Politics đź—łď¸Ź NZ Politics

When the price is 5x the basic ferry cost we can just change to ferries that match the existing infrastructure and buy 5x the amount of ferries.

Heaps of ferries for the same kiwirail gold plated cost. Exposes how excessive the cost had risen.
And much larger terminals 5 x to handle your 5 x amount of vessels.

If Bluebridge bought a rail enabled ferry, would Kiwirail use it?

My fear with the whole ferry thing is that Kiwirail have so far proven pretty incompetent in many areas of successfully running a strait ferry service. And making a buck.

Govt aside, and I mean both parties, the problem seems to be the caliber of not only the board but the management team as well.

To top it off, we find they have been engaging the old slash and burn McKinsey on huge money. Having had one or two interactions with them, they would be the last people in the world I would let loose in a SOE that has poor fiscal management.

Anyways, ferries are boring, can we discuss what's happening with Darleen or the Manurewa Marae?

My fear with the whole ferry thing is that Kiwirail have so far proven pretty incompetent in many areas of successfully running a strait ferry service. And making a buck.

Govt aside, and I mean both parties, the problem seems to be the caliber of not only the board but the management team as well.

To top it off, we find they have been engaging the old slash and burn McKinsey on huge money. Having had one or two interactions with them, they would be the last people in the world I would let loose in a SOE that has poor fiscal management.

Anyways, ferries are boring, can we discuss what's happening with Darleen or the Manurewa Marae?
Most boards these days are "old mates jobs ".

Just get Mr Brownstone to comment on those things, that should do it

When the price is 5x the basic ferry cost we can just change to ferries that match the existing infrastructure and buy 5x the amount of ferries.

Heaps of ferries for the same kiwirail gold plated cost. Exposes how excessive the cost had risen.
Where do youbget this shit from????

The infrastructure is fucked, regardless of which ferries you buy it needs rebuilding.

The infrastructure is fucked, regardless of which ferries you buy it needs rebuilding.
I could build a couple of sheds at each end for a few million leaving $2.5b still saved after new like for like ferries 🤣 Make it $100m on sheds and we’ve got huge savings!

With that couple of billion saved I would build a new hospital (or 2!). Much better use of money than fancy overspeced ferries.

Out of what, Lego?
It’s a shed for people to get on a boat! Lego would be pretty iconic and most of our building material nowadays is plastic anyway isn’t it?

The gold plated option was new rail infrastructure running right into the boat and designed to operate under water according to Mike.

New hospital vs trains driving straight onto a ship 🤔

Out of what, Lego?
Looks good real life full size Lego buildings!

You’re ahead of the curve mate. Might be to forward thinking for our govt though.
853BAF6C-2625-465F-A41C-72AB9F2771D0.jpeg

7867CB79-F268-4AA8-946B-A0F26B82F434.jpeg

It’s a shed for people to get on a boat! Lego would be pretty iconic and most of our building material nowadays is plastic anyway isn’t it?

The gold plated option was new rail infrastructure running right into the boat and designed to operate under water according to Mike.

That was only stage one. It was to be followed by train routes and cycleways directly to hospitals.
Passengers to Picton, everything else to another port, that is vehicles, otherwise coastal shipping.

I don't think that stopping the wharves at Picton falling into the sea in the next 5 years is gold-plating?

Back