winning as well.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Anyway, you makes 1 widget and works harder/ smarter and makes 2 widgets your wealth has doubled without the beneficiary next door losing.

In fact with the extra tax take, the beneficiary ends up winning as well.
Easier said than done when you're competing against huge economies like PRC making 1000 widgets with near slave-labour rates flooding the markets with widgets

Easier said than done when you're competing against huge economies making 1000 widgets with near slave labour rates flooding the markets with widgets
If we’re going into a full blown economics thread, each country needs to focus on its natural advantages.

Our widget is a cow and we buy another one and double our milk production.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Sports stars invest very wisely. Richie McCaw and Dan Carter invested in retirement villages

Or the govt just provides grants like for the insulation. A grant is essentially taking your own tax and giving it back to you in a roundabout way.

But I question if there is the will to have mass household solar systems? The generators don’t even pay market rates for regeneration back fed into the system which could also help.

From a govt perspective (also owning 51% of the major generators), wouldn’t large scale mass production of power generation for everyone be superior and cheaper (per unit) than small scale individual solar.
Some quick maths.... 60,000 rental properties at a grant or tax rebate set at a maximum of $8,000 per dwelling is $480 million.

By comparison, the Harapaki Wind Farm, in Hawkes Bay, cost $445M to build and can provide enough power (wind dependent) for 70,000 houses.

Geothermal generation is cheapest in terms of the capital cost per household fed power with the Te Mihi Power Station in the Wairakei Geothermal field costing $623M to build in 2014 but it serves around 160,000 homes so the cost per house was just under $4,000 per house.

The Onslow Scheme for providing additional generation capacity was estimated to cost $15.7B when it was scrapped. Given there's just over 2 million households in NZ, that's a cost of $8,000 per household for what would have essentially been a large back up generator.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back