Politics đź—łď¸Ź NZ Politics

i mean props to the bro TJ. what a wonderfully executed tattoo…

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/C8tQ8Plpzw2/?igsh=b3JlNXlnYWcydjMy
but i’d have thought all of winnie’s fans were either too old, too busy chasing parked cars, dodging vaccines or being stuck 95% of the way down a rabbit hole.

turns out some of them are still just out there living among us and being unstable enough to bless themselves with that fucking mug of his.

what a time to be alive.

Last edited:

but i’d have thought all of winnie’s fans were either too old, too busy chasing parked cars, dodging vaccines or being stuck 95% of the way down a rabbit hole.

turns out some of them are still just out there living among us and being unstable enough to bless themselves with that fucking mug of his.

what a time to be alive.

Wear that with pride marv. Not sure I get the link between Peters, Musk and Karl Lawton but the barbed wire heart around the belly button is a touching tribute

what a time to be alive.

Nicola Willis getting a Winnie tattoo wasn't something I had on my 2024 bingo card.

When in doubt ... have another tax cut ... then wait for an explanation on how's its gonna solve everything.... may even trickle down to kiwirail... hahaha

This ongoing shit over the years, robbed all our infrastructure of much needed funds. Add to that the foreign owned industry's that were once govt owned. Who's profits dissappear overseas at very minimal tax..

Problem is political donors have both major party's in their pockets. So no surprise to me things are falling apart..

When in doubt ... have another tax cut ... then wait for an explanation on how's its gonna solve everything.... may even trickle down to kiwirail... hahaha

This ongoing shit over the years, robbed all our infrastructure of much needed funds. Add to that the foreign owned industry's that were once govt owned. Who's profits dissappear overseas at very minimal tax..

Problem is political donors have both major party's in their pockets. So no surprise to me things are falling apart..
100%. The wealthy own National and Act

100%. The wealthy own National and Act
Not just Nat and Act ... Labour and Greens too... its common in politics overseas where donors fund both political sides but under different names or companies... so who says it hasn't been happening here..

Can be head scratchingly obvious when legislative interference goes against the fundamentally traditional principles of any Governing Party. Who have been elected in good faith for looking after the country and its peoples best interests.

Not just Nat and Act ... Labour and Greens too... its common in politics overseas where donors fund both political sides but under different names or companies... so who says it hasn't been happening here..

Can be head scratchingly obvious when legislative interference goes against the fundamentally traditional principles of any Governing Party. Who have been elected in good faith for looking after the country and its peoples best interests.

Quite a disparity in the donations in the previous election

Over forty years ago, one of my tutors said that politicians only really care what the public think once every three years and all parties activities revolve around a three year cycle. Sometimes, I wonder if a four year term would be better to get all a governments policies and building programs underway…. but four years is also too long for the country to endure a bad government.

Just an opinion..... but after the pandemic, where the previous Govt gave handouts to help business' and people who were struggling.
I believe big business saw an opportunity to profit from the aftermath.
Capitalising on rising inflation (price gouging in most cases) high interest rates cost of living. It became open season on the economy..
So by putting the business friendly Nat-Act govt in (hence the huge donations) would leave them unopposed to exploiting wealth from everyday kiwis...

I wonder how an alternative to the current system might work….. no parties can receive money directly but it all goes to the electoral commission who then forwards that money to the party so the parties don’t know who donated it Make it illegal for someone to inform a party how much they donated. That way, say National wouldn’t know that a certain interest group had given them any money or how much.

Or, have all donations go to the electoral commission who then hands it out in proportion to the votes they’d received at the last election. Only thing is would say a rich lister donate knowing his money could fund the Greens campaign or Greenpeace give money knowing it might go to ACT.

Either of these would be better than the current system.

Just an opinion..... but after the pandemic, where the previous Govt gave handouts to help business' and people who were struggling.
Capitalising on rising inflation (price gouging in most cases) high interest rates cost of living. It became open season on the economy..
So by putting the business friendly Nat-Act govt in (hence the huge donations) would leave them unopposed to exploiting wealth from everyday kiwis...
Does the stock market profits support this? I think not. I read recently where the average business profits are below 2019 levels (while average wages are significantly higher)

I don’t think there is a concerted agenda by donors to exploit NZers. People donated in record numbers last election as there was a lot of dissatisfaction with Labour, and the direction they were heading

If you look around, there aren’t too many people doing well in the current economic environment. I can’t think of anyone that is currently getting wealthy off the back of others right now. Everyone is just trying to survive

I don’t think there is a concerted agenda by donors to exploit NZers. People donated in record numbers last election as there was a lot of dissatisfaction with Labour, and the direction they were heading

If you look around, there aren’t too many people doing well in the current economic environment. I can’t think of anyone that is currently getting wealthy off the back of others right now. Everyone is just trying to survive
Real Estate.
Oil and gas
The farming lobby
The roading lobby
Charter Schools
Mining interests
The Fishing industry
The Gambling Industry
Big Tobacco

Maybe the likes of you and I aren't, but there are those who are profiting directly from this government, and I've got no doubt their donations were targeted explicitly at getting favour

And yes, I can anticipate the howls of "BUT LABOUR!!!!" and that's true as well, but not to the corrupt extent we're witnessing now.

Real Estate.
Oil and gas
The farming lobby
The roading lobby
Charter Schools
Mining interests
The Fishing industry
The Gambling Industry
Big Tobacco

Maybe the likes of you and I aren't, but there are those who are profiting directly from this government, and I've got no doubt their donations were targeted explicitly at getting favour

And yes, I can anticipate the howls of "BUT LABOUR!!!!" and that's true as well, but not to the corrupt extent we're witnessing now.
well, the original point was about donors wanting to exploit wealth out of everyday NZers. Firstly, there is a distinction between lobby groups and donors. Lobby groups definitely want some sort of agenda for the government. However, I don't think there agenda is to exploit hard working Kiwis, rather, they are wanting more favourable trading conditions. That doesn't need to mutually exclusive from Kiwis' wealth, or evilly-intended.

Secondly, on that list above (which I would describe as lobby groups, rather than donors), are they actually getting rich? A lot of them are just wanting parity, or just to be able to do business here. We, as a country, currently need industry and more jobs to raise our standard of living.

By the way - I couldn't give a toss about some of them! (I am looking at you, Big Tobacco)

Does the stock market profits support this? I think not. I read recently where the average business profits are below 2019 levels (while average wages are significantly higher)
We’ve been in an earnings downgrade cycle for 2 years. Volumes are going backwards and pricing hasn’t been able to keep up with cost inflation.

Back