• If you have difficulty connecting to certain section of the site i.e. Home/Forums, then please refresh your browser cache.

Select your browser from the options on this link and it will walk you through the steps.

If you still have difficulty, send a message.
  • During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Politics 🗳️ NZ Politics

Hard to believe anyone who should know was blindsided by this. Although the matter was offshore, surely it wouldn’t be hard to find all they need to know regarding the persons character. Particularly any legal matters surrounding the person
I don’t particularly care about individual candidate issues - all parties have issues.

But as I understand it National candidates are selected locally by each electorate in an independent process from the party. Hence the party complaining about lack of diversity, as they can’t control what each party does locally.

Greater local democracy but you get daft picks on a National scale.

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
Highest prices in the western world.

We’re paying for a captains call on gas killing investment and Lake Onslow mega project killing investment.

Who would invest in more power generation when you have a dopey, economically incompetent Jacindanomics Govt for 6 years thinking they could control everything…
Kupe still running so that call probably isn't hurting us yet.
I think the bigger problem is decentralized planning, we have 4 major gentailers that have their own strategy without a joined up" what's the most efficient and best for the country" plan despite 3 of them being majority owned by the government.
As well as that no central govt infrastructure planning that could lead to more distributed risk. Just build more houses, open migration and hope the infrastructure can handle it.

As I understand it, the signal it gave to global players was chilling.

Why invest in anything energy, mining, gas wise, which has a long term development timeframe, if you could get shut down on a captains call.

That sort of 3rd world leadership is soul destroying for economic investment in lots of unrelated areas.

NZ is tiny to global players and political uncertainty just puts a cross through our name.

Next we will be cancelling international sporting events if dolphins swim near the course… hang on 🤯

Hard to believe anyone who should know was blindsided by this. Although the matter was offshore, surely it wouldn’t be hard to find all they need to know regarding the persons character. Particularly any legal matters surrounding the person
Considering National have next to no chance of winning Manurewa, they were probably just happy someone was willing too stand. That said, they really need too improve their candidate selection process.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
I think the bigger problem is decentralized planning, we have 4 major gentailers that have their own strategy without a joined up" what's the most efficient and best for the country" plan despite 3 of them being majority owned by the government.
As well as that no central govt infrastructure planning that could lead to more distributed risk. Just build more houses, open migration and hope the infrastructure can handle it.
As an investor in the energy space, its about lack of government support.

All western governments have been virtue signalling wind, solar and hydro and disincentivising fossil fuels. The problem is that they don't build hydro cos its politically problematic so its all wind and solar. As the grid get weighted to more and more renewables, bringing more and more instability and volatility, wholesale pricing goes exponential.

Need to have the proper controls and input pricing to bring more baseload onto the grid.

This X1000
MrFrankWhite MrFrankWhite i know you like Nuclear power generation, but what do you think of using biofuels and waste-to-energy (w-t-e) incineration for power generation.

Personally, I find it hypocritical of the extreme Greens who say that we shouldn’t wait for technology to produce less greenhouse gases but then dismiss w-t-e generation because they say future recycling technology will reduce the amount of waste produced. They also worry about the amount of CO2 produced when burning waste but apparently it produces less greenhouse gases than putting waste into landfill.

Some European W-t-e systems use most of the CO2 produced in greenhouses and others have modified their w-t-e plants to produce hydrogen which they run their city bus fleets on.

MrFrankWhite MrFrankWhite i know you like Nuclear power generation, but what do you think of using biofuels and waste-to-energy (w-t-e) incineration for power generation.

Personally, I find it hypocritical of the extreme Greens who say that we shouldn’t wait for technology to produce less greenhouse gases but then dismiss w-t-e generation because they say future recycling technology will reduce the amount of waste produced. They also worry about the amount of CO2 produced when burning waste but apparently it produces less greenhouse gases than putting waste into landfill.

Some European W-t-e systems use most of the CO2 produced in greenhouses and others have modified their w-t-e plants to produce hydrogen which they run their city bus fleets on.
You can always spot a communist with their obsession over the future. Biofuels almost always end up being environmentally destructive ie Canadian old wood forests getting logged and shipped to the UK to be burnt. Waste to energy is more efficient at reducing waste than it is at generating power.

Its all about energy density and return on energy invested, which is why green hydrogen fails everytime.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
You can always spot a communist with their obsession over the future. Biofuels almost always end up being environmentally destructive ie Canadian old wood forests getting logged and shipped to the UK to be burnt. Waste to energy is more efficient at reducing waste than it is at generating power.

Its all about energy density and return on energy invested, which is why green hydrogen fails everytime.
Communist Frank? Pffffff, please. All of everyone's children are extremely worried about the future because we've fucked it for them and everyone.

And Mike? All other parties have a huge amount of hypocrisy and outright greed, like National and Act right now.

Willie Jackson speaks the truth to this hard right government

1723254154392.png

Willie Jackson

ndsoeorpSttm25h2f10816636c15ul49gg2u29101tlm1m0ta5migg7c8uhf ·

The Speaker turned down my request for an urgent debate into why Minister Goldsmith had removed Aotearoa from Matariki invites to Australian Politicians, Politicians who
knew more about Te Reo from Split Enz than Goldie ever has.
I wanted to debate the issue because behind the rationalisation is the reality they are stomping out Te Reo because they truly despise Māori cultural aspiration.
This isn't just the actions of a Government whop believe the focus should be on good communication to the censorship of Te Reo because the Right hate what Māori working together accepted within Pakeha culture actually means to them and their rich mates.
The bashing we are seeing of Māori hides a deeper more nasty right wing privatization agenda that runs in tandem to dismantling Māori rights to challenge this agenda.
Paul had to go through the invite to wipe clean any Te Reo, that takes effort, that speaks to a deeper agenda, that isn't normal.
To paraphrase Tim Walz, the new USA vice president aspirant, it's weird.
It's weird that the Government hate Māori aspitaion so much, yet loves Big Tobacco aspiration.
It's weird to hate Te Reo but love tax loop holes for Landlords.
It's weird they can't stand Māori Wards yet are changing laws for Mining companies and Real Estate speculation.
The National Party are weird.

Communist Frank? Pffffff, please. All of everyone's children are extremely worried about the future because we've fucked it for them and everyone.

And Mike? All other parties have a huge amount of hypocrisy and outright greed, like National and Act right now.
You’re in denial regarding your ideology.
Willie Jackson speaks the truth to this hard right government

View attachment 8508

Willie Jackson

ndsoeorpSttm25h2f10816636c15ul49gg2u29101tlm1m0ta5migg7c8uhf ·

The Speaker turned down my request for an urgent debate into why Minister Goldsmith had removed Aotearoa from Matariki invites to Australian Politicians, Politicians who
knew more about Te Reo from Split Enz than Goldie ever has.
I wanted to debate the issue because behind the rationalisation is the reality they are stomping out Te Reo because they truly despise Māori cultural aspiration.
This isn't just the actions of a Government whop believe the focus should be on good communication to the censorship of Te Reo because the Right hate what Māori working together accepted within Pakeha culture actually means to them and their rich mates.
The bashing we are seeing of Māori hides a deeper more nasty right wing privatization agenda that runs in tandem to dismantling Māori rights to challenge this agenda.
Paul had to go through the invite to wipe clean any Te Reo, that takes effort, that speaks to a deeper agenda, that isn't normal.
To paraphrase Tim Walz, the new USA vice president aspirant, it's weird.
It's weird that the Government hate Māori aspitaion so much, yet loves Big Tobacco aspiration.
It's weird to hate Te Reo but love tax loop holes for Landlords.
It's weird they can't stand Māori Wards yet are changing laws for Mining companies and Real Estate speculation.
The National Party are weird.
The truth? All comes across as a bit of an extreme take on things I reckon. The only hate I’m seeing is the narrative coming from the left.

All of everyone's children are extremely worried about the future because we've fucked it for them and everyone.
See... Present issues like people unable to heat their homes must be ignored because of some future risk where the world has been destroyed. Mass killings are based on the same reasoning, painful sacrifice must be made today to save the future.

Despite being told we have record food crops, record number of people lifted out of poverty, record number of human beings, record life span, record access to resources, doomer boomers will still try and tell you the sky is falling. Ironically its doomer boomers who pose the greatest risk to the planet; stopping nuclear power, blocking gmo crops, promoting inefficient technologies.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
You’re in denial regarding your ideology.

The truth? All comes across as a bit of an extreme take on things I reckon. The only hate I’m seeing is the narrative coming from the left.
You don't know my ideology. Any mention of communism in any of these conversations shows sheer ignorance. Always has.

See... Present issues like people unable to heat their homes must be ignored because of some future risk where the world has been destroyed. Mass killings are based on the same reasoning, painful sacrifice must be made today to save the future.

Despite being told we have record food crops, record number of people lifted out of poverty, record number of human beings, record life span, record access to resources, doomer boomers will still try and tell you the sky is falling. Ironically its doomer boomers who pose the greatest risk to the planet; stopping nuclear power, blocking gmo crops, promoting inefficient technologies.
Underinvestment due to profit extraction is ignored yet it is a main cause for a large number of the infrastructure issues we're facing.

Underinvestment due to profit extraction is ignored yet it is a main cause for a large number of the infrastructure issues we're facing.
Peak ignorance from someone who hasn't owned a private business. If I was going to spend $3 billion and 5 years not making a cent, I'd want to be pretty fucking confident the government of the day wont ban my business.

What you are seeing the energy market now is the results of decisions made and its also the driver of most of teh cost of living. EVERYONE pays energy costs at every part of the production and sale.

Shane Jones maybe many things but here he echoes the universal truth regarding oil and gas exploration.

“Natural gas is critical to keeping our lights on and our economy running, especially during peak electricity demand and when generation dips because of more intermittent sources like wind, solar and hydro,” Mr Jones says.

“When the exploration ban was introduced by the previous government in 2018, it not only halted the exploration needed to identify new sources, but it also shrank investment in further development of our known gas fields which sustain our current levels of use.

“Without this investment, we are now in a situation where our annual natural gas production is expected to peak this year and undergo a sustained decline, meaning we have a security of supply issue barrelling towards us.”

Rebuilding investor confidence in New Zealand’s petroleum sector will require more than removing the ban. The Coalition Government is proposing further changes, agreed by Cabinet, to re-establish New Zealand as an attractive and secure destination for international investment. These changes were agreed in the New Zealand First and Act coalition agreements with the National Party.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
The government will look at ways to set up long-term security for investors, when it reverses an oil and gas ban, the Resources Minister says.

But Labour says the changes would lock in emissions for decades to come.

Investors were scared to return to the market in case of a ban by another government and long-term contracts could be a solution, Shane Jones told Morning Report on Monday.

The 2018 ban on gas and oil exploration in New Zealand "damaged the perspective that international investors and domestic investors have about our nation", Jones said.

"One option is to work with the users of gas and develop a long-term take contract so that investors have the confidence over the next 30 years

See, happy to bankrupt the country and every citizen in it, for a mythical future.

As I understand it, the signal it gave to global players was chilling.

Why invest in anything energy, mining, gas wise, which has a long term development timeframe, if you could get shut down on a captains call.

That sort of 3rd world leadership is soul destroying for economic investment in lots of unrelated areas.

NZ is tiny to global players and political uncertainty just puts a cross through our name.

Next we will be cancelling international sporting events if dolphins swim near the course… hang on 🤯
Sure i agree with that, but your point that I was responding to was that this was the cause of the current price spike, I don't think the impact to prices from that decision has been felt yet.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back