• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Politics 🗳️ NZ Politics

NZWarriors.com
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
That presupposes I think anything about any comparison of those things.
In other words you have no idea about how any of them would work… only that some on here who do might not like them. Instead of continuously calling for a CGT, why not look at how people trying to use KiwiSaver to save up for a first house would be effected by a CGT on shares.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
In other words you have no idea about how any of them would work… only that some on here who do might not like them. Instead of continuously calling for a CGT, why not look at how people trying to use KiwiSaver to save up for a first house would be effected by a CGT on shares.
Well, Mike, you're the one putting words in my mouth, or rather my posts....let's just call it assumptive attribution. A common disease of the right wing posters around here, quite tiresome, but if that's what amuses you lot c'est la vie

A capital gains tax would ensure some sort of fairness of distribution in our one horse property driven economy, where politicians, especially this lot are in thrall to the real estate industry. It's amazing how nz is the only country in the oecd not to have a cgt - we must be geniuses, or know something that other countries don't or.....probably keen to enrich the already wealthy and mega landlords and keep the middle class locked in.

I'm picking the latter.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business..., New Zealand is,gains tax,” Nightingale says.

Uhhh…. It’s not stripping a billion out of the health system - the health system is out of control, spending a billion more than the massively increased budget National just gave it.

Funny how adding 2,500 extra middle managers hasn’t helped and only blown the budget. Hopefully these changes strip the layers out and put more at the front line.

Health just seems to be generally unfixable across multiple govts - centralising it certainly didn’t help. Does it ever (polytechs, Auckland super city)?
No, the health system is vastly underresourced, underfunded and overworked.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Quite clearly shows the number of DRs relative to the NZ population has nearly doubled in nearly 25 years. Normally "vastly underresourced, underfunded and overworked" industries see a reduction in workforce.

The question becomes is it nurses? Is it administrators?
The label says "Number as a percentage of 2001 category value"

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back