Pick Your Team Warriors vs Titans - Round 8, 2024 PICK YOUR TEAM

Win Thursday and we will be 4-1-3 where as last year we had the Storm Anzac annual beat up. So, not terrible. Tougher draw this season too.

Remember last year we had Barney out for 11 weeks too. But we didn’t have the depth of injuries we have had so far this year.

Long way to go.
It's definitely a marathon with roster health being so vital.

I'm looking forward to a bye tbh.

Any chance of Taine at 6? I know I know, positional changes not the best idea really - but some of his work in the line in cup is very good - saying this as a TMM fan too, but there's something not quite right with him at the moment, and that way we get the option of CHT on the bench if he's fit too

I guess a bit of pessimism is warranted. We were 5 wins and 2 losses this time last year growing into a style of play.
This year hasn't really clicked apart from the Bunnies.
Which is why I am optimistic....because it has not clicked....we are sputtering along badly and clunky as fuck, yet we are throwing up competitive games against clubs like Melbourne.

I guess I expected a Rocky start, and believe we will click and be nigh on almost impossible to beat.

Still waiting for the click.

It's definitely a marathon with roster health being so vital.

I'm looking forward to a bye tbh.
That’s round 13. Small matter of titans knights roosters panthers and dolphins to come. We need three wins if not four from 5 to stay in the hunt for top 4. We need the scalp of the panthers or roosters as well. 3 of those games are away (with panthers being at magic round) so we simply have to beat AT LEAST the titans dolphins and knights (without Ponga) as a minimum.

Don’t you love the NRL? No easy games.

That’s round 13. Small matter of titans knights roosters panthers and dolphins to come. We need three wins if not four from 5 to stay in the hunt for top 4. We need the scalp of the panthers or roosters as well. 3 of those games are away (with panthers being at magic round) so we simply have to beat AT LEAST the titans dolphins and knights (without Ponga) as a minimum.

Don’t you love the NRL? No easy games.
Yikes

Which is why I am optimistic....because it has not clicked....we are sputtering along badly and clunky as fuck, yet we are throwing up competitive games against clubs like Melbourne.

I guess I expected a Rocky start, and believe we will click and be nigh on almost impossible to beat.

Still waiting for the click.
I noted it post game last week, we play a style that relies on the other team dropping their bundle. But doing it with a visibly busted up aging squad, that is being frontloaded with big minutes due to no bench so early in the season is a big worry for later down the track.

Granted we have no real other options to bring in, so there isn't much we can do about it. But the style of play isn't going to change, so how the squad fears as the season goes on will be interesting to watch.

I don't think the squad will change, don't really see any other more viable options personally. A bench of CHT, Walker, Ale, Laban is much easier on the eyes than what we saw on the weekend. So hopefully that's how we line up on Thursday.

I think we will make finals just fine, but we don't have the youthful exuberance of some of the other top squads. So that will be my main concern deeper in the season and in finals.

I noted it post game last week, we play a style that relies on the other team dropping their bundle. But doing it with a visibly busted up aging squad, that is being frontloaded with big minutes due to no bench so early in the season is a big worry for later down the track.

Granted we have no real other options to bring in, so there isn't much we can do about it. But the style of play isn't going to change, so how the squad fears as the season goes on will be interesting to watch.

I don't think the squad will change, don't really see any other more viable options personally. A bench of CHT, Walker, Ale, Laban is much easier on the eyes than what we saw on the weekend. So hopefully that's how we line up on Thursday.

I think we will make finals just fine, but we don't have the youthful exuberance of some of the other top squads. So that will be my main concern deeper in the season and in finals.
I am certain our young boys are being told not to let loose when they make it onto the bench. Pretty sure they are being inducted with the instruction of sticking to the plan. Those limits will not be imposed forever, the shackles from Webster will come off when he is satisfied that they have enough NRL road miles and street cred having stuck to his instructions over an extended period of time.

Pretty sure Webster is testing them for their ability to listen. Also pretty sure he will pull the trigger and tell them to go for it after they put in a requisite number of road miles proving they are trust worthy and Çoachable players.

I think it is pretty obvious that Webster is protecting the Juniors, we just saw our team flogged for the sake of protecting Laban and Roach.

Many fans are becrying that move. Blaming it soley on the loss. Fine, maybe it is the reason we lost,. But the thing most critiques of that move are too short sigthed to see....is that Webster is not planning to hold them back forever, this protection of the bench is temporary, yet the fans are hating on it like they think Webster is dumb and gonna do it forever.

Tom Ale is a good example of why that criticism is lacking.

And Rocco Berrys careful intro to becoming a serious NRL player pretty much dismisses the the sentiment that Webster is wrong in protecting his Juniors.

Rocco was thrown in the deep end. He struggled and almost drowned, he was one of the worst debutantes in Warriors history.

So Roccos micro management by the coaches, becomes the template for future NRL rookies, a template that allows for them being used sparingly and pulled when they struggle.

Last edited:
I am certain our young boys are being told not to let loose when they make it onto the bench. Pretty sure they are being inducted with the instruction of sticking to the plan. Those limits will not be imposed forever, the shackles from Webster will come off when he is satisfied that they have enough NRL road miles and street cred having stuck to his instructions over an extended period of time.

Pretty sure Webster is testing them for their ability to listen. Also pretty sure he will pull the trigger and tell them to go for it after they put in a requisite number of road miles proving they are trust worthy and Çoachable players.

I think it is pretty obvious that Webster is protecting the Juniors, we just saw our team flogged for the sake of protecting Laban and Roach.

Many fans are becrying that move. Blaming it soley on the loss. Fine, maybe it is the reason we lost,. But the thing most critiques of that move are too short sigthed to see....is that Webster is not planning to hold them back forever, this protection of the bench is temporary, yet the fans are hating on it like they think Webster is dumb and gonna do it forever.

Tom Ale is a good example of why that criticism is lacking.

And Rocco Berrys careful intro to becoming a serious NRL player pretty much dismisses the the sentiment that Webster is wrong in protecting his Juniors.

Rocco was thrown in the deep end. He struggled and almost drowned, he was one of the worst debutantes in Warriors history.

So Roccos micro management by the coaches, becomes the template for future NRL rookies, a template that allows for them being used sparingly and pulled when they struggle.
Agreed, we already have senior players with bulk errors and penalties currently.

Anything other than go out there and be tidy to our juniors would be criminal coaching.

Would be nice to have atleast one of Jake, Bunty, or even Jazz available but not to be at present.

Anyone hearing rumours about SJ being out this week?
Is it the same rumour that pops up every week? He has been nursing a leg complaint all season so I think the coaching staff are finally gonna rest him if the rumour turns out to be true.

Reactions: Sam
I would rest him against the titans personally.

Do we have the troops to do so currently? It's a tough ask at the moment but I really don't think we can afford to.

If we lose against the Titans I think there would be some real concern for the team. On top of the injuries we've suffered already, and the absolute shit show put up on the weekend I don't think there will be much confidence in the team.

Devils advocate of course is that if he plays and gets injured were fooked anyways. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
For me, if he's fit enough he plays. If he didn't pick up an injury on the weekend or pull up sore I'd have him in there

Do we have the troops to do so currently? It's a tough ask at the moment but I really don't think we can afford to.

If we lose against the Titans I think there would be some real concern for the team. On top of the injuries we've suffered already, and the absolute shit show put up on the weekend I don't think there will be much confidence in the team.

Devils advocate of course is that if he plays and gets injured were fooked anyways. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
For me, if he's fit enough he plays. If he didn't pick up an injury on the weekend or pull up sore I'd have him in there
Absolutely

SJ being a week to week prospect with an Achilles issue is...not great.

There is very little room to rest him at any stage, no other options in the halves are anywhere near his standard and frankly if he retires at the end of this season it will probably signal another dark era for the club (unless there's another JFH-like miracle signing of an established half in the works).

Would be nice to be able to rotate some of these guys but injuries won't allow it. Fatigue is a factor for sure, but it is still only round 8. I expect same team with Walker in for Roache.

Back