Politics đź—łď¸Ź NZ Politics

1719905991317.png

Unfortunately, smaller pharmacies are dealing with that other independent small retailers like small hardware stores, butchers, bakers, bookstores etc have been dealing with for years when bigger companies move in.

Governments don’t provide subsidies to them…. why should they to pharmacists?
I understand that but we are also talking about health of the community.

Government don’t provide travel subsidies to under 65 year olds…why should they to gold card holders?

These are all political decisions not necessarily based on fairness and equity

If you are going to kill someone because of recklessness, carelessness or inattention while operating a boat or a car, try not to do it via a boat.
The bloke that drove the boat into the Paihia ferry has been sentenced. Reparation of $130k to go to two injured on the ferry. The skipper is now paralysed and will get the bulk of the reparations.
Compare this to the young woman car driver convicted of reckless driving killing a mother and daughter. $10K reparation to each victims family, 150hrs community service and a years loss of license.
Justice?

Freak
Was there anything untoward or is this just social media nowadays? I’m sure the Greens, who are media savvy do similar.

I remember writing to MP’s and celebrities as a class project in school and they wrote back.

Different times?

I mean when all parties say the messaging was appropriate, what’s the actual story here?

Was there anything untoward or is this just social media nowadays? I’m sure the Greens, who are media savvy do similar.

I remember writing to MP’s and celebrities as a class project in school and they wrote back.

Different times?

I mean when all parties say the messaging was appropriate, what’s the actual story here?
Just that the kids parent has called for guidelines, which I think she is entitled to do being that it’s her daughter that she obviously has concerns about. Very creepy for a middle aged man to be interacting with a kid, ala Chris Bishop

Just that the kids parent has called for guidelines, which I think she is entitled to do being that it’s her daughter that she obviously has concerns about. Very creepy for a middle aged man to be interacting with a kid, ala Chris Bishop
He sent the messages in his capacity as an MP, not as a middle aged male adult.

Next we will be banning all men from coaching kids sports teams IN CASE they are bad people?

He sent the messages in his capacity as an MP, not as a middle aged male adult.

Next we will be banning all men from coaching kids sports teams IN CASE they are bad people?
There is a push, supported by the Greens to lower the voting age to 16. Would they not use social media to message them?
Even the boy who had interactions with him online believes guidelines need to be put in place in the article being older now and understanding why this is questionable. Not sure why there would be any pushback against a parent wanting their kid to be safe in who they’re interacting with online. The mother of the girl believes it’s weird that he’d take the time and I agree with her

I understand that but we are also talking about health of the community.

Government don’t provide travel subsidies to under 65 year olds…why should they to gold card holders?

These are all political decisions not necessarily based on fairness and equity
It's hard... trying to balance a universal healthcare system against what happens to those who are rich enough to afford a prescription charge. Then there's the fact of whether pharmacists should receive some money for their time fulfilling prescriptions.

In the late eighties, early nineties, prescription charges were means tested until Pharmac was introduced.

Maybe the best solution is to remove the prescription charges and increase the funding to Pharmac so the pharmacist can claim $5 for every prescription fulfilled from them. In order to still have those that can afford the current prescription, partially fund the Pharmac charge by introducing a small levy on health insurance.... similar to the way the Fire Service is funded through house insurance.

Personally, for new medications, we go through a local pharmacist because of the advice he offers but for refills, pharmacy only medicines and supplements (the cancer drugs means my wife's body is no longer able to produce or process certain chemicals so she needs certain supplements... we aren't spending money just to flush it down the toilet) from either Chemist Warehouse or online... depending on what we're getting and price.

seymour is a slimy little seat sniffer no doubt, but there’s a strong argument there for him just being courteous and replying to, not sending messages from people who are 3-4 years from being able to vote for him.

seymour is a slimy little seat sniffer no doubt, but there’s a strong argument there for him just being courteous and replying to, not sending messages from people who are 3-4 years from being able to vote for him.
Was all probably innocent with Micheal Jackson too, but it’s the optics that can lead to thinking sculduggery is involved. Still not sure why a parent doesn’t have the right to raise alarm in online interactions with their child

He's previously said he's too busy to be replying to the kids.

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/C86nAclvXAA/

And it's pretty suspect engaging with CHILDREN when your party is against lowering the voting age & against civics in school.

Perhaps because you don’t see the level of pedophilia in females to that of males
sure, but the article says how these kids were mocking the poor nerd but he still replies.

all involved say there was nothing untoward.

i agree it’s creepy regardless, but the article is not about pedophilia and the risks of adults having contact with children. it’s about politicians having contact with children.

we’ve somehow raced from kids messaging him and making fun of him to he’s probably a pedophile that’s initiating this contact with the kids.

sure, but the article says how these kids were mocking the poor nerd but he still replies.

all involved say there was nothing untoward.

i agree it’s creepy regardless, but the article is not about pedophilia and the risks of adults having contact with children. it’s about politicians having contact with children.

we’ve somehow raced from kids messaging him and making fun of him to he’s probably a pedophile that’s initiating this contact with the kids.
Not sure if this is new to you but there are people grooming young people online and being that one party is young people and the other is an adult who should know better, it’s easy for anyone who wants to paint that picture as what’s happening as easy to do so. Which it makes it so strange as to why you’d put yourself in that situation. Many of the other politicians obviously are weary being that the only other situation in this regard is Chris Bishop?

Not sure if this is new to you but there are people grooming young people online and being that one party is young people and the other is an adult who should know better, it’s easy for anyone who wants to paint that picture as what’s happening as easy to do so. Which it makes it so strange as to why you’d put yourself in that situation. Many of the other politicians obviously are weary being that the only other situation in this regard is Chris Bishop?
man, i agree 100%

the article isn’t about adults being able to groom children though,
the article is about how politicians should be able to engage with the youth.

also my initial reply above was how he had an argument for replying to future voters.
there will for sure be other politicians that have replied to massages from kids.

doesn’t make seymour any less of a creep, but also doesn’t make him probably a predator.

Perhaps because you don’t see the level of pedophilia in females to that of males
I know I'd be in the minority here but I see far more sense in Bishop engaging with teenagers as he was the National Youth Spokesperson at the time. BUT.... Snapchat was NOT how Bishop should have done it because of how the conversations "disappear".

Seymour, however, should have passed on the details of any teenagers who wanted to engage with him to someone else more appropriate such as Brooke or an ACT female staff member.

Now, I'll duck down into the trenches to avoid the bombs about to come my way!!!

man, i agree 100%

the article isn’t about adults being able to groom children though,
the article is about how politicians should be able to engage with the youth.

also my initial reply above was how he had an argument for replying to future voters.
there will for sure be other politicians that have replied to massages from kids.

doesn’t make seymour any less of a creep, but also doesn’t make him probably a predator.
I know I'd be in the minority here but I see far more sense in Bishop engaging with teenagers as he was the National Youth Spokesperson at the time. BUT.... Snapchat was NOT how Bishop should have done it because of how the conversations "disappear".

Seymour, however, should have passed on the details of any teenagers who wanted to engage with him to someone else more appropriate such as Brooke or an ACT female staff member.

Now, I'll duck down into the trenches to avoid the bombs about to come my way!!!
Just think if the parents have raised concerns, which they have, they have every right to suggest guidelines in this area. They are responsible for their children’s safety and shouldn’t be questioned in trying to do so

Back